seed-train Seed train caboose (at least from me)

This is free......well other than the cost of some postage....people take it so seriously....."GET OUT THE PITCH FORKS AND RAKES BOYS, WE GONNA HAVE US A LYNCHIN'..."

I re-read Chad's first post, and he had instructed that his train was to travel based on the posting order in this thread.

Quite an innovative idea, actually, and a great way to help out a lot of people! :cool:

Contrary to some of the more selfish/closed-loop swaps that are already out there, he didn't specify a preset list, a limited # of stops or a cut-off time - quite the contrary, in fact! He specifically stated the objective of his train was to help out as many people as possible, explicitly stating that -

"Ideally this gets in the hands of as many growers as possible before the season starts."

Now, if new people loose interest, that's fine.

And I can certainly understand how we might selfishly desire to limit the # of cars, or loop the train prematurely.

But if new people continue to post their name in his thread, then how can we in good faith enforce a cut-off or final stop (at least before the end of Spring planting season), without DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING the explicitly stated objective of Chad's Train? :eh:

How can we possibly justify "let's limit the # of cars" as being anywhere near consistent with Chad's Train's explicit goal that he set-out for everybody when he first mailed these seeds - "as many people as possible"???

I think Chad's idea when he started his train this way was to get us to look past our baser instincts, to "Pay It Forward" and help out as many people as we could.

Rather than trying to LIMIT his Train, I suggest we follow his excellent lead.

We just had Christmas, for gosh sakes - don't y'all remember the story of Scrooge? Or did you spend Christmas Eve ignoring your family and friends, and crouched miserly in your greenhouse, counting all your pepper seeds? :rofl:

I think somebody needs to make a graphic for that. :lol:

im out on the second round also. thank you chad for getting this train started and happy new year to all and happy growing for 2012. and for laser guy no i didnt spend xmas counting my seeds i spent it with my beautiful wife and my four kids. I wasnt trying to be a scrooge by ending round one just sick of seeing all the bi#$&ing and moaning going on about wheres the seed train,when do i get the seeds,how come he gets the seeds before me. chill out ITS SEEDS do you not have any to grow if you realy need some seeds pm me ill send you some.

Laser Guy....I hate to burst your bubble...(well, not really) but Chad S. posted this "I couldn't be happier with the way this is turning out. I love the way all you guys are building it up. Check out the new grow list. I have been the beneficiary of a lot of generous growers here myself. Next year I will do this all again the same way, just with more varieties. SASE up till hunting season then send the train down the tracks again.

Take care ya'll

Chad "

Post #43 AFTER the idea of a second go round was started. Now I joined after this idea of a second loop came about! So if you want to try and brown nose Mr. Chad with you're novel posted above...by all means go right ahead. No one on this train is trying to be selfish. other people stopped posting and users that were already active decided to bring it around a second time. If you want to go on about how it was just Christmas...then you might want to give yourself that speech. Christmas is about GIVING not receiving. Also it is quite annoying that you are trying to blast out everyone that wanted to do a second go around just because you are mad that the train goes twice to them before you. SO WHAT. If you don't like how the train is going...START YOUR OWN. This was started out of fun and now has just turned into a derailment itself. (Pun definitely intended) If I ever start a train and people start whining and complaining then they are going to get booted from the train. Take your turn in line, whether it be your first or someones second and patiently wait. If you need seeds quick then contact someone else on this site and trade or buy some online....I love THP and everyone on it. I come here on a daily basis to shoot the shit and have a good time. There's always someone who has to chime in and ruin all of the fun. C'MON MAN lets all just have a good time and put on our big boy pants. Thanks for starting this Chad, you're awesome but I believe it has taken a wrong turn and I'm going to sadly have to exit this train and find a party bus for me and my seeds to hop on :hell:

This site is about helping!I love the runs and normally give much more than I get back.Those of us that have the types ought to be thankful that those before helped us.Every once in a while you get screwed but just check back in and then you can get the same seeds again no wait.Happy new year everyone ! Don`t boot me please! :) Rich

screw it... i'm out for the second time around... i don't need someone who doesn't even know me questioning my motivations over something that is supposed to be fun.

thanks again chad for getting it going.

I dunno anyone on this train...but I will say that the main reason I joined this site was due to the generosity and kindness I read repeatedly throughout the posts. Shoot, I could've gotten all the info I needed just reading without joining. The very first day I joined I was hit up and sent some seeds without even asking after I posted my welcome thread! This train started off fun to read...but now its getting nasty. Wonder if this was the first thread someone went through on here how likely they would be to join up???

