• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food Sandwich of the Month

So I'll make it official y'all.

I declare that SOTM April ~ Grilled Cheese Style!

I used the word style in the header as its less restrictive of simply cheese and bread and opens up so many variations.

THP has long touted that Croque Monsieur is one of his favorites and rightly so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croque-monsieur

So now whatchy'all got?

Black Forest ham and brie on Texas Toast?

Havarti Fontina and beefsteak tomatos on sourdough?

Or maybe simply Cheeze Whiz on toasted white bread.

Its all good.

And who don't love grilled cheese?

That'd be un-'merican dontcha' know.

Posty up y'all cheesy hotnessessess!

Oh my. While i still don't get poboy stuff, grilled cheese is epicness at its finest!
I want to see something massive here!
Btw my last sandwich here for sausage was not bad for grilled cheese component too!:D

We just got a fancy-dancy 12K super oven at work that turns coal into unicorn farts in 3 minutes.  I am gonna try making an entry for this thread in it this week.  Stay tuned for pics.

basically another melt month/ i can get in on this.

ill grill this shiz nickle
7056f2b032c87cea9a4f223b3a6c1632.jpg

Lots of yimmer yammer, posty the melty.

how good does that look?

tumblr_lmhttysC1p1qcjr06o1_500-1.gif

no more yimmer. im coming hard this month.

ill ask ladysic to go into town tomorrow and grab supplies

Loading-coal-680p.gif

i had to save cold cuts and now ill save grilled cheese.

dK4KG1J.gif

That could be my april fool day joke. I've just eaten it (+8 hours to US here). Good breakfast for sleep...

Main ingredient: grana padano crust
Of course borders are grated away. It has a distinctive flavour.
iz3JCChOjzDMW.jpg

I've cooked it a bit in microwave:
imypG4jjPRYJT.jpg

Some parts have a nice consistency, others, well, i should have cooked this more because was very hard...

Btw pressed, added a Kraft single, some masdam, some random cheese i picked up at market as leftover (hey, it was sold at 4€/kg), some gorgonzola. And powder.

ibnNZbiEHuWpWM.jpg

That's fine for quick fix and crappy spicy food thread too...

No more jokes, time to get serious!
Tonight grilled meat at a friend's home... What a better chance?

iiyz2zSghcPJU.JPG

Salsiccia, salamella, cevapcici, chicken, some random pods, Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, bacon strips. You don't see, but there were polenta too (cannot imagine things like that without).
And cheese... Dobbiaco and something very similar to tosella. Ciabatta as bread (not good as ciabatta of store near my home, and by far, but it's a ciabatta!).

Quick little marinade of bacon in JD BBQ sauce and some random spices:
ibe0yDI2KZ3xix.JPG

On fire!!!
iWY12TXNAIDY.JPG

Round 1
ibfZ3gRYYz68gD.JPG

Salsiccie, salamella, chicken, and a pod for test. Nope, i prefer pods fresh and uncooked.

Bread:
iiNZBOQNoNrW9.JPG

Round 2:
i198RvSDUD0pE.JPG

Cevapcici, bacon strips. cheese!

And now the thing:
ibdZdIBxiurv4b.JPG

ibvBRGE2cwqs94.JPG

JD BBQ sauce, 5 pods, 2 slices of tosella like, 1 of dobbiaco, 2 sausages, 2 slices of bacon.
The only fault is that i could have used both dobbiaco slices...

Elegance test failed, ignorance test passed! :twisted:

I've said it, and I'll say it again...
THP is a better place because of Essegi!!! 
We need more people like him!

Holy Shit!!!!!

Essegi's is not a sandwich, it's a MOUNTAIN! I want to see the pics of you taking a bite of that beautimeous thing. I'm sure a mess ensued - and one sandwich coma followed!

Sum, that's more my speed - if we split it and throw an egg in there. ;)  Looks yummy!

I am most impressed by how he uses that awesome oven to cook everything, and how much work went into a single sandwich!!

Sum, I would love to hit yours a couple times too.  SoFlo still rocks.

JayT said:
I am most impressed by how he uses that awesome oven to cook everything...

He doesn't, if I read it correctly - he said he grilled at a friend's home, which I take to mean the friend has that awesome oven. Regardless, it's cool that he gets to use it. You could make such a thing, easy peasy.

Back