food Ribs Anyone??

Ketchup is a fine base for BBQ sauce! Poo poo on the nay sayers. Ketchup's got a bad rap for no reason. I like the organic though. Keep it natural baby.

PF you have redeemed yourself, with homemade sauce, and country style, not trying to BBQ indoors. Cheers.

thehotpepper.com said:
Ketchup is a fine base for BBQ sauce! Poo poo on the nay sayers. Ketchup's got a bad rap for no reason. I like the organic though. Keep it natural baby.

You frown upon ribs in the oven, but think that ketchup is OK as an ingredient? Ketchup?

You are an interesting man boss! ;)

MrArboc said:
You frown upon ribs in the oven, but think that ketchup is OK as an ingredient? Ketchup?

You are an interesting man boss! ;)

Think about it.

Tomatoes and vinegar that's already processed down to a smooth consistency. It's a fine base for sauces of many kinds. ;)

I'm not a snob I like my ketchup! Poo poo on you mayonnaise fry eating bastards.

French fries and mayo isn't bad....but my conscience won't allow me to do something that's so horribly and obviously bad for you very often.

Mayo on fries is even worse than ketchup in food. Who does something like that? (Except the french, but they don't count!)

MrArboc said:
Mayo on fries is even worse than ketchup in food. Who does something like that? (Except the french, but they don't count!)

Uh....me.

(but only on rare occasions)

Horseradish sauce is pretty good too.

I like mayo on french fries along with the ketchup, but I can't being myself to do it because the fries are already calorie packed.

Tomato-based BBQ sauce is basically ketchup with brown sugar, molasses, and spices. You can start with ketchup, or you can start with tomato pate/puree and add the vinegar and salt, and then the rest. Either way it's ketchup!

paulky_2000 said:
Looks awesome, PF!!

BTW, ketchup seems like a very logical place to start when making your own BBQ sauce.

Thanks Paul, this is a real simple recipe and the sauce is really good, in fact I have made just the sauce part as a basting sauce while grilling.

thehotpepper.com said:

PF you have redeemed yourself, with homemade sauce, and country style, not trying to BBQ indoors. Cheers.

Why thank you Boss... However, I gotta be honest, I thought you where going to bash me over the slow cooker :lol: I am glad you like sir.

PF, the slow cooker is better than the oven. It's not trying to mock BBQ it's its own thang so I dig! Try some beef short ribs with Asian BBQ sauce and fresh grated ginger slow cooked all day.

paulky_2000 said:
Looks awesome, PF!!

BTW, ketchup seems like a very logical place to start when making your own BBQ sauce.

thehotpepper.com said:
PF, the slow cooker is better than the oven. It's not trying to mock BBQ it's its own thang so I dig! Try some beef short ribs with Asian BBQ sauce and fresh grated ginger slow cooked all day.

That sounds really good! I'll give it a try next time I feel like dusting off my slow cooker. ;)

Back