food Ribs Anyone??

Just got back after running some errands and checked on teh ribs. Smelling goooooooood. mrs. blues doesn't eat ribs but just asked.."how long before they're done?"

Started them @425 for 45 minutes and then dropped it down to 250 for the last 2 hours.

IMG_2201.jpg

Gotem' all slathered up wetter than a shampooed water buffalo!

IMG_2202.jpg

And back in teh oven for another 20 or so minutes @425.

(gratuitous oven shot)

IMG_2203.jpg

More piccy's to come for your entertainment pleasure....

Looks awesome TB!

Here is my plated up ribs, Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic and Asparagus. Along side a nice glass of Australian Yellow Tail Shiraz 2009. This meal is fit for a King!
DSCF4022.jpg

Thank you CH...despite what THP says, these ribs are incredibly awesome! They are so juicy and full of flavor, not to mention melt in your mouth tender. I'm in heaven!

Thanks you TB, I can't wait to see your plate up pics.

Ribs are finally done, out of the oven and resting.

See what I've done?

I tossed the habanerbot pepper in the last 2 minutes to give it the spiceenescxt!!

IMG_2204.jpg

Plateup shortly......

Here's mrs. blues plate. The coleslaw is one for mrs. blues. Rice wine vin, sugar, salt, mayo, and crushed pineapple. That's it. She didn't even bother to sit down and eat the stuff....stood right at the counter and mowed it down......she gives it....2 thumbs up!!

IMG_2206.jpg

Too early for me to eat....I'm thinkin' oven rib sammich later...

DAMN!!! TB, that there....well that's...she didn't even sit down to eat it? Dude, that is totally out of the ballpark, gimme more, I must have ribalicious! Survey says...THATS A WINNER! Sounds like she thought it was sex on a plate and might give ya a prize later. ;)

Pepperfreak said:
DAMN!!! TB, that there....well that's...she didn't even sit down to eat it? Dude, that is totally out of the ballpark, gimme more, I must have ribalicious! Survey says...THATS A WINNER! Sounds like she thought it was sex on a plate and might give ya a prize later. ;)

Doubtful on the prize later.....we both got pretty sunburnt on the trip to Mexico and we're still peeling, itchy and scratchy. But much obliged for the thought. mrs. blues is definitely all that and worth it!

Pineapple slaw sounds righteous. I would prob. substitute plain yogurt for the mayo, sounds funky with pineapple, but still righteous.

Both racks look ok :P

OMFG... Your ribs look awesome guys !! and this is sooo freaky.. but I cooked ribs last night too!!! 'cept mine didnt turn out as well as yours as I got too drunk too quickly and well.... here's the results... mine were marinaded in the chilli factory habanero turbo supercharge and mrmels in a smoky bbq sauce... oh... and they went in the oven too!!

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

Damn whatcha talkin' bout didn't come out good? You managed to get a nice bark from the oven! You just slaughtered PF and TB in the oven ribs unofficial Throwdown!

hehehehee... i am the oven ribs queen!!!! they tasted great and were so hot that i was nearly crying when i ate them, sniffling and crying whilst eating ribs! Great look for a drunk Mel :P

As luck would have it.....

I have some to contribute!

I present for your approval.....Paul's wild oven extravaganza!!

Here we have 2 giant racks of pork back ribs, 6 pounds of crab legs, 2 pounds of shrimp, firecracker corn, beans, cole slaw, and zucchini!

100_0922-1.jpg

Three different heat settings:

100_0925-1.jpg

Don't they look awesome?

100_0926-1.jpg

Rubbed down with Famous Daves and PF's 7-pod:

100_0927.jpg

Wrapped in foil with a can of beer for moisture.....and tossed into a 275 degree oven for 3 and a half hours.....

To be continued!

Back