• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Show us your Scotch bonnets

Anybody have any Scotch bonnets to show off? I'd love to see some pics.

I usually go overboard on the SB varieties but this year I only have a few Scotch bonnet TFM plants. They are always late to mature for me, and not very huge or productive but they have an amazing taste and are pretty cool looking

Pods often differ in shape with this variety, but the one on the left is more typical although the 'tail' is uncommon
3878353950_997d217376.jpg

The Scotch Bonnet is one of the hab and hab related cousins that I don't have. Right now I've got seeds for and am attempting to germinate:

Paper Lantern Hab
Congo brown Hab
Large Chocolate Hab
Tasmanian Hab
Yellow Hab
Mustard Hab
Hab Peach
Orange hab (currently getting pods from)

So far so good. It's even not the Red cap mushroom. It's the yellow one :) It has bitter and mild common annuum taste. So the only reason to grow Tradewindsfruit's "Jamaican scotch bonnet" is to make some pics :)
I'll do when they ripe.

Scotch Bonnets are one of my favorites. Have been since I feel in love with them in Ja many years ago. The ones I'm growing this year are Yellow Scotch Bonnet that I got from CCN. Nice taste and heat but the pods aren't all that big. I'll take some pictures in a day or two and post them.

I've heard good things about the TFM bonnets. peppermania had them at one time but when I looked again , not long ago , she no longer had them listed. Is there any other place anyones knows of to buy some seed ?

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

POTAWIE ,

Here's a few shots. Not great ... I need some new energizers . If you want better pictures just let me know.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

SB1.jpg

Nice bonnets PD!
I think Beth at peppermania is the only one selling the TFM's and she'll likely be selling them again for next season. This one was a favorite being traded on other forums but has never made it to mass market, just to online chileheads:)

Here's Scotch Bonnet from Horizon Herbs
SB_09_09_09.jpg

ufo.jpg

That's right, the pods are erect. Oh LOL, that's NOT right :) But they still are :)
It's not my plant but the seeds were supplied by me.

I hope Beth has them next year. I know at this time she doesn't have them on her list. Because I can't promise what my seeds would be , crossed or not , I haven't wanted to trade this year. I given some out to a few folks who understood they may be crossed. On those I picked peppers from the deepest part of the plant in hopes they'd do alright for the good folks in pepper land.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

No, I'm uncommon Jah :D I like Ragga music but I do not thing that smoking weed is a good idea for me :) I'd say I'm just a good positive man :)

From the taxonomy police:

All habaneros are chinenses
Not all chinenses are habaneros

Scotch bonnet is a chinense not an habanero.

I Over Stand Jah ...... Thanks

PRF nuff respect & One Love. Your Bonnets look nice too. But it's hard to not like a nice Scotch Bonnet.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

Well... the thing is that mine aren't true Scotch Bonnets :) I'd like to get some true seeds.

I just posted my bonnets in my pic thread. some nice scozzese peppers, which is Italian for Scottish. i'm eating some now stuffed with avocado and they're downright delicious. They have such great flavor IMO. Next year i have to work harder on growing bonnets.

Here are five varieties...

Chocolate Scotch Bonnet (don't remember where the seeds are from and too lazy to go look)

090909a002.jpg

two Scotch Bonnets that look more like Caribbean Reds to me...

Seed Source - Tomato Growers

090909a003.jpg

Seed Source - Amish Heirloom

090909b001.jpg

and two true Bonnet Shaped peppers...this one is a Jamaican Scotch Bonnet from Beth at Peppermania...

071009b011.jpg

continued

Back