vendor shout out to smokinasschilli.com

I cannot yet comment on seed quality or speediness of delivery, but so far customer service is OUTSTANDING! I just missed out on a special offer for THP members and he made good on it by throwing in an extra packet of White Bhut seeds. They should be in the mail now and I will update on the finished product. He only offers red, white and purple Bhuts at this time...don't want to start the "purple isn't a real Bhut" argument on here, but they look really cool. Give smokinasschilli a try...Australian member get free shipping and US customers pay about as much shipping as if we'd ordered them stateside. You can find a link to his special in the Hot pepper/seeds forum under his Purple Bhut post. I think its 7.99 for 50 White Bhut and 10.99 for 50 Purple which is better than most 10 packs of seeds stateside.
Hope you give him a try!

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27263-purple-bhut-finally-here-and-special-pricing-on-whites-too/page__fromsearch__1

Sawyer has presented everything I wanted to say but in a better way. Stc when I first got interest for the whites and purples there was no mention of them being any other colour, it wasn't until a few pages in the thread people started asking and then after 12 days smokinass decided to answer with responses about them still going white/cream with a slight pink tinge but NOT fully red. This led me to believe that they would be mature at white, but I doubt it now if they go so red then that would be when they are mature. If I get a white one I will cut it open and see if the seeds are fully developed.
I have all these plants in a cage so I only check on them every few weeks so didn't see too much of the different stages, however I will keep my eye on them and report back

Smokinasschilli I did write to a mod to ask him to delete all the comments on the other thread. Don't know if he has as I am obviuosly banned form viewing that now. I would like to hear your response to my comments above.

Oh and btw I wasn't aware that there was another thread with a discussion about the colour phases, Im not on here all the time. But perhaps if the wording "white Bhut" doesn't really represent what it is then a link could have been posted in his sale thread at the start with pricing so people wouldn't get confused.

Quite frankly I have commented again and again and I am getting quite sick and tired of doing it again and again and you dragging this through every forum post you can find . I have answered AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN in various threads .

You were quite aware there was a forum on colour changes as you got the seeds from me then in the original thread where they were discussed in June / July

Quite frankly with the amount of traffic you are generating when I have answered infinitum you do seem to be running some campaign . and to correct a few points in your posting you DID NOT PAY FOR THE SEEDS they were traded ( small point but you maye a point you PAID for these seeds )

another is you do not sell the same seeds as myself . again wrong . your site clearly sells bhut jolokia even if they be only the reds .

Until I can get pics of the whites kindly SHUTUP about the same issue AGAIN AND AGAIN

That is one sweet looking bhut! Mine are still babies under the floro's, they have very deep purple leaves with green specs for now. I know placing them out in the sun will change the amount of purple they have in the foliage...so my plan is to plant 3 in pots and place them is several different locations that get different sunlight amounts and times throuout the day to find the right balance between foliage and production. I can't wait. Plant out is a little over a month away in SD...

All right...since this is a forum. Discussion is welcome and expected. However, since this is a topic that I started, I am going to expect it to be kept cordial. I felt a bit guilty for pushing so many buttons last night and stirring maybe a little too much. We are not going to go there again. If you have a positive or negative comment keep it professional on both sides of the fence. That goes for you too smoki...I understand that your business is the one being scrutinized, but you gotta have some thick skin in the business world. I am absolutely in your corner on this one, but not at the sake of getting out of control once again.

I will not allow this thread to be run into the ground and I will be quick to push the report button on either side.

Quite frankly I have commented again and again and I am getting quite sick and tired of doing it again and again and you dragging this through every forum post you can find . I have answered AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN in various threads .

You were quite aware there was a forum on colour changes as you got the seeds from me then in the original thread where they were discussed in June / July

Quite frankly with the amount of traffic you are generating when I have answered infinitum you do seem to be running some campaign . and to correct a few points in your posting you DID NOT PAY FOR THE SEEDS they were traded ( small point but you maye a point you PAID for these seeds )

another is you do not sell the same seeds as myself . again wrong . your site clearly sells bhut jolokia even if they be only the reds .

Until I can get pics of the whites kindly SHUTUP about the same issue AGAIN AND AGAIN

Ok I was told to move these comments to another thread which I have done. Now I'm being told to shut up, obviously I am not allowed to ask questions or have my say.
You have not said anything in response about how you once said that they never turn red then said they do? So do they or dont they?

