• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

shopping Safe place to order Mexican cheeses from?

As the topic states, Whats the best and safest place I can order Mexican cheeses, spices, meats, from the net I should say?

PhatManDerek said:
As the topic states, Whats the best and safest place I can order Mexican cheeses, spices, meats, from the net I should say?

if you you are ever in Waterford,MI... there is a mexican market/cantina about a 1/4 mile from the intersection of Dixie Hwy and Telegraph... they are a great place to shop and eat for anything authentic mexican..

i know its not close to you but if you are ever there be sure to check it out.. i stop there everytime i drive by and occasionally drove from Flint to just get Al Pastor meat and cheeses.

Does it need to be from the net? I know here in knoxville tn there are many mexican markets and even walmart carries certain ones in their specialty section...

BamsBBQ said:
if you you are ever in Waterford,MI... there is a mexican market/cantina about a 1/4 mile from the intersection of Dixie Hwy and Telegraph... they are a great place to shop and eat for anything authentic mexican..

i know its not close to you but if you are ever there be sure to check it out.. i stop there everytime i drive by and occasionally drove from Flint to just get Al Pastor meat and cheeses.
Well I will be in grand rapids in May for a family vacation with the folks and I might be able to swing around that way!

millworkman said:
Does it need to be from the net? I know here in knoxville tn there are many mexican markets and even walmart carries certain ones in their specialty section...
Well no it doesn't have to be from the net but how authentic would it be coming from walmarts?

texas blues said:
Define Mexican "meats".

Cheers, TB.
I don't like cherizo and spicy meats.

LOL, well you can get pork at your local market or butcher, and cheese too. My market has the Mexican varieties.

maybe start with a few proper mexican recipes and work that way ie if it requires a certain cut of meat can this be attained from local butcher, cheese? can it be got at the local deli or market.
If you have al local Mex restuarant you like befriend the owner hit them up they might be able to help.
I would think it shouldn't be too hard to chase good product down.

Back