• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest Shootout & Prize Thread

Anyone can trade for any of JayT's items, by putting an item into Oldsalty's box while executing the trade ...

It can be a 2-for-1 of the stuff here, or a 1-for-1 with an item sent to me to be included in Oldsalty's box ...

:party:

BigB said:
if anyone wants to trade their pi rho sweet jalapeno honey dipping mustard for my - pex peppers strawberry kiwi reaper jelly, I'd be down. Im also donating some of this ferment to OS auction box: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/57825-bigbs-1st-ferment-sexual-chocolate-style-advice-did-i-screw-up/page-1  and some mango MoA yellow SB jelly, can send you those or some smoked / regular powder too since it will be getting to GM next week. Let me know! :)

I'll hook you up with one of those from my stash, no worries - especially since your SB jelly and smoked powders appeal to me ;)

You've got it.

The Hot Pepper said:
how long the pole?

Why are you always asking that???

The Hot Pepper said:

The Hot Pepper said:

So Jay returns from sausage camp and gets more booty. Score.

Uh yeah!

grantmichaels said:
Anyone can trade for any of JayT's items, by putting an item into Oldsalty's box while executing the trade ...

It can be a 2-for-1 of the stuff here, or a 1-for-1 with an item sent to me to be included in Oldsalty's box ...

:party:

I'll hook you up with one of those from my stash, no worries - especially since your SB jelly and smoked powders appeal to me ;)

You've got it.

WTH??  I like what you picked for me!  I will try to get my box together and pictured for Grasssnake tomorrow.  I have been busy with family vaycay since I got home from sausage camp.

JayT said:
I would certainly entertain offers is there is something someone has their heart set on, but I like what I see.  Trying to wrap my head around Pex Thanksgiving jelly.  What it it turkey and cranberry and stuffing and green bean casserole all rolled into one?  Weird shit-o-meter on tilt.

I think it's like a spicy apples and cranberry maybe - not really sure, bought it on a whim from one of his emails along the way ...

JayT said:
Sounds good, I'll probably end up doing something with it with ribs or pork roast.  Pex always makes good stuff.  Great call on the Fatalii jelly GM.  I love that stuff.

Yeah, we share fondness for fatalii ;) ...

SHeesh-o-RAMA!  I go out on the town for one night and miss all the shenanigans!   Do I still get Ozzy's Jelly?  I'd love to take it to our chilehead campout in a couple months.  :pray:

So many great sauces!  There's going to be some really happy campers when everything gets sent out.  FYI, Red Hawk and Pex are both commercial sauces and perfectly fine for AnySoldier boxes.  I believe Dan sends some out on his own periodically. 

salsalady said:
FYI, Red Hawk and Pex are both commercial sauces and perfectly fine for AnySoldier boxes.  I believe Dan sends some out on his own periodically. 
Yeah, I think the Red Hawk's were selected by folks is all. I didn't know Pex's fit, but that's cool for the future ...
grantmichaels said:
Jeff H won THP's Admin's Choice Award for a free Extreme Membership for a year!
salsalady won Ozzy's Future Jelly Award
Grass Snake won JayT's Hot Box
Looks that way, SL ...

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
no worries, i've tried it and really liked it.  It was my first sauce from Dru :)
I've enjoyed three bottles consecutively. The ONLY problem with Tiki Torch is that it's blocked me from trying dozens of others by hogging a constant spot, lol ...

Various items will make their way here this week, or by the beginning of the next week at the latest, and then it'll be time for me to pack up boxes and get them out ...

I'm shooting to get boxes packed on the July 16-17 weekend, as I'll be otherwise preoccupied on the weekend of July 23-24 ...

That's the likely timeline, so everyone knows ...

BigB said:

nothing broken / spilled? 

Nothing major, nope ... just some sticky glass that maybe is from a little bit of leakage, or not ...

I had to wash my hands after unwrapping everything, but nothing was broken ...

Goods from musky ...

26efe05a524abe8f3d216d1345c5c77f.jpg

Goods from BigB ...

9ea9a31acff92951aac26cddbd6b2bf5.jpg

Tomorrow night I'll have to refresh myself and get to workin' on getting stuff turned around and sent out, but first comes Oldsalty's auction stuff ...

:cheers:

Alrighty then ... workin' on this today!

grantmichaels said:
The Prize Boxes!

AnySoldier Box

MM - texas creek chipotle bbq (AnySoldier)
Jeff H - texas creek chipotle bbq (AnySoldier)
Jeff H - lucky dog hot sauce green (AnySoldier)
GIP - pi rho sweet jalapeno honey dipping mustard (AnySoldier)
JHP - lucky dog hot sauce purple (AnySoldier)
JHP - lucky dog hot sauce pink (AnySoldier)

Oldsalty Aunction Box

GIP - pex peppers cosmic peach (Oldsalty auction)
GIP - pex peppers singularity (Oldsalty auction)

GIP - pex peppers dragon burner (Oldsalty auction)
JayT - pex peppers trinidad scorpion jelly (Oldsalty auction)
JHP - jhp 7 pod white (Oldsalty auction)
JHP - jhp jay's ghost scorpion (Oldsalty auction)
JHP - jhp chocolate ghost (Oldsalty auction)

Member's Boxes

BigB - wicked mike's mango kiwi congo
BigB - wicked mike's baconator
BigB - de roo tb#14 recipe x
BigB - pex peppers strawberry kiwi reaper jelly
BigB - pex peppers taco fuego
BigB - lucky dog hot sauce black
BigB - pi rho sweet jalapeno honey dipping mustard (wheelin' & dealin')

GIP - texas creek infused pure evil 15ml
GIP - de roo tb#15 fornax
GIP - de roo tb#13 old bones
GIP - red hawk habanero apricot

JayT - pex peppers yellow fatalii jelly
JayT - wicked mike's moruga mustard
JayT - skansk original habanero hot balloe
JayT - gemini crow burn
JayT - pex peppers thanksgiving dressing/jelly
JayT - savage jerky reaper

Jeff H - lucky dog hot sauce red
Jeff H - pi rho sweet jalapeno honey dipping mustard
Jeff H - red hawk wild fire
Jeff H - lucky dog hot sauce chipotle
Jeff H - texas creek spicy worcestershire sauce
Jeff H - texas creek red hot sauce
Jeff H - texas creek chipotle capsaicin sauce

JHP - de roo tb#10 wang thang
JHP - pi rho habanero ketchup
JHP - pi rho dat's my'en

MM - gemini crow blackberry belle
MM - lucky dog hot sauce black
MM - hm01 7pot/b-fxrs jelly
MM - pi rho sweet jalapeno honey dipping mustard
MM - pi rho dat's my'en
MM - texas creek fermented fatalii sauce
MM - de roo tiki torch
MM - hm01 c2/f-jpgs jelly
MM - red hawk strawberry scorpion

You all are welcome to swap, wheel-and-deal, and/or re-allocate as you wish for the next couple of days, as I won't be packaging or shipping anything for a couple of weeks!

Just pulling this around to the back for my use this afternoon ...

Back