I traded products that I had to pay for - Ass Reaper sauce (imported) and a bottle of Chilli Focus. Yes I sell red bhut, you sell purple and white - which I do not. Its like a car seller, one may sell Ford one may sell holden they are different and if a buyer wants a ford then he will be going there
Which bloody thread??? The only one I know about is the for sale one! And that is the one where you changed your mind about the red phase.

I've had enough too. You should've just said Red Bhut that has a white phase when ripening.

That is one sweet looking bhut! Mine are still babies under the floro's, they have very deep purple leaves with green specs for now. I know placing them out in the sun will change the amount of purple they have in the foliage...so my plan is to plant 3 in pots and place them is several different locations that get different sunlight amounts and times throuout the day to find the right balance between foliage and production. I can't wait. Plant out is a little over a month away in SD...

Ahh thanks . Firedup is in Queensland , high heat and lots more humidity than here and his plants are as in the pic . Growing here in South Australia I get much darker foiliage even to nearly black new growth . we had high temps but a lot lower humidity so it may be that humidity if the key to leaf colour and colour depth I do not grow them myself.

I have 50 butch t plants in supplied by Novacastrian and Hippy seed co they are just starting with small pods and they are evil looking little suckers too. one plant looked diffrent to the rest so I pulled that early . All the new small pods are definite scorps. to Payback Novacastrian for the original seed I will be returning double to him but I will also release a few hundred here rather than charging $8 each for them as some seed sellers do to give back to the community here as I always do with special offers and plant giveaways

Cheers

Ahh thanks . Firedup is in Queensland , high heat and lots more humidity than here and his plants are as in the pic . Growing here in South Australia I get much darker foiliage even to nearly black new growth . we had high temps but a lot lower humidity so it may be that humidity if the key to leaf colour and colour depth I do not grow them myself.

I have 50 butch t plants in supplied by Novacastrian and Hippy seed co they are just starting with small pods and they are evil looking little suckers too. one plant looked diffrent to the rest so I pulled that early . All the new small pods are definite scorps. to Payback Novacastrian for the original seed I will be returning double to him but I will also release a few hundred here rather than charging $8 each for then as "certain seed sellers do" to give back to the community here as I always do with special offers and plant giveaways

Cheers

For one I have not said anything about what you charge. I don't care if you pay $2 or $20 you expect to get something what you pay for. I only sell strains that are proven and I grow them out myself with great expense in isolated cages that I have especially built - then I harvest the pods and deseed by hand. i do not import from India where they have cheap labour and probably machines that deseed. I occasionally also sell others seed from very trusted suppliers that do the same as me when Im out of stock. At least I give a clear description of what you are going to get and grow everything out before selling.
I feel you are going to get nasty so I will not be responding anymore and your buyers are now aware what they are getting.

All you do is sell on here I don't see you taking part in the forums with discussions, you are just using this as another way of making money and now you are upset that I questioned one of your main products. If you don't want me to question your products on here then do not sell them on here

For one I have not said anything about what you charge. I don't care if you pay $2 or $20 you expect to get something what you pay for. I only sell strains that are proven and I grow them out myself with great expense in isolated cages that I have especially built - then I harvest the pods and deseed by hand. i do not import from India where they have cheap labour and probably machines that deseed. I occasionally also sell others seed from very trusted suppliers that do the same as me when Im out of stock. At least I give a clear description of what you are going to get and grow everything out before selling.
I feel you are going to get nasty so I will not be responding anymore and your buyers are now aware what they are getting.

You are the only one claiming to have grown them out and had bad results at this point , there are No other posts supporting , you will not wait till I get the pics as I said I would or wait for Jungle Rain or Novacastrian to reoprt on their experiences you just trash everything that is written anywhere on any thread with the same stuff again and again .

All you do is sell on here I don't see you taking part in the forums with discussions, you are just using this as another way of making money and now you are upset that I questioned one of your main products. If you don't want me to question your products on here then do not sell them on here

FInal warning before I get happy with my report button. The reason I joined this site is because of the generosity and support offered to each other by its members....imagine that one of these threads was the first one which was come across by a potential member. Not a great first impression. So clean it up or I will report and have my thread removed.
If you want to rant or speculate on business practices start your own thread in the vendor vault. I do not mind negative feedback being included, but we're not going down the same road again tonight.
Smoki...quit with the shutups, and Wildfire I believe you have made your complaints ABUNDANTLY clear. So unless you have something new and of real value (not speculation) to add I ask that you refrain from posting.

I also want ot know if anyone else has had white pods yet or if theirs just go red?
I will post pics as soon as I get my camera. The rest of the pods are light green atm, so will see what happens with them. the other pod I had on there that dropped was green with pink at the top but no sign of white. Just want to ask other people what they got?

