seeds Seed sprouting experiment with Gibberellic Acid (GA3)

Here's a picture of a one month old madballz that has been sprayed with a 350 ppm GA3 solution. It looks kinda odd lol, but it is definitely tall haha.

coheed196 said:
Here's a picture of a one month old madballz that has been sprayed with a 350 ppm GA3 solution. It looks kinda odd lol, but it is definitely tall haha.

One month old? Does it have it's first tooth yet?

How far will 20 grams of this stuff get you? If those pictures are what I could potentially have, I want in. I'm gonna have to come up with numbers.

You'll never need 20 grams. That'd last you 2 lifetimes. I bought 2 grams and I haven't even used a half gram. What kind of numbers? You mean for the concentration?

How do you weigh, manage and work with 2 grams. The guy wants $22 for 20 grams and hes relatively local.

I've made a spread sheet which automatically calculates how much nutes I need for my dwc based on stage of the plant, water capacity and a correction figure. I'd like to do the same for this one too. I don't have a PPM's counter(its on the way from china land) so if I plan to do this any time soon I'm gonna be going strictly off numbers.

Can you apply it to larger seedlings or is it best from seed. After your foilar spray, do you keep applying the stuff or is that it?

Sarge said:
How do you weigh, manage and work with 2 grams. The guy wants $22 for 20 grams and hes relatively local.

I've made a spread sheet which automatically calculates how much nutes I need for my dwc based on stage of the plant, water capacity and a correction figure. I'd like to do the same for this one too. I don't have a PPM's counter(its on the way from china land) so if I plan to do this any time soon I'm gonna be going strictly off numbers.

Can you apply it to larger seedlings or is it best from seed. After your foilar spray, do you keep applying the stuff or is that it?
I have a digital scale that goes down to mg. That's how I measure it. You don't have to have a TDS meter, I don't use one at least. It's not too hard to figure out the amount needed for the different concentrations. For instance, 1 mg GA3 in 1 mL water is 1000 ppm. Mix equal parts of water and 1000 ppm GA3 solution will make 500 ppm. You can get way more specific than that, but that's just an example. 20 grams sounds like overkill. You're only using very small amounts, especially for seed soaking, I think I used maybe half a cup to soak every seed. Just pay attention to the purity of the GA3 you get......I have 99% pure, $4 per gram. Also pick up some 70% or higher isopropyl alcohol to dissolve it.

You can spray the plant at any age you want really, but if you're only using GA3 you probably only want to spray them once. Now if you have Auxins and Cytokins to balance everything out then you can spray them more often.

impending_bending said:
TDS meters will not detect GA3 (or most other organic solutes)

You'll have to go off of weight

I wasn't aware of that lol. I never used one or anything as the GA3 I bought came with a tiny ass scoop and a cheat-sheet with the amounts needed for different concentrations. Like 1 scoop = X mg, 1 Scoop + 138 ML = X PPM

It's pretty handy

Sarge said:
The stuff I can get is 90%
multiply the amount you'll need by 1/.9 = 1.11
For example, for 1000 ppm, measure out 1/.9 * 1 mg = 1.11 mg and dissolve in 1 ml
You'll have to do something bigger than that to measure it unless you have a badass scale though...

impending_bending said:
then you've wasted whatever the rest cost you... I'm not sure I understand the question...?

I think he's asking what effect, if any, ceasing to use the GA3 on the plants will have? - for example, is there any negative effects? (I apologize if I'm mistaken) :)

Back