3/5King, I don't need to "brown nose" anybody - Chad is a friend of mine from here, I was trading with him long before you were even a member, some of his seeds are growing in my place right now! :cool:

And your attempt to "pop my bubble" doesn't hold-up. Sure, everybody is interested in seeing the train make another trip, but only after everybody that wanted to participate in the first round gets a chance to do so. The re-route did not even crop-up until Post #45 and after, so comments on how things were going prior to the re-routing even happening would not apply. The idea for a second round actually came-up when Chad's thread was barely more than a week old, and the thread still quite active.

In any event, that matter has already been resolved. The member who proposed, and most strongly promoted, a second round, and who would have personally benefited from the suggested re-route, even agreed -

I agree that it should go to everyone on the list before it takes it second tour

Likewise, even the person who actually proposed the re-route agreed to withdraw it! -

fine with me... how many cars is this train going to have in that case?

So that issue has already been resolved, the only question at present is whether to limit the # of new participants, or to follow the stated objective of Chad's Train to get it out to as many people as possible.

The current participants are already set, the issue is whether or not to limit new participants AFTER us. Note that I have no personal gain in suggesting we should not restrict future participants prematurely, and I resent the repeated attempts to discredit my position by falsely claiming otherwise.

Nor am I intrinsically against a second round, as you suggest.

Rather, as I understand it, a few of the participants would prefer that we limit new participants, in order to expedite a second round for us, before giving new people any chance to participate.

This is not dissimilar to the previous situation, except now I'm one of the people getting the extra benefit ahead of the new folks.

So forgive me if I get a bit "miffed" when someone claims that I am paradoxically being greedy when I suggest my willingness to "give up" the personal benefits of an expedited second round, in order to allow more members to benefit from this during the planting season, in according with the objective stated by Chad when he started this.

Look, if some of you feel that we should restrict or limit new participants in some fashion, then let's stop with all this name-calling, personal attacks, accusations, feigned offenses, attempts to personally discredit, sideways parting shots, and other similar nonsense, and discuss when/how/if we should do so like civil adults.

Because right now, the poor new participants are likely too scared to even try to board Chad's train, not knowing if they will be let on, refused a ticket, or physically tossed off the back of a moving train! :eek:

But let's start treating fellow members with respect, and stop all this nonsense. NOW.

Thank You. :)

:violin: LG, you really like to hear yourself talk. If you would like for this train to have a peace sign stamped on it's caboose, then you should heed your own advice. Which would include the suggestion about treating members with respect. I believe you were the one calling people selfish. You accused people of being miserly. You questioned their integrity. As well as accusing members of playing the part of Scrooge, suggesting that said members were "Spending Christmas Eve ignoring their family and friends, and crouching miserly in their greenhouse, counting all their pepper seeds."

What I do know, is that if you would have come out and asked to be put before the 2nd round...no one would have said no! You instead decided that you were going to lawyer up and make a big speech. You then proceeded to indirectly slander member's characters that are involved with this train.

Everyone (including you LG) I hope your seed stock is plentiful and your growing season prosperous. I don't need seeds bad enough to make this much of a huff over it. I don't want to bicker anymore with you LG. I think that we are all upstanding gentlemen....except you WD :shh: and agree with you LG. Let us all treat fellow members with respect and stop all this nonsense....NOW. :scared:

I politely withdraw my name from the list please and thank you. Biscgolf I know you are on top of it :cool: I don't want to bring anymore negativity to this thread, I'll hop on next time. TTYAL Good luck. :hell:

You respond to my plea for respecting fellow members by ridiculing it, followed by two paragraphs of personal attacks??? WTF!

I did not make such accusations about any member here. The comment I made at the end of a prior post, which you have deceptively spread-out, expanded and re-worded to distort it's meaning, was NOT directed at any member, was NOT an accusation against ANYBODY, and was clearly marked and intended as a Christmas joke, to remind people of what Chad's actual purpose was in starting this train!

The correct word for written statements is libel, and includes misquoting someone in order to cast then in a disparaging light.

In addition to your two personal attack posts on this page, I also see one of your first posts in this thread was to attack yet another member (Smitter Q). I do not believe we should tolerate cyberbullying.

If you truly "don't want to bring anymore negativity to this thread", then please delete the first two paragraphs of your last post.

I will be happy to delete this as well.
CDOT2.GIF

Thank You. :)

current list, someone can correct if wrong. i'm done updating it.

gitguymertin
biscgolf
catherinew
mtbrider17
brewmasta
nmorris279
habaneroheat81
coheed196
smiter q
bearmystrong
catherinew (2)
mtbrider17 (2)
cory huck (2)
smiter q (2)
hot stuff
bearmystrong (2)
hixs
atomiccobrapeppers
windsong
spankyscolts
melissa77754
emu
laserguy

Team as you are a member here then you can be in basically.Anyone here with issues i`ll trade/give to!I get in for the fun and let the train run not wreck! My peppers don`t grow on ego`s or attitudes- does yalls?

Back