contest Secret Ingredient Throwdown - Mango!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mango porkchops with white rice, steamed veggies and mango curry

I started with rubbing the porkchops (loin) in a mix of Thai Hot powder, red pepper flakes, a pinch of curry powder, garlic powder, thyme and rosemary.

I placed them in a pan with chicken stock, lime juice, thyme and covered with a mix of Thai hots, curry and mango. I then placed a thick slice of mango on top of that and sprinkled a little cinnamon on top. They were broiled at 375* for 30 minutes.

The rice was just plain white rice...

The veggies were steamed with garlic, Thai hots and Serrano peppers. A little butter was mixed in after they were cooked.

The mango curry was mango, curry powder, dried Thai hots, dry red habs, white pepper, thyme and a pinch of cinnamon.

The veggies were plated on top of the rice topped by the curry sauce.

My beverage was simple, yet good. It was a mix of pureed mango, cran-apple and cinnamon blended with tequila and served margarita style.

downsized_0507002323a.jpg

I applilgize for the phone pic... Ms. Ratman didn't know this was for THP, she thought it was me being nice... So, I had to sneak a photo when she wasn't looking.

frydad4 said:
Thanks JT and Nova
Nova...you sent me some dorset and aji seeds. I shared them with SumBits and 5-O (SoFlo Posse). We have had great success, and by we I mean Sum and 5-O. In fact, over the winter the Aji's had to be in a warehouse and I think the peppers took care of the rat problem they had. Something ate all the fruit, followed by the putrid smell of death that lasted for days.

Those seeds have been both good eats and pest control. Thanks!
FD

Good to hear brother :cheers:

Skirt Steak with Mango Serrano Chimichurri, Dark Rum Maduros, and Coco Mango Tango

Mango Serrano Chimichurri Sauce
2 bunches flat leaf parsley, chopped
8 serrano peppers, cut into thin rings
2 mangoes, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Course sea salt

Stir and let sit. Stir occasionally.

Dark Rum Maduros
2 ripe (black) plantains, cut into sections
2 tablespoons dark rum
Course sea salt

Put directly on the grill for grill marks. When soft, wrap in foil and add dark rum. Let them steam on the grill. When plated, sprinkle with course sea salt.

Skirt Steak
Rub with steak rub and fatalii powder. Brush with olive oil. Grill over direct flame. Lump charcoal for the perfect heat/sear. Cook to medium rare.

Top the steak with the chimichurri, plate the maduros, and serve with:

Coco Mango Tango
1 part dark rum
1 part coconut cream (not milk)
2 parts mango nectar

Serve on the rocks with a mango slice as garnish.

Please click for larger pictures.

Attachments

• mango_skirt.jpg
    mango_skirt.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 106
  • chimichurri_sauce.jpg
    chimichurri_sauce.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 103
  • skirt_flame.jpg
    skirt_flame.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 105
That sir is very unique, what with the nice glassware and all that surely equals WIN!

Btw your mango garnish looks like a prawn...

Thanks dudes! No, I said steak rub as a generic term. I used B Gourmet Fajita Rub which is great on any steak, and also Pepperfreak's Fatalii Powder. A winning combo! This meal was delicious. The mango serrano chimichurri sealed the deal and the drink was perfect, if I may say so myself :lol:

Yes...

I moved my aji plant into the employee break room at the warehouse of my company for the winter months. The plants thrived away from the chill of the North American winter. However, the rats soon grew hungry and stripped the plants down to the stalks. They ate everything...the fruit, the leaves, the branches. And then they died. We smelled the sweet stench of death coming down from the rafters. They got what they deserved.

"Anyone who runs is a VC! Anyone who doesn't run is a well-disciplined VC!"

frydad4 said:
Thanks JT and Nova
Nova...you sent me some dorset and aji seeds. I shared them with SumBits and 5-O (SoFlo Posse). We have had great success, and by we I mean Sum and 5-O. In fact, over the winter the Aji's had to be in a warehouse and I think the peppers took care of the rat problem they had. Something ate all the fruit, followed by the putrid smell of death that lasted for days.

Those seeds have been both good eats and pest control. Thanks!
FD

5oclocksomewhere said:
I moved my aji plant into the employee break room at the warehouse of my company for the winter months. The plants thrived away from the chill of the North American winter. However, the rats soon grew hungry and stripped the plants down to the stalks. They ate everything...the fruit, the leaves, the branches. And then they died. We smelled the sweet stench of death coming down from the rafters. They got what they deserved.

"Anyone who runs is a VC! Anyone who doesn't run is a well-disciplined VC!"

Hell ya! :lol: Aji Lemons kill rats, cool :hell:

Novacastrian said:
Hell ya! :lol: Aji Lemons kill rats, cool :hell:

And...I moved the aji plant stalk back to my patio when the weather turned...it is now growing again and should produce more fruit this Fall. I also have used some of the seeds from its first fruit to plant another seedling. Thanks for the seeds, Nova.

one time I had a whole jar of fatali powder (Steak Rub), and Sum's grandma ate the whole thing in one sitting.
Unbelievable.

:)

My grandma was a SAINT. Enough with the grandma hi-jacking of this thread. I shall post soon... sans grandma's favorite McCormick steak rub.

THP that is righteous. I think that grill shot might be the best action shot ever posted here! I can almost taste it. I had other obligations tonight (see: the woman had me busy) so my entry will come tomorrow. I still feel confident that mine will be original.

JayT said:
THP that is righteous. I think that grill shot might be the best action shot ever posted here! I can almost taste it. I had other obligations tonight (see: the woman had me busy) so my entry will come tomorrow. I still feel confident that mine will be original.
Thanks. Can't wait to see your flank steak. Hehe that sounded weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back