• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Shigshwa's Grow Log 2015-2016 (Hydro Grow of Carolina Reapers)

NOTE: Skip to the later pages to see my latest grow. Most of this is a log of my previous grows.

---------------------------------------------------------
I saw quite a lot of grow logs out here, which inspired me to make one myself. I thought that I could also use this as an opportunity to learn from the more experienced growers as well. A bit about me:

1. At this point in time, I'm 16, likely making me one of the younger growers here.
2. Although I like to mess with all things technology, I also like gardening as well
3. This is my first time growing peppers, so I'm hoping that everything goes well!

Now, onto the peppers.

The Story So far

297169_1851179259149_1830801093_1270494_678876191_n.jpg

The peppers, Bhut Jolokia on the right, Butch Ts on the left

312962_1874592724471_1830801093_1287184_631982975_n.jpg

The first sprout, and still my biggest!

380675_1881489016874_1830801093_1291001_1519892892_n.jpg

The peppers, day 3. Some of these were my friends, because he was on vacation. Can't believe they were this small!

313173_1902088171840_1830801093_1305430_723677430_n.jpg

A bit under 2 weeks old, when they were still under my now sold HPS bulb. My first sprout is the one in the big pot.

dsc00225uw.jpg

A bit after the last photo. Now that's growth!

dsc00239nh.jpg

Last image of them, days before being in the tent.

dsc00242zl.jpg

The new grow tent, next to my computer.

379523_1963207419783_1830801093_1331203_196171686_n.jpg

A bit under a month old, just a few days in the new grow tent. I will get a MH system soon...

dsc00241zd.jpg

Taken just now, 1 month 1 day old, few days after the last photo. The growth has EXPLODED ever since they were placed in the tent. The one in the very front is the Bhut, or so I believe, and the other 3 are the Butch Ts, one in the very back being my first sprout.

I would avoid the GO Box, unless you're using coir in a hemp style setup. Tried it in dwc, nothing but headache.

Organic products tend to make a big mess of gunk in my buckets... molasses especially.

Speaking of DWC, did you ever start those seeds you got from my pod?

It's officially too cold outside to grow. The temps were like 80 one day, and then a huge windstorm came and brought cold air to us, and now it averages in the 40s. This means.. it's time to move indoors again. My current plan is to overwinter my Butch T, Jalapeno, and Ghost Jalapeno indoors, and I will grow my Red Douglah inside the tent alongside with the Ananas Noire. I got myself a cheap 150w HPS kit from the local shop, seeing that I didn't really need 400W. This should be more than enough to keep it in flower throughout winter. The 6 bulb CFL array would have been fine, but they kind of hung too low.. and the plants were going to touch it. I'll post the trimming pics soon. I wish I didn't have to trim them, they were just beginning to flower again after the temps went back down a bit..

dsc00654dd.jpg

dsc00655eb.jpg

Organic products tend to make a big mess of gunk in my buckets... molasses especially.

Speaking of DWC, did you ever start those seeds you got from my pod?

I did. The sprouted and then stayed in the seedling stage for literally months. After 75 days or so without even forming true leaves, I kind of gave up.

Good luck with your OW project... it's a drag you have to trim them, but at least you'll get a jump on production next year. I wanted to OW one of my orange habs inside, but couldn't convince my wife to make room for it among her houseplants and tender perennials upstairs where it's heated. I think I may have better luck doing it downstairs where it isn't with the orange manzanos I'm going to start right after Christmas.

Yeah. But a lot of my seeds have been doing that recently. Fresh, old, it doesn't matter. I've got a Carolina reaper that's three weeks old and doesn't have a single true leaf yet. Maybe I need to go back to jiffy pucks.

Yeah. But a lot of my seeds have been doing that recently. Fresh, old, it doesn't matter. I've got a Carolina reaper that's three weeks old and doesn't have a single true leaf yet. Maybe I need to go back to jiffy pucks.

Maybe you should retry then. lol

I got an F1 seedling here, this was taken from my large pod. Let's see if we can get anything interesting from this one.

dsc00660km.jpg

I'm back guys. I'm back. Don't know if the old people still remember me, but anyways..

To catch up: Grew some red Douglahs (probably unstable strain.. mutation?), and been on hiatus because college was coming up, but since my dorm has so much space... why not bring the tent to grow? (nobody official knows about it, and it's not illegal anyways)

So picking a strain to grow.. I decided on the Carolina Reaper. Seeing the reviews, it looked like a perfect gut smasher to bring to parties. So I recieved the seeds, they germinated, and... Let the pictures begin.

I'd say... 3 weeks after germination
1383014_4863975257166_2110140356_n.jpg

Then a week later, the plant doubles yet again, and after seeing the buds..
1391485_4904375187139_1905260287_n.jpg

Pretty fast growth. I'm using RO water from the store to water it, so the high ph water doesn't cause ph issues. I fertilize every week. Conveniently, the day and night temps in the dorm allow for a comfortable growing temp inside the tent of 70-85 degrees. Don't know if the Reapers grow fast or if the temps and water are really helping or if it's the 400w of lighting, but the plant is nice and short for it to be flowering already.

Anyways, I'll keep things updated and participate on here again. I think I'm probably one of the first (at least... in a long while perhaps) ever to grow in a tent, let alone grow superhots, on campus, or at least... within this residence hall, lol

Thanks. Brought my nutes from home to the dorm. My roommates aren't complaining, they think it makes our epic room even more epic. The HPS makes the room look like a campfire.

scratchzilla said:
Shigs! Welcome back!
Hey! An old face finally!

Here, I may as well post some update pics while I'm at it:

f4hq.jpg

My trademark thumb of approval.

7p0p.jpg

No quarter, found a bottlecap.. um, yeah, look at those buds!

Portuge said:
Im here, just takes awhile to get to everyones glog...
S'right... especially when us'ns with outdoor gardens have to put them to bed for the winter... Welcome back Shiggs! I wondered what you'd been up to, but figured the grow tent would be involved. Is that a HPS light I see in the tent?

stickman said:
S'right... especially when us'ns with outdoor gardens have to put them to bed for the winter... Welcome back Shiggs! I wondered what you'd been up to, but figured the grow tent would be involved. Is that a HPS light I see in the tent?
Correct, how did you figure out? Lol, yeah, my friend let me use it. The extra wattage really speeds the growth up.

Back