• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ribs Pepperfreak Style

I wasn't planning on posting these ribs since I took such a huge beating last time. But here goes. Y'all can take your best shot! they were too good for anything you guys might say to negate that. :D :lol:

I have learned that ribs cooked in the oven require low temps and lots of cooking time. These for instance were started at 300 degrees F for the first hour and then lowered to 275 for the remaining 3 hours, not to forget covering them. After the initial 4 hours, uncover them, drain off any liquid that might be in the pan and mope them with your fav BBQ sauce and bake for another hour on 250.
Now that creates some outstanding, melt in your mouth bone marrow sucking ribs.

DSCF3926.jpg

DSCF3927.jpg

Booooooooooooooooo oven ribs again booooooooooooo.

TB, can you please poo poo these?

how on earth can you booo those THP?? They look awesome!! i know they may not comply with your preferred cooking method.. but come on - as if you wouldnt eat em :)

mel said:
how on earth can you booo those THP?? They look awesome!! i know they may not comply with your preferred cooking method.. but come on - as if you wouldnt eat em :)

I would!!

PF, I think those look fantastic!!!

PF sent me PMs and asked why I haven't poo poo'ed his ribs, so I had to.

He also PMed:

Pepperfreak said:
Do you think you might take away that tiara? It is kind of beginning to annoy me.

:rofl:

Does that mean I bring it back? THAT is drama :rofl:

The Drunk Poo-bah has spoken :lol:

Like ribs with your sauce PF?

PF they look good, but I think you have your temp control backwards. You may start out at 300F that's fine, but then you should lower to 250F, and finally uncover and crank it up to 350-400F at the end to give them a crust. JMO.

For all that liked these ribs....THANK YOU! :cool:

For the rest of ya nay sayers...They were great!

THP, the sauce isn't as thick as the pic depicts, it is actually more glazed than anything and btw, these simply melted in your mouth!

Oh and you can keep your cheap tiera, it looks better on you anyway. :D

Thanks Jay, I might try that next time. However, I do get a nice glazing with the sauce this way without drying out the meat.

Pepperfreak said:
Oh and you can keep your cheap tiera, it looks better on you anyway. :D

:looks at the magic 8 ball and asks question:

"will THP soon be wearing the drama queen tiara?"

:shakes magic 8 ball and looks at the answer:

"It is imminent."

Nah. I may bring drama but I cook on the grill. Drama King maybe! Kitchen BBQers are Queens :lol:

Oven ribs... no heat mentioned... no alcohol... NNNOOOVVVAAA!

thehotpepper.com said:
Nah. I may bring drama but I cook on the grill. Drama King maybe! Kitchen BBQers are Queens :lol:

Oven ribs... no heat mentioned... no alcohol... NNNOOOVVVAAA!

I agree. Where's the meter? Noooooova!

You guys are right, no alcohol hence not in the Drunken Chef. As for the heat....thought that was a given, they were rubbed down with Garlic Powder, Black Powder and 7-Pod powder. They were spicy, but not so much so that everyone else couldn't eat them and enjoy them.

PF- I'd be more than happy to chow down on them oven-baked ribs!

PooPoo on the BOOOOs! Guess who should be un-invited to PepperFreak's dinner?

The ribs look yummy and bet they tasted awesome! Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. here in a touch cold country the oven is a handy tool and gets the job done. On the grill is fantastic but... oh well sounds like you enjoyed the ribs and that's all that matters.

Back