• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Show Off Your Horns

Rifle season for deer opens on Monday here which is scary since it attracts crazy rednecks from all over, including lots of poachers. I've got a few bucks picked out and they're now fattening up on pumpkins and apples which should make for some great sausage. I'm not much of a hunter myself but I have become the sausage maker and meat smoker for lots of locals.
I just wish turkey season was open too, there are so many around and I can confirm that they are one of the stupidest animals on the entire planet:) I'm just hoping one will accidently find its way into my smoker:)

One of the nice things about this part of lower MN is the amount of wildlife in a 30 mile radius. Wild turkeys live in the trees just south of town, that area also has lots of coyotes and possums. Pheasants, geese, deer you name it. Hardee's is full of hunters stopping in on the weekends. Bird and deer sanctuaries assure there are a plentiful supply every year as well. I'm not able to hunt due to physical challenges but those who do share. It's all good.

ok so far this season I've only shot 2 does - 1 archery 1 shotgun - & another doe shotgun but lost the blood trail :( so dont have it. still have this weekend left ::crosses fingers::

my little cousin (16 yr old) has hunted deer before but never shot one, so I said come on up, I'm trying to help him out to get his first deer....well he got one on opener weekend & a very nice buck for his very first deer..not a monster but NICE!!....lucky bastard! :lol:

DSCF3795.jpg

Back