• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Should we have a fun 2009 grow contest?

Nice. I finally found a use for my old desktop tower. I quit using it when i got this laptop.

3195756844_1f08f620a7.jpg

I have a remote cooking thermometer sitting on top of the baggie, which is sitting on top of my tower over the power supply. And i have a folder sitting on top of that. It's keeping them between 84-86 degrees F

Got this in the bag :lol:

5 of my 6 Fatalii seeds have sprouted in 9 days. I put two in each rockwool hole and had to move two to a seed starter mix. I love this rockwool as the little seedlings came right out with no resistance. I'm now officially a rockwool convert. :-)

There has never been nor will there ever be a better fertilizer organic or man made that is equal to tarantula poo. I've got pounds of it--you folks don't stand a chance in this little contest.

My little "secret". Hows that second place battle going?:P

patrick said:
There has never been nor will there ever be a better fertilizer organic or man made that is equal to tarantula poo. I've got pounds of it--you folks don't stand a chance in this little contest.

My little "secret". Hows that second place battle going?:P

how long does it take for a tarantula to poo a pound :shocked:

I had one come up yesterday arvo.

Transplanted it to a pot as it was breaking the sirface and stuck it i nthe sun in 40 deg c heat. Its from africa right......... it will have to suck it up and deal with it.

If it dies its not strong enough.

Just checked it and with sweat and burnt feet i can report its tougher than me!

No way in hell i would sit out there as a 1 day old and burn in the sun...... and ask for more!

cheers

Well I had a plant sprout in the seed raising mix that had the husk still on it.

I am sad to inform you all that the poor bugger didn't survive the operation....:(

moyboy said:
I have a plant just about to break the surface. It looks like the seed husk is still attached so I will have to operate later.

4 days it took. and it was the seed raising mix that has given the best result

I feel bad for you, I really do. We all know that the premature babies are weak and stunted and need a lot of extra TLC to perform normally.

Better luck next time!

My little baby spread its baby leaves today (pic taken in the morning) to soak up the stinking heat. It sat in it all day....... blazing sun and 41 deg c heat and never blinked.

Now to make it bigger :)

cheers

BabyFatalii.jpg

looks like a blade of grass to me... :lol:

I took a chance this year and planted my first two trays about 1/2" deep hoping I wouldn't get as many "hats"...only thing is this will cause them to take several more days to break the surface of the seed starting media...

AlabamaJack said:
looks like a blade of grass to me... :lol:

BillyIdle said:
And barely so ;)

Haha - you guys are brootal!

Here's a pic of my Fatalii progress after 11 days (planted Jan 4th) I planted 6 total seeds - 2 per hole - 5 have sprouted and 2 got moved sideways from the rockwool to some seed starter medium so there are now a total of 5. I might keep the 3 strongest and give away the others.
3199519346_1361abc41c_b.jpg

The 1st Bhut Jolokia loop just appeared (on the left below the Fatalii's) - they are running the slowest of the seeds. The 7 Pots I got from Cappy (PRF) have also broken the surface as well and are looking good.

Back