sauce review, "Brain Strain hot sauce"

I really enjoyed this review by Nagacanario. It was more of a review for the chilihead rather than a review for just anyone. I also like the fact that he compared it to Melinda's because I am very familiar with the heat and level of heat from that sauce. Sounds like a great sauce PRF. Leaning towards a puree with it's thickness. I might just have to get a hold of a bottle. I've never had a 7 pod before nor a brainstrain. I think it's about time I did. Again great review Naga +1

Looks good. When i get mine, i might make mine thinner and pack it into a 5oz woozies so i can add it to pizzas and stuff :D

@PepperJam your bottle is on the way use it a few times and let the air bubble get below the neckline of the bottle and it pours easy.

@Debo, Thank you Ryan close to eating a raw fresh 7 Pod in the wintertime. Insane in the BrAiN sTrAiN.

@3/5king I hope you get a bottle or two and give a review would like to hear from someone new to the 7 Pod heat.

Thank you Ed! You are like the "most interesting man in the World" of hot sauce because you can kill two stones with one bird. Stay thirsty my friends.

I think Pepperjam means that it is good enough to dilute!
Personally love it. :)

Yea, exactly! Its like brain strain concentrate. I can dilute it to make it like a tabasco-like consistency, or even use it as a base to a hot sauce. The possibilities are endless! I'm thinking Pineapple Mango Brain Strain hot sauce .... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just got mine today. Wohooooo. Smells awesome, reminds me of the days when deseeding my superhots, that awesome superhot fruity smell. Took a tiny amount and tasted great, you can tell the flavors have developed during the fermentation. The top of my head was tingling and started to sweat a little. My toungue started to burn, and i think i got a endorphin rush from that tiny bite. Definately will recommend it. Its a bit on the thick side, but that just means more chilli base to work with.

Cappy, i believe these should be refrigerated right?

To be safe I'd refrigerate after opening PJ. Thanks for the first impressions and hope you enjoy your bottle the way it is. I like to add just a drop to ketchup or mayo or other sauces that need a boost. Another good use is in a BrAiN sTrAiN Bloody Mary. More went out yesterday, just a couple bottles left.

would like to hear from someone new to the 7 Pod heat.

Hello. I'm just now realizing communities like this exist, this will be my first post here. I've been mostly using hot sauces based on jolokia peppers, I ordered a bottle of your sauce and it will be taking my 7 pod "virginity" if you want to call it that. If you want I'll try to give it a review, I can probably record myself tasting it. This should be a level of heat slightly higher than what I'm used to so it will be interesting, I can't wait to try it. I'm extremely against extracts, so my tolerance is based on just legit peppers.

Hello. I'm just now realizing communities like this exist, this will be my first post here. I've been mostly using hot sauces based on jolokia peppers, I ordered a bottle of your sauce and it will be taking my 7 pod "virginity" if you want to call it that. If you want I'll try to give it a review, I can probably record myself tasting it. This should be a level of heat slightly higher than what I'm used to so it will be interesting, I can't wait to try it. I'm extremely against extracts, so my tolerance is based on just legit peppers.
:welcome: aboard fellow Ohioan!!

I tried the sauce tonight, it's phenomenal. No where near as hot as I was expecting but still amazing and quite hot. I let a buddy try it out. He had about a marble size drop on a chicken nugget and it set his head on fire! lol. It hit him right away and he was grabbing for milk within 20 seconds. I give him credit because he is the only one I know that manned up and tried it. Let me know where I was at tolerance wise...which is pretty high. I can't tell anyone how hot something is because my scale is on another level. I taste no heat and tell them it's not that hot and they get mad because it burns em up. I'll be trying a spoon full of this and putting up a review sometime soon. Thanks Cappy, it's delic'.

Thanks David, your tolerance must be way up there as I wouldn't be putting a marble size drop on a chicken nugget without burning myself up! Sounds like we have another who is not affected by capsaisin heat like the average joe, we get a few every year that can handle any amount of pain. We expect a BIG spoonful on video if you can handle it, would like to hear more about the flavor and taste of the sauce. Glad you are enjoying your bottle of BrAiN sTrAiN hot sauce with friends. Good day!

Not sure how you shipped it but I think I should be getting mine in the next day or two, should be interesting.

I ship medium 2-3 day flat rate box and could not send Monday because of the holiday. I would expect your bottle will arrive Thurs. Very interested to hear what you think of the BrAiN sTrAiN hot sauce Akumos, thank you.

Great job Ed!!
WOW, it looks like the real deal!!

I grew a lot of these pods last season and all I can say that they're so freaking brutal.

Where can I get a bottle?

Back