• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Awesome updates sir. I got no idea what that crazy moth is. My grow is underway i just gotta get motivated to snap some pics and start a glog. Ill get it done soon though.

Doesn't quite look like the adult form of the hornworm, unless it's an old one with tattered wings. In any case, you might want to check for eggs where it was sitting and keep an eye out for larva.
Sawyer, I hate them things ... last year I had the one pictured below lay eggs and I didn't find them. If I had not been paying attention, those dam worms would have eaten a whole plant. I took the picture below right before I stepped on it :D BTW these moths get huge, this one was almost as large as my hand :0
fn9q9i.jpg

As I go through your glog, I'm remembering last year through this part of the season. It's that part of the season that I'm trying to get going and you're pulling in some harvests. Those peppers look great! Love the pic of your dog and son.

Thanks Shane, Stefan, Britt, Ramon , Andy and all you other cool ass chiliheads that frequent my grow. I am blessed to have ya'll :party:

Finally got some time to clean up some of my plants. I have been neglecting the inground plants in the backyard and Tebow ate two plants yesterday. I will be makng a small fence soon before I plant my Birgits and maters back there. Tebow the terrible is a menace especially when it come to young vegitation. As long as he doesn't destroy my monster mystery annuum I will keep hm around ;)

Decide to tackle the 2 year old tepin. He looks bad and the soil he was in was nasty. Some amaxing thick roots on this bad boy.

IMG_4467_zps6cc36191.jpg

And looks happier in his new home and roots covered in mycorrhizae fungi:)

IMG_4469_zps2e5ee6ef.jpg

Another spiked aji lemon. Ate this one straight off the plant. seemed much hotter and tastier than it's sooth siblings :liar:

IMG_4451_zps821a774b.jpg

Yellow 7's love being photographed

IMG_4452_zps55116601.jpg

Brain all smooth looking. More like a scorp today

IMG_4453_zpsb80aa8f3.jpg

Look at the butt on this not Dougalh. Longest stinger I have ever grown. The stinger is longer than the pod :crazy:

IMG_4457_zps5f76ec90.jpg

Mystery pod

IMG_4446_zpsc18c872a.jpg

Nice choc bhut x yellow 7 pod . Love the color on these inmature pods

IMG_4448_zps4b7e7077.jpg

I am trying to hang with prodigal_son and not doing so well but here is a nice flower shot.

IMG_4455_zps2848a8ef.jpg

This next shoy is not for the faint at heart. Just sprayed the plants with bonide last week and it looks like the not white bhut got missed. This before the giant :flamethrower:

IMG_4459_zps029e6bda.jpg

I don't want to leave on this shot so can I get a bump a dumpo to post some purdy pics peeps

Those shots look almost just like Pr0d's :liar: ... :rofl:lol, I try to hang too, but there is no messing with the Master! Your shots look plenty good to me brother Jamie! ...I mean except for the nasty bug shot...they picked the right plant to hit. Flowers now open on one of the YC Scorps from your seed bro ham...hope they are true to their mama!

Decide to tackle the 2 year old tepin. He looks bad and the soil he was in was nasty. Some amaxing thick roots on this bad boy.

IMG_4467_zps6cc36191.jpg

Another spiked aji lemon. Ate this one straight off the plant. seemed much hotter and tastier than it's sooth siblings :liar:

IMG_4451_zps821a774b.jpg

Wow, the roots on that plant!!! Love the spiked aji. Just take the seed, grow, isolate, then you've got the "romy6 spiked aji". Then sell and make big $.

Love the flower shot Abroham. I'm just a poser with the cam but making an effort to learn! I think the two hobbies go hand in hand! I am going to speak for us all and say we are blessed to have you as a friend Jamie!

P.S. I just have a funny feeling those pests are going to get their asses handed to them. Soon!!!

Liking the pod and flower photos. The spiked Aji Lemon would look pretty cool in a glass with vodka on the rocks.

When you think you've seen it all, you probably hadn't. Thats pushing plant Psychology to the limits... Taking a plant on rugged bike ride to scare it back in shape.....why didn't I think of that........ :lol:

Another great update from the Florida gang...

"Bad Tebow, stay away from dem chilies" ;) have you tried pepper spray or perimeter pouring? Our dogs use to frolic & dig thru the peppers till I started pouring chili water around the grow (probably at around a one foot perimeter). I take all the damaged pods or too small for prime time, chop dem up and put in a gallon jug of water. Every now and then I pour perimeter of in grounds as they don’t mess with the potted ones. Worth a try if you haven’t already done so.
With our luck they’ll be pulling up a chair and enjoying fresh pods :D

Jamie, you’re pics are great … love dem all! I especially like love the shot and color on that chocolate bhut, awesome work mi north FL chili growing brethren \o/

Aight brotha Jamie...I'm gonna post a couple pics of your little mysteries...so the seeds I started are either a cross...or your plant is an unstable cross. I have two distinct phenotypes, and maybe more. was going to off load a couple but I think I will either keep them, or give them to a friend that will allow me to check progress. Here are the two largest and distinctly different plants...
8534383123_06cd916b86_h.jpg

8534385243_d7e053ddf3_h.jpg

you can see the one on the left has nodes much closer together and the the leaves are a bit smaller.

The other major difference is fuzziness...
8534383805_2f38b5f34e_h.jpg

Here is the plant on the Left...slightly fuzzy, but the other plant...

8534384481_f68aeabd97_h.jpg

Here is the one on the right, more like an elderly European Lady's legs (no offense meant! I don't mind 'em fuzzy!) ...so your mystery is now two mysteries...ahhh the plot thickens! Like the looks of both of them! Might be worth while on your part to try to isolate some blooms on it and grow out a tray full and see if it is in fact unstable...if so it is almost certainly a one of a kind belonging to Jamie...all right reserved!

I'll keep you posted!
Shane

Shane you are a chili growing machine. That is some cool as shit. I will be watching with open eyes and cannot wait to see waht kind of pods you get. I am totally in awe of your skills. I am not worthy to have you grow my offfspring.

Back