• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Silver_Surfer's Pod Pile 8-26-09

I'm feeling lazy today, so one pile one pic, 2LBs 8oz.
DSCN1033.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Such beautiful pods you've got there SS, a 3.5 inch Naga Morich is NICE!

Thanks Cappy.

pappywith4 said:
wow good harvest! how many plants did they come off of?

Thanks

3 Nagas (one 2nd year), 3 Fatalii, 2 Habs (one 2nd year) and 2 Datil. 2nd year Datil is still blooming and growing pods, but no ripe ones this time. So 10 plants picked this round.

:shocked: *scuttles off to hide his puny pile of chillies in shame...

Great looking pods, what are your plans for them:?:

Silver_Surfer said:
3 Nagas (one 2nd year), 3 Fatalii, 2 Habs (one 2nd year) and 2 Datil. 2nd year Datil is still blooming and growing pods, but no ripe ones this time. So 10 plants picked this round.

Do you find your 2nd year plants being MORE productive than the others? I have a long grow season in so-cal and was considering putting in a shelf in the garage and overwintering some of my larger plants instead of growing the same variety from seed next year. Since it doesn't get too cold I figure the plant would be ok on a shelf in the garage for a few months.

abf303 said:
very nice ss

Appreciate it abf.

Lally said:
:shocked: *scuttles off to hide his puny pile of chillies in shame...

Great looking pods, what are your plans for them:?:

Thanks Lally. Since the dehydrator is currently occupied I think I'll make some more puree concentrate and a few jars of my hen grenades.

LGHT said:
Do you find your 2nd year plants being MORE productive than the others? I have a long grow season in so-cal and was considering putting in a shelf in the garage and overwintering some of my larger plants instead of growing the same variety from seed next year. Since it doesn't get too cold I figure the plant would be ok on a shelf in the garage for a few months.

Yes, they are definitely more productive and will give you ripe pods much earlier in the season too. Good luck with your overwintering project and keep an eye out for aphids and spider mites once you bring them indoors.

Back