• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SANARDA'S GLOG UPDATE 9/8/2013

Here is the list so far:

7 pot Jonah (Mgold/Matt pod)
7 pot mystery (Mgold/Matt pod)
7 pot Red (Jamie/Romy pod)
7 pot yellow (Mgold/Matt pod)
Aji Lemon (Romy pod)
Assam (Mgold/Matt pod)
Barrackpore (Pepperlover)
Bhut Giant Red (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Peach (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Chocolate (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Hybrid (Jamie/Romy pod)
Brain Strain Yellow (DVFSTR/Dave pod)
ButchT (Dvfstr/Dave pod) and Mgold's (Pod)
CARDI Scorp Yellow (Jamie/Romy pod)
Choc Hab (PaulG pod) (Romy) (Matt/Mgold)
Datil (Jamie/Romy pod)
Dorset Naga (Jamie/Romy)
Douglah Red (Dfstr/Dave pod)
Douglah Hybrid (Jamie/Romy Pod)
Fatalli x Red Savina (Matt/Mgold pod)
Goats Weed (PaulG pod)
Habanero BLK (Matt/Mgold pod)
Moruga Red (Matt/Mgold pod)
Naga Morich (Matt/Mgold pod)(DVFSTR/Dave pod) (Paul G I think)
Suave Red (NMSU) two seeds
Trinidad Scorp Yellow (Matt/Mgold pod)
Trinidad Perfume (Matt/Mgold pod)
Uba Tuba (NMSU) I only have two seeds
Zavory (Burpee) Two seeds

Seeds yet to purchase:

7 pot infinity
7 pot Primo
7 pot Brown
Barbados
Black Cayman
Black Naga
Black Stinger
Cleo's Dragon
Fish
Malaysian Goronong
Moruga Scorp Yellow
Naga Viper
Red Savina
Safi Red
West Indian Red

Wish list:
Billy Boy Douglah
Sepia Serpent

Awesome progress, Pia.  You've got some really interesting crosses and mysteries in that video, and I really like that black naga pod pictured above.

Yes, "Work that clay" is the name of the game -organic matter year after year. Put some oats on it for the winter after the peppers are done and you get a bonus. I put sand in my clay, but you may already have enough in yours. 

The Fat. x  R Savina red looks very interesting. let us know how the taste compares with the yellow one.

I wanna try a manzano and a rocoto next year.-those 2 and about 40 others ;)

My few Black nagas are pointy type on one plant, but I'm gonna check the others for  that rounder form.

Good work, Pia

Sawyer said:
Awesome progress, Pia.  You've got some really interesting crosses and mysteries in that video, and I really like that black naga pod pictured above.
Thanks Sawyer. Many of those crosses were from Meatfreak and Spicegeist. The yellow Bhut x Red Savina came from pods that Matt MGOLD sent me last year I believe.

JJJessee said:
Yes, "Work that clay" is the name of the game -organic matter year after year. Put some oats on it for the winter after the peppers are done and you get a bonus. I put sand in my clay, but you may already have enough in yours. 

The Fat. x  R Savina red looks very interesting. let us know how the taste compares with the yellow one.

I wanna try a manzano and a rocoto next year.-those 2 and about 40 others ;)

My few Black nagas are pointy type on one plant, but I'm gonna check the others for  that rounder form.

Good work, Pia
Thanks JJJ. The yellow one was not as hot and had a slightly sweeter taste. Plus the skin was thicker on it. The first pod with the nice stinger tasted better as it had a more Bhut taste (I think). I have never eaten a red Savina but if I had to guess the yellow pod probably tasted more like the Savina. Almost a green taste but sweet.
Bodeen said:
You're getting pods and that's always good.
You are so right my good man!!!!

stc3248 said:
Hmmm...interesting pod. Looks to be something between a Red Lantern and a 7 Pot Congo. Could be one of the many crazy crosses from SG???

HMMM Could be, but I looked back at my grow list and I saw that I did sow giant bhuts from Matt.  I wonder if Matt's looked like these.

Looks too smooth to be pure bhut to me...but it's an early pod. May have to wait and see what the rest look like!!! Bhuts have a pretty distinctive taste and smell. Pungent and kinda musky...

stc3248 said:
Looks too smooth to be pure bhut to me...but it's an early pod. May have to wait and see what the rest look like!!! Bhuts have a pretty distinctive taste and smell. Pungent and kinda musky...
It really does taste and smell like a Bhut I just wonder what the cross is.  It was very tasty

First ripe 7 pot Savannah

null_zpsebd65646.jpg

null_zpsf8aca579.jpg

Sanarda said:
First ripe 7 pot Savannah

null_zpsebd65646.jpg

null_zpsf8aca579.jpg

WalkGood said:
A thing of beauty ... oh and the pod too :)

Devv said:
Very nice Pia!

And it's got a baby pod in there too!

GA Growhead said:
A pod in a pod!

That happens . . . I think . . . aliens, of course! How'd it did taste, Pia! And I surely should've paid more attention to the Black Naga!! :dance: :party: What does it taste like? Am growing red fatalii this year and I can believe it's a cross as stated in this post. Some of mine started going to yellow then changed minds! Mine are much hotter than yellow. Okay, back to that Black Naga . . . ;)

Devv said:
Very nice Pia!

And it's got a baby pod in there too!
I didn't even notice that. Wowwww
annie57 said:
That happens . . . I think . . . aliens, of course! How'd it did taste, Pia! And I surely should've paid more attention to the Black Naga!! :dance: :party: What does it taste like? Am growing red fatalii this year and I can believe it's a cross as stated in this post. Some of mine started going to yellow then changed minds! Mine are much hotter than yellow. Okay, back to that Black Naga . . . ;)
Hi Annie my darling. The pods are starting to ripen. Going to do a video soon. I want to sen you more than one pod so hopefully I can get a couple to ripen at the same time. I ate the Savannah in a bowl of chicken and dumplings so I'm not sure about the taste. I only ate half so I will try a sliver and let you know. I can tell you that half a pod fired up a small pot of chicken and dumplings.
WalkGood said:
A thing of beauty ... oh and the pod too :)
Thank you kindly my friend

UPDATE TIMEEEEEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-arVUAhfg&feature=share&list=UUIWK5tvn08_tbEAb3C-G99g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFVG1D5pXLs&feature=share&list=UUIWK5tvn08_tbEAb3C-G99g

Sanarda said:
Mystery pepper!  Any guesses?  Its super hot tastes and smells like a bhut but I didnt sow any Bhuts this season?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am growing something very similar. It was marked "death Bhut" from Sean (MegaSpokaneman)

Durham Bull said:

Mystery pepper!  Any guesses?  Its super hot tastes and smells like a bhut but I didnt sow any Bhuts this season?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am growing something very similar. It was marked "death Bhut" from Sean (MegaSpokaneman)

That does look  very similar.  WOOWWW!

Um....you are going to have your work cut out!

You have some picking to do!

Congrats on all the color you're getting there!

Can't wait for your next update :party:

Sanarda said:
UPDATE TIMEEEEEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-arVUAhfg&feature=share&list=UUIWK5tvn08_tbEAb3C-G99g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFVG1D5pXLs&feature=share&list=UUIWK5tvn08_tbEAb3C-G99g

Okay, I saw the peppers, they might be the Yellow Bhut x Primo I sent you... not sure though...

Back