• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

compmodder26 said:

Is that the Lava on right?  If so, how tall is it now?

B my man . That is the massive Lava . Not counting the pot he around 4 feet . Tall as me in the pot. Ans still growing :)

stickman said:
Choo-eey! Those OW plants are loaded man... looks like you've started off the season with a bang Jamie! Things are still pretty chilly here, but warming up slowly. The best part is the 3 days of gentle rain we're getting here. I finally set my Manzanos out this morning, and my early greens are almost all up... just waiting on warmer nights to plant the rest of the peppers and eggplants. Cheers!

Rickster my brotha . I always do really well this time of year. I know with peppers it's all about proper temps and humidity.  And of course more good bugs than bad. My manzano is finally putting out flowers and getting out of his funk . Yahoo . Thanks for checking in . 

RocketMan said:

It's simple Jamie, we'll add a Shade Cloth canopy to it, so you'll be able to put it on the side of the house where the big boys hang out and then you explain to her how it's not another thing to clutter up the house, it's to give her back her entry way cleared of all your starts :)

Friends, enabling each other to get away with sheeit for generations 

Well what are you waiting for come on down and get to work  ;)

Barley-pop57 said:
Nice pics !!!  RM has your back---it's worth a try.  Oh yea...dibbs on all 2nd pods (yea, right)....LOL.  I'm still trying to get my plants outside so feel free to keep teasing me with all the great pics brother.

Thanks Mike and you know a box of pods will be saved for you in due time . 

Devv said:
Glad to see those plants kickin' it Jamie!

Mild winters, rain (what's that), warm spring and your green thumb all make for a perfect grow!

You are way too kind Scotty . Muchas gracias !

PIC 1 said:
"Jamie and the Bean Stalk"......lol
Awesome poddage happening in Florida, you do have the magical touch with keeping the garden running a complete 360,...ah, I mean a year round 365........har

I don't have any Lava's or Defcons growing, but it looks cool to see what they actually look like...killa pods.

I dig that plate of food ! I'd rifle through that corn like an old style typewriter carriage
moving back and forth...... da truth

Thank you Greg. There a only a few months out of the year that I really enjoy growing peppers and this month happens to me one of them . All the hard work starts to pay off . And I too eat my corn like Bugs Bunny . Chaching  :dance:

Did my biweekly water and nutrient change in the aero. In now only takes me 3 minutes as before I took about 15 minutes. Live and learn

photo_zps9b78e343.jpg

Happy Friday

IMG_5259_zps27bc78eb.jpg

romy6 said:

B my man . That is the massive Lava . Not counting the pot he around 4 feet . Tall as me in the pot. Ans still growing :)

Rickster my brotha . I always do really well this time of year. I know with peppers it's all about proper temps and humidity.  And of course more good bugs than bad. My manzano is finally putting out flowers and getting out of his funk . Yahoo . Thanks for checking in . 

Well what are you waiting for come on down and get to work  ;)

Thanks Mike and you know a box of pods will be saved for you in due time . 

You are way too kind Scotty . Muchas gracias !

Thank you Greg. There a only a few months out of the year that I really enjoy growing peppers and this month happens to me one of them . All the hard work starts to pay off . And I too eat my corn like Bugs Bunny . Chaching  :dance:

Did my biweekly water and nutrient change in the aero. In now only takes me 3 minutes as before I took about 15 minutes. Live and learn

photo_zps9b78e343.jpg

Happy Friday

IMG_5259_zps27bc78eb.jpg
I take it that's pic before they got their treat, they have that look ;)

Just read your entire glog,everything looks great Romy.Did you do any topping or just let them grow and stake?I luv the branches on some of the plants.Tough week in part of your state(24 inches of rain)Did you get hammered?

Hey, Jamie!  Looking good in aeroville, my man!  
I need to get a pic of the Chili Costa Rica up that I'm
letting grow out in the aero.  These things are awesome!

Can you give me any info on the plants of yours I'm growing out?
Mainly interested in sun exposure and height.
Datil
Mystery cross
Brainstrain
Thanks in advance, brother!

jedisushi06 said:
Yeah my carmel mourga has a tiny pod on it that's that limey green color.  We shall see this summer if my lava is the same color too!

jedisushi06 said:
Yeah my carmel mourga has a tiny pod on it that's that limey green color.  We shall see this summer if my lava is the same color too!
Thanks Mikey . I will be watching

compmodder26 said:

That's just nuts!
Yes indeed !

Devv said:
I take it that's pic before they got their treat, they have that look ;)

You know It Scotty . Determined to get a treat . 

randyp said:
     Just read your entire glog,everything looks great Romy.Did you do any topping or just let them grow and stake?I luv the branches on some of the plants.Tough week in part of your state(24 inches of rain)Did you get hammered?

Well I am very humbled Randy . Thank you. I do not top my plants . All Natural for me baby . This year with the addition of my Aero it has really given me a leg up . I have always had trouble getting them thru the one foot mark( only starting plants outside )  . Now setting them out already in the grow mode it is like a hole nother game . We were very lucky and just got light rain  for 7 days straight but no flash flooding like up in Pensacola. Thanks for asking. 

PaulG said:
Hey, Jamie!  Looking good in aeroville, my man!  
I need to get a pic of the Chili Costa Rica up that I'm
letting grow out in the aero.  These things are awesome!

Can you give me any info on the plants of yours I'm growing out?
Mainly interested in sun exposure and height.
Datil
Mystery cross
Brainstrain
Thanks in advance, brother!

Very cool Paul . I will be watching your golog . 

