• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SG's 2012

Since late last year I've been starting seedlings in waves because of limited space and other constraints. So I have a good number of plants in varying stages of growth, with some trying to flower too. The plants are looking good and I am poised to have some tremendous harvests. Last year I only grew a fraction of the what I am attempting this year and even then I had a hard time keeping up with the harvests. I am sure I will go crazy with all the peppers this year.

Here is the where most of the plants start out:
Plants3.jpg

Plants2.jpg

Plants1.jpg

Focusing on some individuals:
Murupi Amarela
MurupiAmarela.jpg

Praetermissum initiating its first fork:
GalapagoenseForking.jpg

Chacoense:
Chacoense.jpg

Fatalii x Choco Bhut F2:
F2FataliixChocobhut.jpg

Sonoran Chiltepin:
SonoranChiltepin.jpg

A Brown Rocoto about to flower:
FlowerBrownRocoto.jpg

I cut open a few morugas today to throw on the dehydrator. A few looked close to that, but not quite like that one. I have yellow brains from pepperlover that went red. Awesome smell & taste. Completely different from the morugas. Not even close. Do you notice the same thing with the brains you have? Mine have a much more floral smell.
Nice close ups!
Ga GH

Physically the brain strains were more compact and consistent in shape, the ts morouga had more of a puffy kind of appearance, were larger and displayed more pod variation. I haven't had a brain strain in a little while, but from what I remember they had more of a bite to their aroma... but maybe I just got used to them so it doesn't strike me as strong anymore...

One of my Fatalii x Choco Bhut F2 turned out brown, here it is all the way on the right, next to two Choco Bhuts:
IMG_20121006_180249.jpg

Fatalii x Choco Bhut F2 on right:
IMG_20121006_180614.jpg

Up close:
IMG_20121006_180648.jpg

It is hot, but not as hot as the Choco Bhut... I would say not really a "super" hot. Let me know if you want seeds before I toss it...

And here's how this is turning out:

IMG_20121006_181728.jpg

IMG_20121006_181713.jpg

This pod is from a plant I've nicknamed Purple Leaf, (it's probably an F1 of an accidental 7 Pot Brown Bonnet Shaped x Pimenta Tiger):

IMG_20121007_203543.jpg

:think:your pube looks... kinda sexy...wait that sounds wrong again :rolleyes:
nice Choco Bhut :onfire:
Cool "conjoined twin." Good eye for picking up the variation in the original flower.

Thanks gents. I'm planning on growing a few more Choco Bhuts than I did this year, this variety is really one of my favorites.

Agreed. My choc bhuts are really good too. I struggled getting them to germ, so only have two full size plants. Going for six next season. I have determined i like most browns. But they are definitely one of my favs.
Your fatalii x choc bhut cross looks very fatalii like inside. Thats quite interesting. Does it have the choc bhut's flavor?
I thought that double bloom was cool. Thanks for sharing the pods from it.
take care
ga gh

Choco Bhut (pure)
IMG_20121017_174701.jpg

Fatalii x Choco Bhut F1
IMG_20121017_174606.jpg

Inside, I think it tastes like strawberry:
IMG_20121017_174828.jpg

Let me know if you want these F2 seeds, I'm not really interesting in growing them out myself.

Back