I was asking for other peoples experiences rather than trashing, please see above. I have also said that I will still be giving it a chance.
The End....

FInal warning before I get happy with my report button. The reason I joined this site is because of the generosity and support offered to each other by its members....imagine that one of these threads was the first one which was come across by a potential member. Not a great first impression. So clean it up or I will report and have my thread removed.
If you want to rant or speculate on business practices start your own thread in the vendor vault. I do not mind negative feedback being included, but we're not going down the same road again tonight.
Smoki...quit with the shutups, and Wildfire I believe you have made your complaints ABUNDANTLY clear. So unless you have something new and of real value (not speculation) to add I ask that you refrain from posting.

Understood. This was never intended to get nasty or into a war, just wanted an answer

Ok finally got my camera back. here are two of the pods as I said I would post earlier.
IMG_6869.jpg

Understood. This was never intended to get nasty or into a war, just wanted an answer

Ok finally got my camera back. here are two of the pods as I said I would post earlier.
IMG_6869.jpg
geez what happened you got a possum problem? Anyway from the photos that I've seen elsewhere I think the one on the right is about as light a phase as can be expected...and looks like it went a little past what it should. I think in order to ensure the seeds are viable you might have to go a bit longer. As far as the other one??? I dunno a mix up at plant out...an unstable hybrid...not as iso as was thought??? Smoki did say he had some questions about the supplier in the beginning. If pods like those continue to show up...I think some of those questions will be answered! Unfortunately if that is the case we may be a few more gens away from a better white bhut. Still different from the rest of my colors, so will fit in just fine in my garden. Any notes on taste? I've read a couple reports, but still a new variety. I'm wondering what it will pair nicely with in a sauce??? Pineapple or mango??? Maybe papaya???

geez what happened you got a possum problem? Anyway from the photos that I've seen elsewhere I think the one on the right is about as light a phase as can be expected...and looks like it went a little past what it should. I think in order to ensure the seeds are viable you might have to go a bit longer. As far as the other one??? I dunno a mix up at plant out...an unstable hybrid...not as iso as was thought??? Smoki did say he had some questions about the supplier in the beginning. If pods like those continue to show up...I think some of those questions will be answered! Unfortunately if that is the case we may be a few more gens away from a better white bhut. Still different from the rest of my colors, so will fit in just fine in my garden. Any notes on taste? I've read a couple reports, but still a new variety. I'm wondering what it will pair nicely with in a sauce??? Pineapple or mango??? Maybe papaya???

Yeah I know don't know what got into these pods, not on any others. I haven't tasted it as the pods were in this shape when I found them. Two plants out of six had ripe pods that were red so not a mix up.
Well I wouldn't say that this green is a cream white and if you have to wait till it turns red for seeds to be mature then white isn't the matured colour, just a phase through ripening.
I agree that it is more than likely an unstable hybrid. If you are questioning your supplier then maybe you should wait till you know for sure? Anyway don't want to seem like im bringing stuff up again so this is just a response to what you have said.
On a good note there are lots of pods on the plant and they look very healthy.
I look forward to seeing everyone elses pods.

I'm fine with light green...Most purple peppers eventually turn red but they're called purple, these "whites" get light and eventually turn red. So be it...its still different than the other bhuts and interesting. As far as the purples, they have me really excited! I don't mind harvesting immature to capture the purple. My old HS colors were purple and gold so those with some of my yellow bhuts or yellow 7's, fatali...in alternating bottles for tailgate parties will be awesome! Let me know when you got some flavor updates!

Pics of purple bhut , seeds supplied by me and grown out by Firedupchilli a long term buyer of mine and organic chilli grower in Mareeba Qld

053.JPG

Thanks Col mate for the pic and the ripe red pods can clearly be seen on the plant hope that clears the purple bhut question !!!!!!

Purple finally ripening to red . waiting on pics of whites and will post when available
This plant is unbelievablly beautiful...I keep going back to it over and over. I am sitting in a hospital room right now, so I can't look at my own plants...maybe tomorrow...The wife had to button up the ghetto greenhouse for me tonight and check on my starts under the lights...doing wonderful she says. But last time I was in this situation I came home to 2 dead Jalapeno plants that cooked in the greenhouse...ughhhh.

I'm wondering as I look at this pic if like other purples it goes to orange before red??? I think I remember reading that in a previos post??? I hope so...that would make it so much more interesting! I have some Aji Omnicolors inbound and they would look kick ass side by side in the garden.

