• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver_Surfer's season starts

I gotta say, this is the most impressive thread on this forum. I gotta know, what do you do with all of those pods? There have been so many pods come across those tables and I am sure that you can feed a small village, one with a high heat tolerance, but a village nonetheless.

Aside from that, great pics as always.

Awesome Harvest! Mike sure did great with those those pods! SS sent some to snacks last year, he tried the red pod, heres the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEXOUljGkVA

I missed this one last year. Snacks must intern at the Phoenix zoo and work with the herpetology department feeding and handling Diamondbacks and Cobras. He has no fear. Awesome!

Thanks everyone for the comments. :)

I gotta say, this is the most impressive thread on this forum. I gotta know, what do you do with all of those pods? There have been so many pods come across those tables and I am sure that you can feed a small village, one with a high heat tolerance, but a village nonetheless.

Aside from that, great pics as always.
My dehydrator has been running 24/7 and hasn't had a rest in quite awhile and some of these are ground into powder blends. My chest freezer has no more room and many pods are converted to a puree concentrate and canned for later use in sauces and recipes. Some are made into sauce while others are pickled whole and others are consumed fresh or used in various recipes, but I'm still buried in pods. :lol:

I missed this one last year. Snacks must intern at the Phoenix zoo and work with the herpetology department feeding and handling Diamondbacks and Cobras. He has no fear. Awesome!
The Snackman is a pod munching machine. :)

I must add that those pods from last season were harvested from plants grown in pots and these this season are all in ground. The plants this year are really enjoying their freedom and expressing their gratitude in the only way they know how. :mouthonfire: I don't know if it's because they aren't root bound, or they're getting more of what they need from the soil, or it's just this seed generation, or a combination of conditions, but they're definitely hotter this season. I'll have to get in touch with Snacks and see if he would like to tackle a brown devil pod. ;)

Well, I've let the okra and squash go to seed; no more storage space. There are chilies to pick,
but it's difficult to get in the mood to crawl through...
Chilies9-3-11.jpg

the tangled undergrowth again when you're already overloaded with pods. The dehydrator is still
busy so I couldn't do much with them anyway. I think I'll just concentrate on saving some seed
this weekend, grill some animal flesh, consume mass quantities of liquid libation and relax.
Chilies2_9-3-11.jpg

I thought about you Beaglestorm when I looked at the Maui and snapped this shot for ya. Of course it would look better if not ensnared in so much other vegetation.
MauiPurple9-3-11.jpg

I grew 2 Jalabanero plants this season, which produced these two pod variations.
Jalabaneros9-3-11.jpg

The one on the left is much thicker fleshed and has a very strong fruity perfume resembling that of strawberries. The flavor is nice and fruity as well, has a heat around the level of a Cayenne, while the very outer layer of it's skin is tough and chewy. The elongated pods on the right have the same chewiness and heat, but lack the fruitiness and aroma of the thicker flesh displayed in the other variety. I'll plant several of the fleshy pod's seeds next season and see
what develops.
JalabanerosSliced9-3-11.jpg

Hello Silver Surfer, just read though the thread, some very inspiring stuff! :eek:

I also noticed you have some Aji Panca going, I've wondered about this variety for a while as I used to get jars of Aji Panca jam from a local food store, absolutely lovely stuff!

I've never seen anyone growing them before, what is your opinion on them?
Judging by the jam I used to get I imagine they're really sweet and pretty mild, definitely gonna get some seeds for next year if possible, thanks for reminding me!

Yes, sweet taste of raisins with mild heat and I really like the flavor, but it's not very productive for me yet. It kind of got smothered this season and I've only harvested a few pods. I'll try and get a pic of one soon. :)

Geez SS that mess of growth is looking like AJ's cousin's farm grown Trini Scorps. Must be something in that southern air I reckon.

I thought about you Beaglestorm when I looked at the Maui and snapped this shot for ya. Of course it would look better if not ensnared in so much other vegetation.

Showed this to my wife, and she is Ok with me planting it in the drive way garden bed. Just re-tested the Brown 7. (Video already on youtube, will post link in my thread tomorrow) Just as delicious (and hot) as I remember from last year. Thanks so much, I still have no pods on any of my Brown 7's, but now I have plenty of seed to try again next year. Thanks SS!

Geez SS that mess of growth is looking like AJ's cousin's farm grown Trini Scorps. Must be something in that southern air I reckon.
That's an Orange 7 on the left with the yardsticks.

you call that a pepper plant looks like a small tree lol :hell:
More like a shrub. ;)

btw is that thing really 2 yard sticks tall or is that meters :hell:
Yardsticks. :lol:

What are the white pods to the right side in outdoor photo #2
I's a PI 441598, but I've been told when true it ripens red; however, This plant has set a new personal C. Chinense pod production record for me this season. Here's what I picked today from that plant and I didn't get them all.
NewRecord.jpg

Showed this to my wife, and she is Ok with me planting it in the drive way garden bed. Just re-tested the Brown 7. (Video already on youtube, will post link in my thread tomorrow) Just as delicious (and hot) as I remember from last year. Thanks so much, I still have no pods on any of my Brown 7's, but now I have plenty of seed to try again next year. Thanks SS!
Watched the vid, another great one from the review master. :) That Maui will keep you very busy picking pods.

Back