seeds Seed sprouting experiment with Gibberellic Acid (GA3)

Ok so regarding bases and "lye" or caustics.

Ive worked with them and gotten them on every part of me for the past 20 something years.
Safety glasses! there is little help regarding your eyes, flush with water for a full 15 minutes, full, 15 minutes.

on any skin, apply an acid, vinegar, windex, wine, beer. these all neutralize the base making it possible to rinse off. Follow with thorough soap and water wash.

and bases used properly are fine. the soap you will use has sodium hydroxide or potasium hydroxide in it, the same base.

Id imagine these warnings are based on spraying a food then eating it, the plant will work all of these sprays out in a few days. Grades are typically stated to back up purity/price and/or use at different levels ie schools vs. commercial labs.

coheed196 said:
Indole 3 acetic acid and 6 benzylaminopurine, I've used both. When you mix those two with GA3 you have the perfect balance. 6BA forces branching, IAA and GA3 force cell stretching and upward/outward growth.

The only down side is 6BA is best dissolved in Caustic Soda aka lye which is highly basic. Drop some of that in water and have it splash you....hello chemical burns
Can you elaborate on this? What concentrations do you recommend? Have you used these a lot?

I haven't actually used them a lot. Only once truthfully, and I couldn't tell you what concentration I used. I just traded Dann (massspectrum/Dr.Peppar) for them. Sent him some pods and he sent me them lol.

He's a wealth of information about all of the PGR's, message him on here or through his site

Bending

In the interest of public safety and based on your PM to me can you elaborate on the false info i gave.

I dont want anybody to get hurt based on my training and experience.

So we are talking about lye or caustic (still...for some reason)

These need to be neutralized or they will be made worse by hydrating.

They are to be neutralized with a safe acid which makes them able to rinse with water. 

I feel i listed skin safe acids like windex.

So if you dont agree, please post. PMing me with your grad school experience wont help these people.
sorry to sound like a ...

if you saw fight club.....that part is accurate...

not sure where you went to school....

anyway, Gib acid folks...

I'm not trying to argue. I will just refer people to the MSDS (material safety data sheet) for any product of concern so don't take my word for it just do a quick Google.

he tells me to google...

Im fine with that.

Nobody listen to me please.
there is one MSDS for all base compounds? shoot that b&%ch over to me

why are you editing everything if you want to educate folks?

impending_bending said:
See MSDS for any chemical you handle.

coheed196 said:
I haven't actually used them a lot. Only once truthfully, and I couldn't tell you what concentration I used. I just traded Dann (massspectrum/Dr.Peppar) for them. Sent him some pods and he sent me them lol.
He's a wealth of information about all of the PGR's, message him on here or through his site
Cool thanks. What was the fate of the plant you used them on?

Please dont PM me with the fact that your lab buddy at grad school got sued then post and retract all your inaccurate info.

We are on a pepper web forum talking about what we are trying with GA3.

I have told everybody to disregard all of my real world and GOOGLEable info so i think we are all safe.

so anyway....GA3 anybody?

impending_bending said:
Cool thanks. What was the fate of the plant you used them on?
It's still alive and growing. It's my 007. Lots of pods and branches....the plant itself is probably a foot and a half tall.

That's in a one gallon pot. I'll take a underskirt picture tomorrow but there's more pods than I can count on it. And it's a first year plant, not an overwinter or anything. I started the seed in mid October I believe
Here's a leaf I took from it, you can see the bottom of the pot actually.

impending_bending said:
Sweet merciful crap. Looks like you've been fertilizing it with plutonium or something :)
That's exactly what I've been feeding it! Lol, no just Dr Earth all purpose mixed in the soil. Along with chicken poo, Mycorrhizae, and azomite. And botanicare pure blend pro grow.
Capsicum Select said:
Damn coheed that is a fast grow!
Thanks
Ok so I did some looking back and that 007 plant broke the surface on September 21st of this year. (I was close though lol)
Here's what the under side looks like. Not the best pictures but you can see the pods and buds anyways.

Back