seed-train Scorched Train 2015-2016

Husker21 said:
Damn!  I am hoping I still have some unique seeds before the train gets to me.  If not I will get creative with some powders and/or rub.
I have been thinking the same thing. Hopefully there will be something I can add.

Husker21 said:
Damn!  I am hoping I still have some unique seeds before the train gets to me.  If not I will get creative with some powders and/or rub.  

It doesn't matter if you put duplicates in. This train has gotten so crazy with people adding seeds that I doubt by the end there will be much left that hasn't been added lol. I plan to run this as long as there's a train and passengers to ride so we'll run out of things at some point. I might go through and take all the duplicates and put in another box and keep in a safe place just in case the unthinkable happens to the train. This way we have something to get started back up with and can hit the rails running. I've already kind of done this and have a sfrb with seeds I've put in it as a backup so duplicates aren't a bad thing if everything you were going to put in is already there.  

One last thing I wanted to say was for those who don't have a large variety of seeds don't feel overwhelmed and that you have to match everyone else and what they put in. Everyone has been really over the top generous and it's much appreciated but if you only have 4 or 5 varieties as long as you contribute if you take something then that's enough. Now if you want to put in a bunch of varieties well that's awesome too. I just don't want anyone thinking they have to find 20 varieties to add just because others were able to share that many.

Since the train will be heading my way in a few stops for mid trip maintenance and I'll be adding a few more seeds anyway, if there is anything on my trade list you'd like added just post here and if I have enough I'll be sure to add some. This way I can have em bagged up and ready to go. Have a great one everybody!

Scorched said:

One last thing I wanted to say was for those who don't have a large variety of seeds don't feel overwhelmed and that you have to match everyone else and what they put in. Everyone has been really over the top generous and it's much appreciated but if you only have 4 or 5 varieties as long as you contribute if you take something then that's enough. Now if you want to put in a bunch of varieties well that's awesome too. I just don't want anyone thinking they have to find 20 varieties to add just because others were able to share that many.

I completely agree; thanks for saying it. It helps when you remember that the people with insane collections weren't born with them.

Wicked Mike said:

I completely agree; thanks for saying it. It helps when you remember that the people with insane collections weren't born with them.

This is certainly good to hear, it sounds like the list of things is really growing. i know i will contribute but i definitely don't have the variety that some on here do.

It's official; train is out. Tracking number is 9505511140504328546703. Huge thanks to Tony for organizing this (and starting it off with some very cool seeds), and to everyone who contributed.

Train left the station at 3 PM today. Tracking number is 9505511140504328546703. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed, and to Tony for organizing this. You throw a hell of a party, man.

Thanks for the awesome generosity Wicked Mike as well as the kind words!

The train is now making it's way cross country to the west coast on it's way to mpicante. We're making excellent time.

One note, seems a couple of people besides myself are having a difficult time finding padded flat rate envelopes. Everyone down the line might want to go ahead and make sure their post office has them and grab 2 next time they stop in. If they don't carry them you can order a 10 pack of them for free from the USPS website and they'll be shipped right to you. All you have to do is register and they are listed under shipping supplies and flat rate packaging. Just make sure they're the padded flat rate, they have bubble inside and measure 12.5 x 9.5. When I get the train I'll put as many as will fit in the padded envelope itself so that we're covered just in case. If you get the train and notice them getting low and you have access to them please refill. They cost nothing. Thanks everyone and have a great evening!

Train kept a rollin'

ITS ON ITS WAY TO ILLINOIS!!!

Tracking number#9114-9999-4423-8975-8280-16

Tony just want to say THANKS for the train ride.You made this whole thing happen and THANKS TO ALL who contributed.ALL KINDS OF GOOD STUFF ON BOARD!!!

Thanks Florisa! Wow everyone has been turning this train around super fast. We're almost at the halfway point already. It's getting closer and closer to me and I can just almost hear that sweet train whistle in the distance. I hope everyone is finding seeds that they're interested in. I've got a few spots left to fill in my 2015 grow and can't wait to see what there is.

So train is speeding down the tracks on its way to dash.  Choo Choo

midwestchilehead said:
Can I jump on this train?

This train is currently closed. Will be possibly reopened for more rounds and new/repeat stops once this round is done and if there's enough interest. We have 13 more stops to make before this round is finished. 

Thanks. Please keep me in mind if you reopen it.

Scorched said:
This train is currently closed. Will be possibly reopened for more rounds and new/repeat stops once this round is done and if there's enough interest. We have 13 more stops to make before this round is finished.

Scorched said:
I hope everyone is finding seeds that they're interested in. I've got a few spots left to fill in my 2015 grow and can't wait to see what there is.

I was honestly surprised at how many intriguing new varieties were in there when it came to me. I've also gotten a lot of new stuff in since then, and have something promising in the works. Second round, anyone?

I'm 99.99999% positive we'll have a 2nd round and many more. When we get to stop #18 I'll see how much interest there is but with the current train members who want to go again as well as people who want to join and have been posting or PMing me I'm sure it will happen. I'm not gonna reopen until the end so it doesn't get confusing adding repeat and new members while the train is still travelling. I'll give plenty of notice before reopening though

I'm thinking I'll give the people in spots 1-6 (who want to rejoin) an automatic ticket since the train is usually kinda empty for the 1st few. This way they can get a chance at a larger variety of seeds. I think this is pretty fair since by #7 and on there's a pretty big selection of seeds and such to choose from. I am glad to hear that people are finding things they want to grow and don't have. Have a great one all!  Choo Choo

The train is back on track. I PMed bukowski with a tracking number. My seed contribution (only a dozen varieties :rolleyes: ) seemed a bit light compared to others (seriously, where the hell do youz guys get your seeds?! :shocked: ) so I crammed in a whole bunch of goodies. One SFRB is all seeds, one is strictly a party barge.
     A huge thank you to Scorched for getting this rolling. Also, thank you to everyone who has donated to this train. Especially those who added extras. The smoked Jay's Red powder was heavenly and to whoever donated the yellow chile powder - I NEED THAT RECIPE!

bukowski9 said:
I grabbed some extra flat rate envelopes to add to it in case some might not be able to find any. Looking forward to getting the package. 

Good call. My post office doesn't stock them. I just used a priority tyvek envelope that they had there.

bukowski9 said:
I grabbed some extra flat rate envelopes to add to it in case some might not be able to find any. Looking forward to getting the package. 

Thanks for grabbing extra. I've ordered a pack of 10 from USPS.com but they haven't arrived yet. I'm hoping they're here before the train comes to me but if not I'm covered with your extra.

dash 2 said:

Good call. My post office doesn't stock them. I just used a priority tyvek envelope that they had there.

How much did that cost you to ship? Hopefully it wasn't too much but at least you found something that worked. Can't believe so many people's post offices don't have them. If the train keeps getting bigger we're going to have to abandon the sfrb boxes all together and just put everything into a giant ziplock or two and then put in a padded flat rate envelope. Maybe add a piece of cardboard on either side for some added protection.

So the train now speeds on to Ohio to bukowski. It's so close to me now. I can't wait to see this thing and taste some of those goodies. Everyone has done an amazing job of getting the train loaded and back on the tracks lightning fast. I'm finishing up bagging a few new contributions tonight so they're ready to go. Have a great one all! Choo Choo

Back