scored

today I went looking for a smaller wok than what I have (to bring back with me up north) & found a 12" shallow steel wok - it'll do (I have a deep 14" already)
wok in pic is not seasoned yet but is now as I typed this.

but at the same time I found a small wire ladle that I've wanted for awhile (nothing special of a find though)
also bought some nice granite pieces - cheese cutter & mortar(which I've also wanted)
then I saw some cast iron hot pads for the skillets with chiles on them,so of course I had to have them :lol:
plus this place has alot of cast iron, I'll be back to get some other cast iron!

DSCF2693.jpg

so it was a good find for me.

Nice marble mortar and pestle.

Oooooooh.. Me want mortar and pestle! Ever since Ive gotten into making curry paste at home, I've longed for such a vessel.

thanks everyone for the compliments on the mortar, it was a spur of the moment buy since it was right there (but I've wanted one for awhile)
I guess the wash n' care for them are the same for cast iron - just hot water for cleaning them no soap, cuz thats how I'm gonna clean it.
I plan on using it the next time I'm home.

origamiRN said:
very cool
BTW, where are you in Minnesota?

you're asking me where in MN I'm at! while you throw out such a vague location for yourself (USA) :rolleyes:
I guess I should of said my location was "north america" just so people get a general idea of my location.

I'm somewhere between these numbers
Latitude 43° 30′ N to 49° 23′ N
Longitude 89° 29′ W to 97° 14′ W

BTW thats the state of MN, no offense origami its just a pet peeve of mine - the location thing - this is a forum with people from all over the world & when people dont give a location or a very vague location - its a joke, cuz other people on this forum cant get a idea as to their location for their growing conditions or where they come from for the tastes or whats available.

again no offense but I hope you see why I said what I said.

& BTW why do you want to know, do you live in MN (& BTW right now I'm in ND)

Back