vendor Sadistic Pepper Company

Just received a SRFB packed full of Trinidad Moruga Scorps. My hot sauce had run out a few days ago, so it was like an early Christmas. I prepped my soon-to-be incinerated insides with unadulterated heavy creams, bracing for the impending apocalypse. I rinsed and ate a half of one to get things started, and make no mistake, these are the real deal. I soon processed the rest into puree for long term keeping.

Pros: It's a box full of some of the world's hottest pepper pods (that are fresh) for under $20. The price is great for your return, especially if your applications for their use include a way to preserve them for awhile. The quantity was generous. I'm pleased, do recommend, and would repeat.

Cons: They were a bit small for Morugas (more the size of traditional TS). The Morugas are frequently compared to "golf balls" and noted for their size. But the quantity of over 30 (30 in a small box!) easily made up for it. Also, since these were the last of his reds, I'm sure that played a factor. This is nit-picking, but these were slightly a bit on the semi-dry side, but from our correspondence, it sounded like he harvested these last few TSM reds before I contacted him, so that's likely a reason. It didn't detract from flavor or heat.

Flavor: Characteristic Scorpion taste. Less fruity or floral than it is savory and distinct. Some call this flavor "fragrant." These are mostly all qualitative, subjective terms, though. What's important is that you know you're getting Scorpion DNA, and that was here in spades.

Heat Profile: These pack all the blistering mind-numbing heat you expect from a super-hot. Half a pod made me go to my happy place to escape the reality of the moment. Better still, the processed puree could strip paint (the boiling leaves a ring of concentrate around the pot. This stuff is unmistakably bright red, and if you eat it, you need to think about leaving a will.) These weren't the testing-grade 2 Mill SHU of Guinness and Chile Institute fame, but they felt like a mean average of 1.5, which is more than enough to get the job done.

Here's a picture chronology of yesterday's events:

b_IMG_1260_zps4aa2df51.jpg

b_IMG_1254_zpsc3b04d4b.jpg

b_IMG_1251_zpsdf1552ce.jpg

b_20140905_213009_zps037cc521.jpg

b_20140905_220345_zpsaa2f4934.jpg

b_IMG_1273_zps4720ff9e.jpg

Thanks for the awesomely detailed review and pictures! I really appreciate the honesty as well :)

I just found the THP site earlier this week (Tuesday I think?).  Before I even joined the community (and what a friendly community it is!) I clicked on Marketplace and saw ElCap's listings for TS Morugas and something he calls Pele's Revenge mixed pepper powder.  Good thing that was my first stop on THP because both sales were scheduled to end in about 15 minutes.   I ordered one box TSM and 2 ozs. of the powder which was all he had left.   They just showed up in the mail today and I've already tried both.     

Like I said I bought the last of the powder ElCap had in stock, but if he makes another batch, beware!   This stuff is extremely potent.  Right after the package arrived I made a version of yum woon sen using half a moruga for a one person serving and that was right in my sweet spot for heat but by no means approaching too hot for me.  I've been living off chain grocery store peppers for the better part of the last few years and it's SOOOO nice to get the good stuff again.   I almost forgot what a  really good, really hot pepper tastes like.   Ahhhhhhhyuuummmmm!   And then when I was about half done I got the bright idea to jazz it up a bit more with a little powder.   I added just a tiny little pinch, and after that it took a while--including an ice cream break --before I could finish the last few bites.  Yeah, I think this 2 oz. bag is gonna last me a while. 

All in all I couldn't be happier with the experience.  Good quality product, speedy delivery, ElCap let me know when they were on the way, AND he tossed in a few bags of seeds gratis, somehow picking the strains I was already thinking about ordering but hadn't mentioned to him or anyone else including some choc moruga and white 7 pot.  

Thanks ElCap, I'm sure we'll be doing business again.  

Thanks for the awesome review, and glad you enjoy all the stuff :)

My friend Paul here sent me a box of Trinidad moruga scorp yellows last week.  Somehow I flipped a digit in the mailing address but none the less he was fast to resolve the issue.  Very great person to work with.

Now on to the product.  This is my first super hot beond a home grown hab.  Very hot, really fast.  Honestly the pain and high following weren't as intense as expected.  Fruity flavor that lasts a good minute or more then follows with a odd flavor, this might be normal.  Finishes with a good stomach warmth (cooled with milk but noticed for a long while).  pleasant flavor noticed each burp for hours after.

All in all.  I would def work with Paul again.

You're very welcome, sir. It was a pleasure working with you as well :)

Peppers came in a timely manner. Great customer service!!! I wasnt able to purchase the box until later in the afternoon and Paul reserved a box for me!!! Totally made my day now I can get crackin on some christmas presents with some fresh peppers!!!

Thanks Again!!

10/10 will purchase again!

You're very welcome, sir, and it was a pleasure doing business with you as well!

Excellent! Glad the seeds came, and I hope they grow into strong and large plants :)

Heck with the seeds, order his pods!!!! Wish I could figure out how to post a pic on here but I received a box this morning and they were ALL excellent looking. Great phenotypes, perfect coloring - you knew what you were getting. Yellow Moruga, Chocolate Moruga, Chocolate Bhut, 7 Pot Jonah, a few bhut x moruga f1s, Red Moruga...That f1 cross is a fantastic pepper! Looks like a Red Bhut with Moruga-type heat. I'll be buying as long as he's producing.

Pleasure doing business with you as well, mein! Glad you've enjoyed the pods thus far!

You're welcome man, Enjoy the heat!

Thanks, Sirex, it sure is :) They love that South Florida sun!

Back