• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

Trippa said:
Those aero plants are looking super healthy ROmy ..... and any harvest is a good harvest isn't it??

Thank you Tripp, And I agree be grateful for what you get . 

Penny said:
Nice looking plants and Tebow is so cute....cute he has a buddy!! :dance:

Thank you Penny. his friend is a 110 pound 1/2 mastiff 1/2 bulldog. He is sweet but has no idea how big he is :)

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
love the aero updates... you wont regret it my friend.. just check out the adapters.. for the lights...

Thank King. I am just getting my feet wet but will look into the adaptors eventually. 

Pulpiteer said:
It blows my mind that you are getting harvests.... I'm having trouble finding a place for the snow I shovel off the driveway.  I'm not jealous or anything, I mean, I'm just fine. Not jealous. Nope. Stupid snow.

Yeah Andy this his still been the worst winter for me in 4 or 5 years. Usually around this time my plants are greening up  and stacking on pods.

My not so weekly update !

Very small harvest but I am not complaining  :liar:

photo_zpsfe248740.jpg

Amazing how fast the roots are sucking up the water at this stage.  :crazy:

photo_zps145e86ff.jpg

And a tasty Jalapeno with some nice corking 

photo_zps8d64813a.jpg

My Aero .Time to move a few outside 

photo_zps4b129dd6.jpg

jedisushi06 said:
Gets those girls in some some soil already!
+1 on that Jamie! looking freakin' excellent! Nice foodies with the enchiladas too. I'm sure your money shots'll pick up soon... if you need consolation, just remember... it's gonna take at least another 3 months before I get where you are now... ;)

Yes!

This has been a brutal winter, worst I can remember in 36 years of life in Tejas. But! Things are fixin' to turn around, then we'll be needing cheese with our whine about the heat.

Glad Tebow is a friendly Pit, I feel most are unless bothered. I've had 3, and they were all sweet. Otis, AKA Odie, is a Pit/Bull mastiff cross. He's the sweetest dog I've ever met. Head like Tebows, can you say football wide? We have a mean Pit about 1/4 mile away, he and his Doberman buddy dug under our fence and attacked our 3 dogs. Otis held them off like a champ. Tebow will do anything to please, it's in their nature.

Super roots going on there!

jedisushi06 said:
Gets those girls in some some soil already!

I know I am slacking big time.

Pulpiteer said:
Them are some nice lookin roots ya got there!

Thank you Andy !

Jeff H said:
Aero garden looks good. Love all the roots. They look nice and healthy.

Yes jeff I love my Aero maybe too much  :shh:

stickman said:
+1 on that Jamie! looking freakin' excellent! Nice foodies with the enchiladas too. I'm sure your money shots'll pick up soon... if you need consolation, just remember... it's gonna take at least another 3 months before I get where you are now... ;)

I appreciate it Rick . I know I should not complain with the weather you northerners have been having  :rolleyes:

Devv said:
Yes!

This has been a brutal winter, worst I can remember in 36 years of life in Tejas. But! Things are fixin' to turn around, then we'll be needing cheese with our whine about the heat.

Glad Tebow is a friendly Pit, I feel most are unless bothered. I've had 3, and they were all sweet. Otis, AKA Odie, is a Pit/Bull mastiff cross. He's the sweetest dog I've ever met. Head like Tebows, can you say football wide? We have a mean Pit about 1/4 mile away, he and his Doberman buddy dug under our fence and attacked our 3 dogs. Otis held them off like a champ. Tebow will do anything to please, it's in their nature.

Super roots going on there!

Hey Scotty, I was reading in your glog about the two dogs attacking your Otis. Glad he is one tough puppy :party:  . My Tebow has been known to be scared of little chihuahuas :) All looks no bite like you said . Thank you. 

And a awesome package from my brother meatfreak AKA Stefan . Thank you sir 

photo_zps0bd69cb0.jpg

Jamie,

I'm sure if Tebow is in a situation where he needs to use the tools God gave him at birth, that he will. Pits are super loyal, territorial, and protective. I hope he never needs to use what he has.

Nice score on the seeds from Stefan!

