• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

SCORE!!

Scored a free pouch of Ghost Sauce at BWW tonight! I ordered Ghost Sauce for my wings and was drinkin' beer and waiting for the order when the manager came to our table and apologized for being out of Ghost. Then he says, "Well not really out, but it's past its 'use by' date so I can't legally sell it." "I'd like to GIVE you a package. Would you like that?" "Well yes, of course." "Thank you!" Heh-heh. :party:

So now, what do I do with it?! Not much of a cook here so looking for ideas. What would YOU do with it? I know there are some stellar cooks on here and I'm hoping y'all will toss me some advice so I don't ruin it. I'd be so thankful.  :lol:

Just put it in a bottle or something and use it to spice up whatever your eating. Its not hard to throw some chicken wings in the oven and then drown em.

Not a fan of BWW sauces, I tried their hottest sauce and found it overly salty and lacking any elements of quality. But that my opinion only,

They are not very good sauces at all and you would fare better to grow your favorite pepper this year, read up on sauce making from some of the sauce making threads on this forum and create your own.

Welp. I kinda share the room's opinion about their stuff, but this isn't a topic about that opinion ! :p

So, I think I personally would make fried chicken strips from breastmeat and use the sauce after smelling it, boiling it if you need to feel safe about it. But usually these things are pretty stable.

Yeah, for some reason (I wonder why?) Chicken stuff seems to be my favorite use for it :D But I think breadsticks or pizza would work too, you know, college foods.

First off get it into a jar or bottle. It should still be good for a while. Maybe, in small amounts, play with the flavor. That's what I would do. Try adding some pineapple juice. Mango also works great with sauces. I don't knnow this sauce so would just mess around with tweeking its flavor. I like my heat injust about everything. Put some on eggs, pizza, chicken. Ghost goes real well in soups. Put a squeeze on grilled cheese sandwitches. Spice up baked potatoes. Hit some spagetti sauce with it.

Hell you can even squirt some on her tit.

Enjoy!!!

Dudes. I'm a female. Gotta change that username. Everyone thinks I'm a guy.

Thanks, everyone, for chiming in with the helpful tips, BWW sauce critiques, and uh, other comments. Agree that BWW has incredibly flavorless sauces. That said, the Ghost sauce was free, it's here, and I'm gonna use it. Thought maybe spicing it up and cooking it would help. I may be female but I'd rather fix something than cook so really appreciate comments on which spices might work well.

wowuhmwhoa-uhh-this-is-awkward.jpg

ShortcutToHell said:
No, you really can't. Funniest thread of the year and all I wanted was some simple cooking advice. Spice suggestions, anyone?!
I wish I could have been more helpful in your dilemma, but it is most difficult to offer sound advise regarding product you wouldn't or haven't used yourself.
I will offer you this suggestion though for a couple of reasons. You could take the hot sauce and put it on a sauce staton and use it during holiday parties with wings, shrimp, mini sausages and what ever. (as a dipping sauce).
The reasons I mentioned are these. Once the package is opened you are committed to using the product with extreme prejudice and you have a rather large package of sauce to go through, Party size.  Second, by not allowing the appetizers to marinate in the sauce, they will tend not to take on as many of as much of the not so great characteristics of the sauce, while still providing a little heat.

Jelly,sauces,Oils,Dips and cooking.Maybe put some in ice cream,butter and bake goods.I cannot remember who made the candy apples with ghost salt.I seen a story about those best by dates.People were throwing all types of stuff away and it was still good.You could also make some pickle eggs,pickles,pickle okra.

ShortcutToHell said:
Too funny! Yeah, thought I'd better clear up the gender thing. Thanks, ya got me laughing. I've worked with a lot of guys and they are generally quite respectful when there's a female present. Assume you guys are too.
You may be assuming too much. :lol:     Kidding

One of the epic issues of online communications,

Back