• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Zippy said:
So that is how you make liver edible! I learn so much from the cooking threads.

I can't stand liver.

I hate it like the devil.

Why just the other day my dear sweet ma.

Suggested we go visit my sister in Corpus Christi.

And go have lunch at Luby's for liver and onions.

I told her thats a big fat nope.

However.

Liverwurst with onions and mustard on a sammich ain't that bad.

One of the oldest pubs in NY, McSorley's, has liverwurst and onions and they have a little jar of their hot mustard on the side. It's not a spicy brown it's like a really hot dijon or chinese mustard. Like, really hot, nasal burn mustard. It's sooooooooo good on the liverwurst and onions sammie.

Liverwurst was a standard when I grew up, Goose version came out on Holidays. The Mustard we used was Dusseldorf Mustard, was Hot, but here in Ca the heat is turned down for "Canadian Taste", I emailed them long time ago asking why its week here :(

Leftover ribeye with horseradish havarti cheese and harissa sauce.

image.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
One of the oldest pubs in NY, McSorley's, has liverwurst and onions and they have a little jar of their hot mustard on the side. It's not a spicy brown it's like a really hot dijon or chinese mustard. Like, really hot, nasal burn mustard. It's sooooooooo good on the liverwurst and onions sammie.

Thats da kine I can eat.

Onions and hot mustard.

Not necessarily to bury the liver flavor.

But take the edge off so its not so livery.

I believe most commercial liverwursts here in the states use pig livers mixed with other pork.

Back