I'm fine with light green...Most purple peppers eventually turn red but they're called purple, these "whites" get light and eventually turn red. So be it...its still different than the other bhuts and interesting. As far as the purples, they have me really excited! I don't mind harvesting immature to capture the purple. My old HS colors were purple and gold so those with some of my yellow bhuts or yellow 7's, fatali...in alternating bottles for tailgate parties will be awesome! Let me know when you got some flavor updates!

This plant is unbelievablly beautiful...I keep going back to it over and over. I am sitting in a hospital room right now, so I can't look at my own plants...maybe tomorrow...The wife had to button up the ghetto greenhouse for me tonight and check on my starts under the lights...doing wonderful she says. But last time I was in this situation I came home to 2 dead Jalapeno plants that cooked in the greenhouse...ughhhh.

I'm wondering as I look at this pic if like other purples it goes to orange before red??? I think I remember reading that in a previos post??? I hope so...that would make it so much more interesting! I have some Aji Omnicolors inbound and they would look kick ass side by side in the garden.

As I said depending where you live the plants can look even better , here are some I grew last year from the same exact batch of seeds only grown in a drier climate and as you can see top foliage is completly diffrernt with much more colour

DSC02077.JPG

Yes most purples do turn out red and I have no problem with that. I also have no problem with light green if that is what it said but it said cream white and stated never goes red.
I got some white 7 Pot seeds off JR that have gone white, they look awesome! Not super hot but nice colour.
Anyway said my bit and showed my pics.So that's all folks.
IMG_6870.jpg

I bought off of the seller , but mine died, my fault. Yet , my bother is loving his plant. I've seen video, the purple is clear. I hope, we'll see some lovely purple pods.If they turn red after purple , great, who cares, this is meant to be enjoyable. Growing these little barstewards is hard enough. I don't sell, I tried, failed, good luck to the man. This is an excellent forum lads, lets hope everybody gets what they want.

Ok update on my "white Bhuts". I have just ripped them up. No pods have even gone anywhere near turning white or even a cream or yellow. They all went from green to red. Just tasted one and they are sweet like a capsicum with mild heat towards the centre. Anyone else get anything different with their whites? I think 6 plants is too many to be a mistake.
And when he said the green is when it is mature and left longer then it turns red is not true. I cut a green one open and the seeds are still immature so they were always meant to turn red and plus they dont even tast like a bhut or have heat of a bhut. It is a totally different chilli.
So apparently smokinass wont accept what I have to say as Im also a seed seller but he is interested to hear how Grant's went even though he is also a seed seller. So Grant how did your "white" bhuts turn out? Anyone else had pods yet? Maybe you will all see the truth...

It would have been good if smokinass just said sorry and thought of a way to fix it and then I wouldnt be so upset, but instead he decided to try and bring me down. So I would not reccommend buying whites off him.
IMG_7012.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

Hi Candice,
I'll just go out and take a few picks, mine haven't ripened yet
....but they are dark green and a complete different shape than yours.
the other white plant also from same source is different to this one...... pics to follow

Ok update on my "white Bhuts". I have just ripped them up. No pods have even gone anywhere near turning white or even a cream or yellow. They all went from green to red. Just tasted one and they are sweet like a capsicum with mild heat towards the centre. Anyone else get anything different with their whites? I think 6 plants is too many to be a mistake.
And when he said the green is when it is mature and left longer then it turns red is not true. I cut a green one open and the seeds are still immature so they were always meant to turn red and plus they dont even tast like a bhut or have heat of a bhut. It is a totally different chilli.
So apparently smokinass wont accept what I have to say as Im also a seed seller but he is interested to hear how Grant's went even though he is also a seed seller. So Grant how did your "white" bhuts turn out? Anyone else had pods yet? Maybe you will all see the truth...

It would have been good if smokinass just said sorry and thought of a way to fix it and then I wouldnt be so upset, but instead he decided to try and bring me down. So I would not reccommend buying whites off him.
IMG_7012.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

The pods on my first plant have not gone through a white phase:
SomI3l.jpg

First day of ripening - yellow from light green
UUHfpl.jpg

Third day of ripening - orange from yellow
Tr4Bul.jpg

Sixth day of ripening - light red

The pods on my two plants have started a light green and not a dark green. The first plant had pods ripen through a short yellow phase through to orange and then finally red. The recent warmer weather has seen some of the pods ripen from light green to orange without the quick yellow transition.

The first plant is on my long list of disappointing Nots. The pods have not ripened through anything close to a white stage. Hence I recommend looking elsewhere for white varieties such as the Peruvian White, Yucatan White or LImo Blanco.

Back