• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Secret Project.........

I'm not big on hopes of even getting a sprout out of the pitcher plants, and they grow more slowly then peppers do, but we'll see if I can find seeds.

Edit: Stubby is growing leaves oddly. When it's done, I wanna try the pod and see how it is.

Looks like there is some growth starting to show, hopefully it will be just the first of several that will show different polyploid traits, I would love to see a ten foot tall plant with fist size pods each one being 3.5 million SHU's that would be something, but then again how could anyone eat something that hot! you would have to see if you could get a military contract to make a
super pepper spray. :fireball:

Cruzzfish,

Are you ordering from Sigma?

It may have been mentioned already but you could buy Surflan or similar if you want to save time.  I bought a bag of it at least 5 years ago.  At the time I think I was going to try it on amaryllis, coleus or possibly peppers.  I never did get around to trying it.

- Tick

Surflan is most likely the least toxic towards seedlings and safer than Colchicine which is even more toxic towards sprouted seeds.
It just depends on if you can git one or the other cheaper and don't mind following all the saftey codes if your decide on colchicine. I can't say if one is better than the other I supose it would also depend on if you are doing plant tisue or a sprouted seed. I think I would go with the Surflan.

Nigel the little fellowers are coming around for you, I hope that they are all polyploids it would be nice to see how they all turn out, I have been thinking since I won't be doing a big garden with mostly super hots I would have room to grow a few mutations. I might try doing it with surflan, I was thinking about doing it with the moruga blend, but I don't have a enough seeds to do it with of that variety. I do have enough seeds of the yellow brain strain and C. praetermissum that I have and they would be all this years seeds. It would of course depend on how well I feel and if I can do it at the right time and not in late fall. I( think it would be a great project for me to try, that would give me something to do other that just sit on my ass all winter.

Give it a go with whatever you have enough seeds of, George. I can probably help with different varieties` seeds later in the year, if you want something else. Yellow Brain sounds like a good one to try, to me!

Yah, I will most likely use a yellow Brain Strain as I like its flavor and think it would be a good canidate for the project I should have enough seeds of it, so I won't worry about running out of seeds.

Hey Nigel,  had to really look for this post , I was wondering how your experiment went?  
Did any make it and are any showing promising results? 

Nigel said:
Here we go with an update to one of Stumpy`s relatives. Here it is on May 25th,

How about it Nigel, you still got any of your creations growing? Inquiring minds want to know.

Back