• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

annie57 said:
Ooo ooo--nice hanging in on those pubes, SweetJamie!! I'm growing--found the seed from Kevin--my Evil red Jonah are either from you and/or I planted Kev's seed as well (that sounds so . . . :rofl: ) never mind.

Lovely podding up! I had flowers on a yellow Jonah yesterday. Took them off b/c lows in 40's @ night from lows in 70's plus THE RAIN YOU SENT US!! How . . . fluvial of y'all! ;)

Never did get a choco-naga-brain seed :mope: . :rofl: Be well, baby doll; looks like that Lava shoulda been in throw-down! Thanks for all the pods you sent me last year Jamie, as between you, Kev, Jason, a LOT of folks, haven't had to buy a seed and if I get some nons, be fine with me. I mean, that's how we get crosses! Taco Tree sounds like a great name for the Tab x Naga cross.

I will send you some choco nagabrains soon. The ones on my plant look nasty .Mmaybe I will just send you a few pods  ;)  :dance:

romy6 said:

I will send you some choco nagabrains soon. The ones on my plant look nasty .Mmaybe I will just send you a few pods  ;)  :dance:

And I thank you, kind sir! My your/my PSerlanos eatin' up the rain. (Those danged Jonahs look as evil as named but it's not Satanic Sepia Serpent. (Still have flashbacks. :shocked: )

Didn't have heart to post pics of those poor droopy . . . but unless we get hammered with more rain this afternoon, aside from some cold temps and dropping flowers, will send you some maybe new ones as well! :twisted: :dance: Take care, SweetJamie ;)

annie57 said:

And I thank you, kind sir! My your/my PSerlanos eatin' up the rain. (Those danged Jonahs look as evil as named but it's not Satanic Sepia Serpent. (Still have flashbacks. :shocked: )

Didn't have heart to post pics of those poor droopy . . . but unless we get hammered with more rain this afternoon, aside from some cold temps and dropping flowers, will send you some maybe new ones as well! :twisted: :dance: Take care, SweetJamie ;)

your the best girl. Judging by your garden you will be overloaded with pods 

stickman said:
Alright Jamie! Those Pubes look ready to kick ass and take names... Good job! In fact, everything looks great, but I know you were looking forward to the Manzanos in partiular. ;)
Thanks Rick . You know how much I love those juicy , hot and tasty manzanos. 

Roguejim said:
Awesome plants, of course. I must admit, I was half hoping for a glimpse of a half eaten chuncho. You da man!!
Thanks Jumbo . The aji chuncho has stumbled a bit this week. Not sure what is up  :mope:

Crazy Ally was caught on the table . She must think she's a cat  :shh:

photo_zps181504b2.jpg

And a not so short vid. I should not drink before I do these vids. Several plants were called out incorrectly . But what the F . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxJf5Shd04o&list=UUj50MN2HMkx2wV8GOgopFbA

+1 on 246!

I see some nice greenery there, and poddage!

That fla. weather is way better than what we get here, just not enough moisture here.

I like the pic of your daughter, and the peace signs. My older G-kid (soon to be 13) is simply in love with them. I was around the first time they came out, along with bell bottoms. Dang showing my age ;)

Have a great weekend! And keep it green!

Nice, Jamie! Your pronunciation sounds just fine to me :party: . I too love the ALimon and really interested in the Datil cross with it, if that's what you said. Defcon does look . . . scary promising!! I didn't see any Madballlz, dude ;) . Thank you for video update, hon.

Scotty, did you have an American flag shirt? I did. My mother kept looking for it to burn it or something but I pointed out that'd be like burning the flag (she didn't think so) . . . thus, kept it in my basketball locker outta her reach. Glad to see younger gens wearing peace sign t-shirts which really makes us sage vanguards of trends? :rofl:

Jamison said:
I'm always amazed at what you put out in them containers!  What are you feeding them things?  I'm glad to hear you didn't get washed away in all that rain.  I always love your video updates man.  I see everything is going good on the homestead.  Have a good weekend buddy!

Thank you Jamie Son! Just feeding them good old Florida sunshine . It's the weather that makes them shine .

Devv said:
+1 on 246!

I see some nice greenery there, and poddage!

That fla. weather is way better than what we get here, just not enough moisture here.

I like the pic of your daughter, and the peace signs. My older G-kid (soon to be 13) is simply in love with them. I was around the first time they came out, along with bell bottoms. Dang showing my age ;)

Have a great weekend! And keep it green!
 Peace out Scotty :) The temps are definite helping my plants out for shiznit.

stickman said:
Nice vid Jamie... those Ajis are awesome! Keep up the good work!
Thanks Rick. But they are actually Birgits just called them Aji's. LOL

annie57 said:
Nice, Jamie! Your pronunciation sounds just fine to me :party: . I too love the ALimon and really interested in the Datil cross with it, if that's what you said. Defcon does look . . . scary promising!! I didn't see any Madballlz, dude ;) . Thank you for video update, hon.

Scotty, did you have an American flag shirt? I did. My mother kept looking for it to burn it or something but I pointed out that'd be like burning the flag (she didn't think so) . . . thus, kept it in my basketball locker outta her reach. Glad to see younger gens wearing peace sign t-shirts which really makes us sage vanguards of trends? :rofl:
 Yep no madballz . The plant died but I have a choco nagabrain that may rival it :)

maximumcapsicum said:
Love the vid man! I am having mixed luck with containers... just like last year... seems hard to keep away the root rot when they rain hits.
 TYVM Adam.

GA Growhead said:
Looking good Jamie! Like the video walk thru. That lava is still a beast!
Thanks Jason. Nothing like your badass grow but who's is :)

Some random pics !

Babies getting bigger

IMG_5264_zps5473cc13.jpg

Hard to gar a good shot of these Manzano flowers

IMG_5270_zps2a2b825c.jpg

Defcon 7

IMG_5260_zpsc7359c8a.jpg

choc nagabrain look nasty

photo_zps12ba7f98.jpg

Not Douglah
photo_zps63fef6e3.jpg

Not yaki blue

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/romy6/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps71e81301.jpg

IMG_5263_zps48583c28.jpg

Bloody Mondays are awful

IMG_5274_zps80478cf8.jpg

Great stuff, Jamie!  Your plants look like they are digging their space.

The aerogarden starts look great.

I like it, always having reinforcements in the wings.

AND some nice poddage working there!

Have a great week!

PaulG said:
Great stuff, Jamie!  Your plants look like they are digging their space.

The aerogarden starts look great.

Thanks Paul . U da man!

Jamison said:

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Devv said:
I like it, always having reinforcements in the wings.

AND some nice poddage working there!

Have a great week!

Thanks Scott . You never know when mother nature is gonna take another plant . So right you are  ;)

buddy said:
Beautiful!  Looks like a great start for 2014.  Loving the Nagabrain!

Thanks Terry . Many of these pods will be for yours truly . 

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
damn romy pods in like may!!

Well I am running behind compared to teh  last couple years D  :confused:

Penny said:
Awwww Tebow and Ally!!

I knew that would get your attention Penny 

Barley-pop57 said:
Just plain jealousy......  :cheers:     Great looking plants !!!!  Keep up the great work my friend !!!!

Thanks MIke I am sure you will get a sample kit . 

Defon 7 in the middle  . Did not try . I  will tonight maybe  :liar:

photo_zpsb715e2cc.jpg

Better pic of the nasty choconagabrain

photo_zps4cda177b.jpg

Back