• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Seeds direct from Lima, Peru!!!

filmost said:
Interesting the Aji Rocoto (PI355812) available from Semillas is shaped differently.
Aji Rocoto is what people in Peru would call any type of C.pubescens, as far as I can tell. 

There are numerous Rocotos that have accession numbers in the seed banks. They don`t have specific names, so people sometimes give them one. Aji Rocoto is just a general name with no meaning. The accession number has specific meaning and refers to a specific type. 

C.pubescens varieties are not as well categorized as other species (annuum, chinense etc), so they are largely Landraces found in a number of countries from Mexico all the way to Argentina. 

Nigel said:
There are numerous Rocotos that have accession numbers in the seed banks. They don`t have specific names, so people sometimes give them one. Aji Rocoto is just a general name with no meaning. The accession number has specific meaning and refers to a specific type. 

C.pubescens varieties are not as well categorized as other species (annuum, chinense etc), so they are largely Landraces found in a number of countries from Mexico all the way to Argentina. 

Thanks! Learn something new everyday on these forums! :-)

filmost said:

Thanks! Learn something new everyday on these forums! :-)
That's a large part of what this place is all about!

Thank you Nigel, great find, bookmarked with an itchy finger on the buy button !!!

I may throw the more interesting ones into Walmart grow bags with 2 gallons of potting mix, just to experiement  ....

As someone with a limited desire for the many super stupid-hot varieties, this is SO tempting.  I've already got plenty of seedlings, and some crazy guy across town is threatening me with more!  Where the hell am I supposed to grow all these #$%@% pepper plants?!  :doh:

ARRRRGH! :rofl:

Geonerd said:
As someone with a limited desire for the many super stupid-hot varieties, this is SO tempting.  I've already got plenty of seedlings, and some crazy guy across town is threatening me with more!  Where the hell am I supposed to grow all these #$%@% pepper plants?!  :doh:

ARRRRGH! :rofl:
You know you`ll find room somehow  :P

dash 2 said:

Just do what I do and bribe your landlord with jalapeño jelly. I got mine hooked early - the first jar was free. Now he went as far as to include a payment of three pints in this year's lease. Not a bad deal for four raised beds in the front yard and about 150 ft2 in the back yard!
Good work brother, good work

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
My motto....you can't eat grass. If you have a front yard and back yard you have room.
We don't have grass lawns in Tucson.  That being said, it is easy to grow plants in pots here, and there's plenty of clay pots available.
I received mine two days ago.  Thanks again, Nigel!

Back