• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Saurbraten!!

First thing I'd like to say is....

This thread is ALL Jay's fault!!:lol:

Went to the grocery store today on the hunt for ingredients for a killer sandwich.....but what I ended up with was a top round roast (london broil cut). I saw it in the meat case and had to have it.

Why?

SAURBRATEN!!! One of my favorite dishes of all time......and of course...I think my recipe is the best!

Here are the players:

100_1177.jpg

That's a 2 1/2 pound hunk-o-beef, cracked black pepper, sea salt, a half/head of minced fresh garlic, a red onion, apple cider vinegar, a whole bottle of Panola "hot sauce", some XXX powder, and Lea&Perrins white wine worchestire sauce. WOOP WOOP!!

Meat....seasoned and ready to go:

100_1179.jpg

Onion and garlic.....just before execution....

100_1182.jpg

........ ;-)

This was one of the great moments in THP history. I think I may now shed a tear in memory of the can of potato salad...

Just watched the video again. This cracks me up. I thought it would be funny to dub in the voice of Barry White. "OOOOOOOOOHHH Baby, you like that don't you? Let me do it again and again!"

pileiton thanks for bringing this back up to the top. Freaking great thread, way to go Paul!

Love the little Browning by the way. One of the funnest guns in the world to play with.

patrick said:
pileiton thanks for bringing this back up to the top. Freaking great thread, way to go Paul!

Love the little Browning by the way. One of the funnest guns in the world to play with.

Thanks!

Yes....I love my little .22 Browning! I actually traded for it in the early 90's for a Shaquille O'neal special rookie card......

SUCKER!!! :rofl:

I just tried the Read Potato Salad today. Paul, that was a mercy killing! It tasted not like apple cider vinegar as much as it tasted like applesauce and vinegar. I added my own spices to make it palatable. The potatoes were at least tender. Never buying it again.

I just tried the Read Potato Salad today. Paul, that was a mercy killing! It tasted not like apple cider vinegar as much as it tasted like applesauce and vinegar. I added my own spices to make it palatable. The potatoes were at least tender. Never buying it again.

I have plenty of bullets. ;)

Holy Shit Paul, I almost spit Keystone all over the monitor. :rofl: :crazy: That was an absolute classic, glad you reserected that thread. That canned potato salad sucks, mercy killing is right.

I gotta try JayT's recipie

Draws finger pistol carefully aiming into the air and with a firm voice states "Sir, place the weapon on the ground and step away from the canned potato salad!" :crazy:

the video is on pg1,

one of my favorites, too. Thanks Pi!

Back