• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

Scotch Bonnet Sauce

9 Orange Scotch Bonnets
2 Naga Morich
A Tomato
2 Cloves of Garlic
Some Vinegar/about 20%
3 tbl spoons Honey
2 tbl spoons Brown Sugar

This is a keeper!!!!
IMG_1152.jpg

Props to Scorpion for the idea............

thehotpepper.com said:
I like the sound of that one!

The problem is that I didn't have enough leftovers from the blender like I usually have! For my own enjoyment, that is. My wife busted me licking the blender lid like how a kid licks the mixers after Mom makes cake or mashed potato! Now it's time to figure out a name and a label for it....

THP I went with your advice for the name. And Dyce it's killer in all of the above!!! I only had enough scotch bonnets left to get me 2 bottles. I was gonna gift them both out for Christmas, but I think I'll change my mind and keep one FOR ME!!! Since I had no left overs...... Am I being selfish?
IMG_1243.jpg

Well this is my first day joining the site, and this is exactly what I was looking for. Just picked about 20 nice orange Scotch Bonnets, so went straight ahead and followed this recipe. LOL as you can see from my picture they are two
completely different colour sauces, it's because the recipe say's brown sugar, so the first time I added Dark Brown Sugar. The second attempt I used light brown sugar and the sauce is more like your colour now. I haven't tried them yet to see if there is any difference in flavour between the two, I don't expect there to be it's only different colour sugar. Anyway thanks very much for posting your recipe, I hope this is the first of many recipe's that I'll try out.
sbonnetsauce.jpg

Well this is my first day joining the site, and this is exactly what I was looking for. Just picked about 20 nice orange Scotch Bonnets, so went straight ahead and followed this recipe. LOL as you can see from my picture they are two
completely different colour sauces, it's because the recipe say's brown sugar, so the first time I added Dark Brown Sugar. The second attempt I used light brown sugar and the sauce is more like your colour now. I haven't tried them yet to see if there is any difference in flavour between the two, I don't expect there to be it's only different colour sugar. Anyway thanks very much for posting your recipe, I hope this is the first of many recipe's that I'll try out.
sbonnetsauce.jpg
Have you tried it yet? Let us know...

Back