• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Show us your Scotch bonnets

Well ive figured out how to add photos, so here are my plants.

ScotchBonnets.jpg

Been waiteen a long time mon for dis peppar to ripen. Hey blood clot mon you like?

My foodarama scotch Bonnet.

IMG_6581cre.jpg

Nice pod Patrick...have you eaten it yet?

Hey everyone, just thought I would add my 2 cents worth!

Here is my Scotch bonnet plant enjoying the sun. It is about 7inch tall.

M01A0727.jpg

I pinched out the middle a few weeks ago and it has started growing rather bushy. Do they typically grow this bushy? or has my pinching done the trick?

Jah said:
Hi!
Yer ones are just the same as mine. They are C. annuum Yellow Mushroom (or Squash or Cheese or many other names).
These ones http://www.thehotpepper.com/showpost.php?p=244981&postcount=4
http://www.thehotpepper.com/showpost.php?p=248137&postcount=10
http://spice-blog.ru/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=920

Give the man a cigar!

I'm not sure they're Yellow Mushroom, but they're DEFINITELY not Scotch Bonnets. I've harvested some of the big/full grown pods now and I'm absolutely convinced that what the nursery sold as "Scotch Bonnet C. Chinense" are actually some kind of C. annuum. The leaves look like annuum leaves, bearing much more similarity to my Jalapeno and Thai Dragon leaves than to the Habaneros or Caribbean Reds (or even the Naga Morich.)

I'm not going to be growing this one again next year. :-/

It's got a very green-pepper capsicum taste, a little bitter, and very little heat for such a big pepper. The skin is very thin with lots of air inside and very little placenta.

Ah well, guess I need to set off in search of the ultimate Scotch Bonnet seed for next year. Who can recommend a good source for really tasty southeastern caribbean style yellow scotch bonnets?

Beware, most bonnet shaped "Scotch bonnets" are really annuums and not true SBs. I'd try Beth at peppermania, she's got some good SB's that are very popular on other forums: like the SB TFM, the Jamaican SB, and the foodarama SB.
Edit: You'll likely have to wait for her 2010 stock

I'm sad that I won't be getting Scotch Bonnets this year. It's my favorite pepper. Or was my favorite pepper until I tasted fresh Datils and Fataliis. I might have a new favorite to use in caribbean style sauces.

I might get some seeds from Neil for Bonda Ma Jacques or the Trini Yellow SB. The sauce I'm trying to re-create with yellow SB's is one I had in St. Lucia where the Bonda Ma Jacques originates!

POTAWIE said:
Beware, most bonnet shaped "Scotch bonnets" are really annuums and not true SBs. I'd try Beth at peppermania, she's got some good SB's that are very popular on other forums: like the SB TFM, the Jamaican SB, and the foodarama SB.
Edit: You'll likely have to wait for her 2010 stock

Agree with Beth and Peppermania...I am growing the Jamaican SB and Foodarama SB and both are pretty hot with the tamoshanter shape to them....I am going to try and grow the TFMs next season...

IMO, the Foodaramas are the best looking SB I have grown...but then again, I haven't grown the TFMs...

here is a shot of the plants...3 Foodaramas on the right & and 3 Jamaicans on the left....

092109b003.jpg

Close ups of two different Foodaramas

092109b004.jpg

092109b007.jpg

Close up of Jamaican SB

092109b008.jpg

7539718060_2ca6b95a82_m.jpg

First ripe one of the season.

I've tried to kill this plant numerous times,and I'm pretty sure it hates me!
But alas FRUIT that I can actually eat!!
Ha
Going to leave it on for another couple of days,but I def can't wait to taste this bad boy!!

Oh its a foodarama SB....

No one else have any bonnets?

:(
We need a emocon for :sadpanda:,and :babyjesuscrying: for posts like this

Back