• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Scovie's Shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's that ass again lol, put those toasted buns with the bacon an egg titties and ya got a bacon egg mc titty sammich.  

all this food talk, now im hungry damn it

sicman said:
what in the world is going on?
naaaa the question is what in the world is NOT going on  :rofl:
hey sicman, i couldnt find any fat men rollin around in tubs of eggs but i did find some nice bacon titties, does that count?  :rofl:

So here's what I have been working on in my spare time. My own bathroom. I am a professional Tile Setter and doing what you do on your own home can be agonizing. It's only taken about 2 months to get it done. LOL
The original bathroom was 35 years old, with a Neo-Angle fiberglass shower that leaked (hence the remodel) and a disgusting glass enclosure. I didn't get any "before" pics because my plumber gave me about 4 hours notice that he was coming so I had to tear all of that old shit out post-haste. you can see the funkidellic paint job tho. It's a damm shame I couldn't keep the Flamingo. dammit.

I wanted to go with a curbless shower pan to open the room up a bit. The room is square with a corner cut off, where the sink goes, so there wasn't alot of room between the neo-angle and the sink.

The floor from one side to the other dropped 1-⅛".  yeah. It is an elevated framed floor above a slab. so I just cut the framing out under the shower, made a dam and filled it with concrete with a slope for the pan liner, then the mortar pan went on top of that to flush up with the Self Leveling mortar. What a difference.

Gutted, and new plumbing installed. you can see where the 7" X 48" niché will be.
View attachment 11965

I was going to be short on bags of concrete so, out to collect rocks. Rocks are good filler for concrete, right?
View attachment 11964

View attachment 11963

View attachment 11962

View attachment 11961

Re-mesh is staple down. I used exactly 783 staples. That's code. 
View attachment 11960

View attachment 11957

View attachment 11959

Self Leveling mortar is down, and now it is tile ready.
View attachment 11956

Pics are a little out of order but it's ok. LOL

Bump Please!

hahaha Thanks for the bump fellas. I got a lot of picture of this bathroom. I probably could have shaved 2 weeks off the job if I just put down the damm camera. :rofl:

Continuing on with the shower pan. It was nice to have the leveling mortar down first so I had a nice flat surface to screed to pan mortar on. Everything flushed out sweet. At the last minute I saw that I had one of these corner shelves (12" X 12" X 2") in the backamah truck so, why the hell not? CJ needs somewhere to put her foot, right? For shaving her legs you filthy minded bastages! The shelf gets filled with dry pack mortar then tile later.

I had two almost empty tubs of Hydro Ban and RedGard so I used them up. For the record, I am not a fan of Redgard. If you are ever in need of a paint on waterproofing membrane, (like most normal people) do yourself a favor and splurge for the Hydro Ban.

View attachment 11978

This thing makes me dizzy. I can't watch while it's on, my head goes round and round.
View attachment 11977

Nice mortar pan.
View attachment 11976

View attachment 11975

View attachment 11974

View attachment 11973

View attachment 11971

View attachment 11969

I am drilling holes for some accents. Technically they are "cores" but you know what I mean. I had some black granite tiles leftover from another job so, why not?
View attachment 11967

Another bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back