sampling seriously hot peppers every Monday in Lakeland

I would love to come to FL, but can't.  I would be embarrased also, a lot of those are above my heat scale for anything but a nibble.  The white devil's tongue and cgn21500 I think I could manage, maybe.  Good luck.  

Ain't nothing to be embarrassed about!

He said they were sampling pods not poppin em whole!!!

Seriously though. I don't eat whole pods. I like to enjoy my heat. Sure at work when we are trying something new I will ramp it up occasionally :)

But dont be embarassed. If you like heat you like heat. Don't torture yourself- if you dont want to!!!

You would do fine. We only try pieces big enough to taste well, but not so big that the hottest ones aren't overpowering. Now, that doesn't mean we might not get our faces burnt up from time to time, but in a way that is part of the fun. :-) I usually try a piece first and size the pieces accordingly to what someone should be able to take. I'm thinking those white devils tounges and the hot paper lanterns are going to be a little weak, so we will start with those first and work up. I'm going to try and estimate how hot they are from the looks of them, and go up to the hottest, if anyone wants to go 11 levels in one night. Looks like the Infinity and then the Kraken look the hottest. I'm interested to see how hot the nagabrains are. Tom

Yep, those paper lanterns and devils tongues are relatively mild.  I can handle those pretty well.  My mouth can typically handle more than my stomach.  I usually try a bit like you are doing of a lot of them or at least a chew up and spit out.  My stomach is my weakest link.   Worst mistake I made this year was assuming a scorpanero would be somewhere between a scorpion and a habanero.  I bit bottom half of a small pod up and gave it a good test.  I don't know if this plant is true or a cross, but I have tried lots of 7 pots, reapers, all kinds of stuff and this was up with any of them.  I can usually power through most mouth pain but the was second time ever I went for the milk.  Good luck, I think the worst will most likely be the Krakens.  The naga x congo chocolate is a total unknown I think, might be crazy or might be mild, who knows but I would think it should have some kick.

Just in case you didn't see Justin's list, here is what we will be trying out tomorrow night:

Naga x Congo Chocolate,
Devil's Horn,
7 Pot Congo Chocolate Gigantic SR
White Devil's Tongue,
CGN21500,
Kraken Scorpion,
7 Pot Infinity
Hot Paper Lantern,
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise,
King Naga Orange
Nagabrains

Keep in mind, all the seeds we pull out of these peppers are up for grabs as we open each one. Not only do you get to try new peppers, but walk away with seeds from the ones you liked the most. That has to be worth the trip if your close at all. I get there just after 8. See you there, Tom

Back