As for the varieties I senta ya 

Datil - One plant that did not deal with pests well. I was always fighting aphids and mites . You would think coming from Florida it would have stronger genes . But grew well in the shade and when healthy grew to 6 feet with hundreds of tasty pods. Perfect blend of heat and flavor. 

Mystery Cross - What can I say about my Monster Annuum that has not already been shown . Super easy to maintain. requires very little nutrients, very resilient to  pest and disease , and grow great in shade or full sun. This is one plant you can just sit back and let it's impressive genes do the talking 

Brainstrain _ Original seeds came from Wayright who got them from the originator Cappy . Pure beast among beasts . Like most Chinese it is always hungry for more  NPK . Be prepared to pot up often with this guy . Loves full sun for up to 10 hours as as long as it isn't above 90 . Tons of the hottest , gnarliest pods I have ever grown. Don't forget to add lots of calcium too. 

Almost forgot to show off my Manzano . It was almost dead a month ago. Many coats of wettable sulfur and some bone meal and now look at her 

photo_zps42fafde6.jpg

Thanks a million, Jamie - this is very helpful!

I posted a pic of the aerogarden plant on my glog if
you haven't seen it already.

Nice save on the Manzano.  They are great peppers!

PaulG said:
Thanks a million, Jamie - this is very helpful!

I posted a pic of the aerogarden plant on my glog if
you haven't seen it already.

Nice save on the Manzano.  They are great peppers!
No problem brother man . Glad I could assist you but with your skills you really don't need any help from me . 

Couple pics from this week . Tons of poddage and plants are really greening up with the warmer weather \

Got the galap,rocopica, basil, and indigo mater out of the aero. They have handled the migration outside well so far . 

photo_zps7668b772.jpg

Found a nice package I thought I had lost from prodigal_son . Only had two seeds so thru them both in the aero 

photo_zps28ef02fc.jpg

Amazed to find this pod form in one day . Choco nagabrain via me , gary ( windchicken ) and todd ( tmudder ) and back to me . terrible pic 

photo_zps497451ae.jpg

Evil Jonah from Kevin ( wayright ) 

photo_zpse0d4d271.jpg

Some of my greenest plants and loaded with nasty pods 

photo_zps111efedf.jpg

Yaki Blue has a few small pods on it now . It does not look like a yaki though . 

photo_zps353ab28a.jpg

Have a great weekend all 

photo_zpsb40ab38c.jpg

Right on, Jamie.  You're on a roll, now.
Unlike our Portland Trailblazers.  0-2.  Ouch.

Jeff H said:
Looking good Jamie.

Yuuum. Tacos. Good thing it is about lunch time. I'm hungry now.

Thanks Jeff . 

jedisushi06 said:
Yummy tacos
Yes sir

Devv said:
Plants are looking as sweet as those tacos!
 Why thank you scotty

randyp said:
      Them taco's are perfect.Next year I want to grow a Taco Tree. :clap:

If you have extra seeds please don't forget about me :)

Not much going on other than the plants exploding with pods and growth  ;)

Only one pic cause momma needed to be entertained all weekend  :fireball:

Defcon 7 ripening up. Only pod on the plant for now 

photo_zps2c8b5c27.jpg

Glad to see the Florida sun is starting to kick your chiles into high gear brother Jamie. Nice save on the Manzano... I noticed when wintering it over that it was an aphid magnet, I guess the mites like it the same way. Excellent foodie pics too! Take care!

Pulpiteer said:
Only one pic, but what a great one!  I see you are plants are responding as usual, and you are well on your way to your tree sized pepper plants again.  Well done!

Thanks Andy . Sometimes it only takes one

stickman said:
Glad to see the Florida sun is starting to kick your chiles into high gear brother Jamie. Nice save on the Manzano... I noticed when wintering it over that it was an aphid magnet, I guess the mites like it the same way. Excellent foodie pics too! Take care!

Thanks Rick. I agree on the pubes . Everyone loves them especially the bugs  ;)

Couple pics from last night 

Speaking of Manzano it is looking better every day. Leaves are flattening and flowers everywhere 

photo_zpscc83aec5.jpg

This is my two year old not douglah . A very prolific plant . Pods this year are looking very bhut like  :crazy:

photo_zps63fef6e3.jpg

This is my little pepper girl. As you can see the Lava is now over 6 feet tall counting the pot 

photo_zpsc8b51a11.jpg

My not yaki blue is putting out pendant pods that look like a bhut as well  :crazy:

photo_zps71e81301.jpg

And last but not least a pic of my Ally Bear . She now weighs 30 pounds. She is a eating machine . Tebow better watch out

photo_zpsf0fcd24a.jpg

Barley-pop57 said:
Just checking in.....as usual up to par !!!  Great looking plants and food !!!

Thanks Mike . Just wait a few weeks and pods should be everywhere . 

Ooo ooo--nice hanging in on those pubes, SweetJamie!! I'm growing--found the seed from Kevin--my Evil red Jonah are either from you and/or I planted Kev's seed as well (that sounds so . . . :rofl: ) never mind.

Lovely podding up! I had flowers on a yellow Jonah yesterday. Took them off b/c lows in 40's @ night from lows in 70's plus THE RAIN YOU SENT US!! How . . . fluvial of y'all! ;)

Never did get a choco-naga-brain seed :mope: . :rofl: Be well, baby doll; looks like that Lava shoulda been in throw-down! Thanks for all the pods you sent me last year Jamie, as between you, Kev, Jason, a LOT of folks, haven't had to buy a seed and if I get some nons, be fine with me. I mean, that's how we get crosses! Taco Tree sounds like a great name for the Tab x Naga cross.

Back