Jamie, it's looking good up north there, looks like you survived the cold weather in fine style, hopefully no one froze but I know how it can be way up north there like you are  :rofl:

Ok, I couldn't keep a straight face any longer :)

Give Tebow a scratch and a "Good Boy" for me. Nice little harvest and yeah, love the corking on the Jalapeno. I have 2 types of Jalapenos started this year. Which reminds me I need to see if I still have any Jalabanero seeds left. 

Oh, and your sauces is safely set aside till you can make it down ;)

jedisushi06 said:
Glad you liked the first prototype of afterburner! Afterburner 2 is coming out real soon.
 Cannot wait to try it Mikey 

Sm1nts2escape said:
Apple smoked Chipotle! Dang I'm jealous now lol.
. It is some amazing stuff . Thank you

Devv said:
Jamie,

I'm sure if Tebow is in a situation where he needs to use the tools God gave him at birth, that he will. Pits are super loyal, territorial, and protective. I hope he never needs to use what he has.

Nice score on the seeds from Stefan!

Thanks Scott. Stefan is super generous. 

Barley-pop57 said:
Looking good !!!!  Keep up the good work !!!!!
 Thank you Mike. I shall try :)

Penny said:
Great updates....nice plants and pods, and surprise package, and no pics of Tebow....come on ;)

Thank you Penny. I will try to get Tebow more involved in my grow  :party:

RocketMan said:
Jamie, it's looking good up north there, looks like you survived the cold weather in fine style, hopefully no one froze but I know how it can be way up north there like you are  :rofl:

Ok, I couldn't keep a straight face any longer :)

Give Tebow a scratch and a "Good Boy" for me. Nice little harvest and yeah, love the corking on the Jalapeno. I have 2 types of Jalapenos started this year. Which reminds me I need to see if I still have any Jalabanero seeds left. 

Oh, and your sauces is safely set aside till you can make it down ;)

The cold has set my plants back but nothing a little Florida sunshine cannot remedy Bill. I have plenty of Jal seeds just let me know and I will bring ya some. Tebow said hello  :dance:

Been at the Daytona speedweek for the last 5 days but did manage to do a little gardening before I left. The 7 pot lava, choc naga x brain and defcon 7 were all in need of some dirt. So I pulled them from the aero and did just that . 

photo_zps05989131.jpg

Added some of this to the soil 

photo_zpsd377cb4b.jpg

Mixed it up with my compost soil blend 

photo_zps37a3dcde.jpg

Have a great week all

photo_zpsc61b055a.jpg

Ha! Still can't get over you using lights!!! Lol...you picked the right winter to pick up that hobby for sure. You guys have all been hit with a tough one this winter. Funny that although everyone else is having record cold, we're having the mildest winter we've had since I moved out here in 2006???  I have almost bit that Aero bullet several times...and you guys keep nudging me closer. I think it would be a nice addition to my barracks room!!!

stc3248 said:
Ha! Still can't get over you using lights!!! Lol...you picked the right winter to pick up that hobby for sure. You guys have all been hit with a tough one this winter. Funny that although everyone else is having record cold, we're having the mildest winter we've had since I moved out here in 2006???  I have almost bit that Aero bullet several times...and you guys keep nudging me closer. I think it would be a nice addition to my barracks room!!!

Yes sir I am wishing I had bought an Aero many moons ago. It is a pepper pumping machine. Watch out. Just moved to more guys out of the paternity ward and straight into the real world  ;)

photo_zpsd8813038.jpg

Borg9 and Yaki Blue . Even had the Kyle Busch pot them up for me 

photo_zps20629dbc.jpg

Had my first wild in the aero ( True Cumari from Judy ) sprout after 60 days .  :party:

photo_zpsca37daef.jpg

Had a tiny harvest 

photo_zpsd601c75f.jpg

And ate a few 

photo_zps1a3b1023.jpg

And started a few more in the Aero  :fireball:  Rocopica, Flexousum  and galapogoense via prodigal_son ,douglah X choc bhut via gunslinger , mustard bhut via meatfreak. 

See ya in a few weeks. Life is calling back  ;)

Back