• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SG's 2012

Since late last year I've been starting seedlings in waves because of limited space and other constraints. So I have a good number of plants in varying stages of growth, with some trying to flower too. The plants are looking good and I am poised to have some tremendous harvests. Last year I only grew a fraction of the what I am attempting this year and even then I had a hard time keeping up with the harvests. I am sure I will go crazy with all the peppers this year.

Here is the where most of the plants start out:
Plants3.jpg

Plants2.jpg

Plants1.jpg

Focusing on some individuals:
Murupi Amarela
MurupiAmarela.jpg

Praetermissum initiating its first fork:
GalapagoenseForking.jpg

Chacoense:
Chacoense.jpg

Fatalii x Choco Bhut F2:
F2FataliixChocobhut.jpg

Sonoran Chiltepin:
SonoranChiltepin.jpg

A Brown Rocoto about to flower:
FlowerBrownRocoto.jpg

Nice photos, all shapes and sizes of plants, look at all those "Fat's x Cho Bhuts" That's a minnie farm.

Good luck, photos are cool,

Greg

I have a number of Brain Strains going, but one has really grown faster than the others for whatever reason:
BigBrainStrain.jpg

Douglah flowering:
DouglahFlowering.jpg

Clavo flowering:
ClavoFlowering.jpg

Capsicum pubescens:
CapsicumPubescens.jpg

Overwintered Yellow Bhut I really liked:
OverwinterYellowBhut1.jpg

Same Yellow Bhut up close:
OverwinterYellowBhut2.jpg

These are all further along:
Plants8.jpg

Plants7.jpg

Plants5.jpg

Looks great, are you using sunlight or indoor lights too? and you have a Galapagoense! I have some too in plugs that i just got germinated and are raising some hooks :) My first wild pepper grow.

How old is your Galapagoense and how long did it take to germinate?

Plants4.jpg

Nice photos, all shapes and sizes of plants, look at all those "Fat's x Cho Bhuts" That's a minnie farm.

Good luck, photos are cool,

Greg

Thanks Greg, I should have more F2s I have in the humidity domes germinating later too, I may just keep them on my less than ideal patio just to select for the fruit characteristics I want and then take better care in F3 to baby them in the ground.

Looks great, are you using sunlight or indoor lights too? and you have a Galapagoense! I have some too in plugs that i just got germinated and are raising some hooks :) My first wild pepper grow.

How old is your Galapagoense and how long did it take to germinate?

I am really excited about my galapagoenses, the best specimen I have popped up by surprise in the soil around another plant I had. The only very controlled batch of seeds I attempted yielded me one galapagoense at 15 days, the rest, are way past 30 days and nothing. If I get fruit off of the few I have growing, I will definitely be keeping these going over the generations. As for how old it is, it can't be older than two months. I start the plants under the grow light and then when they're big enough, put them in a partially sunny window... and just hope they can hold on until it warms up.

Great looking plants, good luck with the F2 fatalii x choc bhuts. Those F1 pods looked awesome!

Thanks, I am also very curious about the F2... I hope I find what I'm looking for: essentially a pod that looks like the choco bhut, but pure yellow. I will also be on the lookout for any unexpectedly pleasant phenotypes to save as well.

I am really excited about my galapagoenses, the best specimen I have popped up by surprise in the soil around another plant I had. The only very controlled batch of seeds I attempted yielded me one galapagoense at 15 days, the rest, are way past 30 days and nothing. If I get fruit off of the few I have growing, I will definitely be keeping these going over the generations. As for how old it is, it can't be older than two months. I start the plants under the grow light and then when they're big enough, put them in a partially sunny window... and just hope they can hold on until it warms up.

If nothing happens for the other Galapagoense seeds and you give up, try scarification as last resort. I waited 6 weeks with nothing, did some scarring using my exacto knife, and the NEXT DAY, i had 6 / 8 seeds sprout. crazy!

Thanks, I am also very curious about the F2... I hope I find what I'm looking for: essentially a pod that looks like the choco bhut, but pure yellow. I will also be on the lookout for any unexpectedly pleasant phenotypes to save as well.
hey did ya plant your wild brazil yet
let me know

these plant you got there look great

your friend joe

If nothing happens for the other Galapagoense seeds and you give up, try scarification as last resort. I waited 6 weeks with nothing, did some scarring using my exacto knife, and the NEXT DAY, i had 6 / 8 seeds sprout. crazy!
Huh, scarification, thanks for the tip. I have about 4 or 5 groing right now, so I'll probably just mix the other seed closer to the surface with some other plants so they can surprise me at a later time.

hey did ya plant your wild brazil yet
let me know

these plant you got there look great

your friend joe

Hi Joe, I have a few Wild Brazil germinating now, I am also growing Cumari do Para, which seems to be the same thing. Can't wait to try them, they seem like a perfect little snack size!

Huh, scarification, thanks for the tip. I have about 4 or 5 groing right now, so I'll probably just mix the other seed closer to the surface with some other plants so they can surprise me at a later time.

Hi Joe, I have a few Wild Brazil germinating now, I am also growing Cumari do Para, which seems to be the same thing. Can't wait to try them, they seem like a perfect little snack size!

your not going to be disappointed they are awesome

keep in touch

thanks your friend Joe

Clavo
Clavo.jpg

Clavo2.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Morouga
TrinidadScorpionMorouga.jpg

Not Galapagoense, I thought I'd give this a try:
NotGalapagoense.jpg

"Stinger Bonnet"
StingerBonnet.jpg

Cumari do Para
CumaridoPara.jpg

Baccatums: Queen Laurie and Guyana
Baccatums.jpg

Capsicum chacoense
Capsicumchacoense.jpg

Butch T x Douglah F2
ButchTxDouglah.jpg

Murupi Amarela
MurupiAmarela.jpg

And these are the latest and the last I'll be germinating for 2012:

Trinidad Scorpion x Pimenta Morango
TrinidadScorpionxPimentaMorango.jpg

Pimenta da Neyde
PimentadaNeyde.jpg

Florida Wild
FloridaWild.jpg

The rest of my plants are all in a different spot in the house, away from the grow light. I must have over 150 plants at this point.

Back