• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Saurbraten!!

First thing I'd like to say is....

This thread is ALL Jay's fault!!:lol:

Went to the grocery store today on the hunt for ingredients for a killer sandwich.....but what I ended up with was a top round roast (london broil cut). I saw it in the meat case and had to have it.

Why?

SAURBRATEN!!! One of my favorite dishes of all time......and of course...I think my recipe is the best!

Here are the players:

100_1177.jpg

That's a 2 1/2 pound hunk-o-beef, cracked black pepper, sea salt, a half/head of minced fresh garlic, a red onion, apple cider vinegar, a whole bottle of Panola "hot sauce", some XXX powder, and Lea&Perrins white wine worchestire sauce. WOOP WOOP!!

Meat....seasoned and ready to go:

100_1179.jpg

Onion and garlic.....just before execution....

100_1182.jpg

........ ;-)

Great thread, paul!!!!
Damn it looks cold up there.
Laughed so hard I almost spilled beer on my bathing suit and tank top!
Next time you make this, do it for drunken chef and stay drunk and videotape the 4 day marination process (including the fun with the axe and the 22)....now THAT would be a good video!!!!
SAURBRAUTEN!!!!!!!!

frydad4 said:
Great thread, paul!!!!
Damn it looks cold up there.
Laughed so hard I almost spilled beer on my bathing suit and tank top!
Next time you make this, do it for drunken chef and stay drunk and videotape the 4 day marination process (including the fun with the axe and the 22)....now THAT would be a good video!!!!
SAURBRAUTEN!!!!!!!!

I will do that!!

OKAY!!!

Here we gooooooooooooooooo.......................

I hope this lives up to the 5 day wait. As far as the taste, it was out of this world good! It's one of those dishes you'll make about once a year, but never stop thinking about. THP, the cloves in the cabbage were a sure-fire WIN!! Jay.....you have my promise to NEVER EVER buy canned German potato salad again! That recipe ROCKED!!

Here are the photos. There were many more, but I don't want to bore...

The red cabbage cooking....the foil pack w/ the holes in it are the cloves:

100_1190.jpg

The finished potato salad (I have prep photos, but didn't post them).....it tasted as good as it looks!

100_1205.jpg

The sauerbraten....on the board to rest after the broiler:

100_1208.jpg

And the finished plate! No other meal I know of takes a week to prepare.....but it's worth it!

100_1211.jpg

That's all for now....I'm going to go finish my beer and have a popcicle....

peace-out!

Holy that looks delish! I don't know if I've ever had this dish, but if I ever do I want you to cook it!!!

Excellently done Paul! You have a WIN with that meal. From the cabbage to the out of this world potato salad and not to mention that slab of perfection called meat....you got me drooling all over myself.

YAY!!!!!!!

Thanks, guys! It was a blast to prepare....and the bhut-fatalli spice was just perfect with it! Even Velvet-mouth Bradley liked it!

Awesome absofreakinlutley awesome! I want some. And you my friend are a man of your word! Way to break out the gun! It was like the St. Valentines Massacre for Potato Salad. Only thing I could have asked for is some beer drinking during the carnage. :rofl:

Not bad for a gun totin' beer swillin' navy swab! Actually, more like super wombat hot, blue, and righteous freakin' killer! Gimme' some of those baconized spuds pronto!!

You have to know there were many beers killed in the formin of this thread. How else was he going to pay Tim to be the camera man.

JayT said:
Awesome absofreakinlutley awesome! I want some. And you my friend are a man of your word! Way to break out the gun! It was like the St. Valentines Massacre for Potato Salad. Only thing I could have asked for is some beer drinking during the carnage. :rofl:

Thank you.....thank you.....I AIM to please!!

:rofl:

As for the drinking.....holding a beer while shooting throws off my aim...;)

LOL come on man it's you shooting a can, not Citizen Kane :rofl:

My sister is a great shooter, I'm gonna have to have her do this when she comes to town. I'd like to see it run over by a steam roller or dropped from a great height. Or I could hit it with my Louisville Slugger.

Beer was involved? No sh*t, Sherlock!

How did i miss this thread? No really how?!!

Maybe next time Paul you could take to it with a shotgun, that would look awesome if you used a solid slug :hell:

Back