labels Sam&Oliver sauce company - sample label, bottle render soon

Previously on TheHotPepper.com

photo-thumb-7830.jpg
 "Should I just start over?" 
photo-thumb-2.jpg
 "There has to be a point where you stop taking advice and roll with what you like."

photo-thumb-7830.jpg
 "It's the pride of trying to do everything yourself..."

photo-5768.jpg

"...if you have a vision you want to achieve, hiring an artist can be a great way to go..."

--------------------- 8< *snip*

So here's the product design that the marketing firm and I settled on after discussing our company vision and direction.  Aside from minor edits (I see a few even now) I wanted a product packaging that would appeal to a broad general population audience from young to mature, with a bold look that could be easily identified and used by back-yard-grillers to sandwich shops to restaurant tables without losing it's charm.

Sam&Oliver is committed to only using the best wholesome ingredients to create healthy and fun condiments for anyone who wants to enjoy them with their food creations, and as such the packaging should also reflect this ideal with a clean label.

Sample Label:

samandoliverlabel-v42_zpsd4a97b34.png

Bottle Render by the design firm:  Finished product will use black caps and a black tamper-evident shrink band:

(coming soon)

Here's the Brand:

snologo_zps70090023.png

and

snologo2_zpscee79993.png

Colors used for the logo:

snocolors_zps9f4a3443.png

So that's what I've been doing for the last few weeks.  Once this is finalized I can start my Kickstarter, and then look into production, then product liability insurance and trying to figure out how to actually sell and/or ship the stuff for a fair price.

"provides exceptional taste and flavor notes in all your cooking creations" 

This reads oddly to me.  

"provides exceptional flavor notes" or "provides exceptional taste" - I'm not sure what the difference is, so to me it sounds extraneous. I prefer the former, "flavor notes"

Also the end bothers me - "in all your cooking creations" seems like it should be "in all of your cooking creations" 

all your sauce belong to us....just bad engrish. :cheers: 

Well. Next time around i guess, I finalized it and paid the invoice so it's now locked in :)

I'll have to pay to revise them when i get the registered trademark (R) done, so i will make any more tweaks then.

I feel like we need a group hug. I want to thank you guys so much. Seriously. Bottles of sauce for all of you in gratitude.

So now I need to move onto the next step... Production!
Oh, and when i finally make it to some shows... Drinks are on me!

sigh
:(

lol - good luck and congrats. IMO until it goes to print you still have time to change copy. copy is easy - it's not even a graphic thing. They probably won't even charge you for it. 

People judge quality by what they see - often that's the writing on the outside of the package. My $.02

Go with it, but do the smallest production run financially feasible. 

The printer I work with, it's about $200 for a run of 500 ( I do all the graphics and send them finished copy)  From there, it's about $25 per 500.  $200/500, $225/1000, $275/3000....The economy of scale is big for printers.  Once they have the machine set up, they can run it all day long!  But.....I don't want to be stuck with 10K labels for the first run when I know there will be changes.....

Usually I'll go with a smaller run knowing that things will be updating.   I'd suggest going for a couple thousand to start with.  Get the sauce out there to the customers and start getting real world feed back.  Find out what needs changing and then do another label run. 

Even for the salsa, which I've had basically the same label for almost 20 years...regulations change.  More things need to be called out on the labels now than 10 years ago.  I've had to change how the ingredients are worded, even though it's the same recipe.  Contact information has changed over the years, and differs by agency.  :banghead:

That's your bottle run, not your label run.  I was talking about how many labels to order.  Looks like you need 2K for labels to cover your first production run.  Get through that and then re-evaluate if/what changes may be needed. 

If, after the first 1800, everything is synced up and happy, then pop for the 10k label run. 

Back