• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Silver_Surfer's Soggy Setback 2013

When the ground almost gets dry enough to work, it rains again.
Soggy5-6-13_zps48858a8e.jpg

Plants are long past ready and beginning to get root bound.
Plants5-6-13_zpsccad1e1f.jpg

More rain today. At least the SE no longer suffers from a drought.

Your crosses are freaking fantastic. Denniz was kind enought to send me the Sepia serpent that didn't make it due to newbie mistakes starting from seed. Tex16 sent me a couple seeds and I am now the proud grower of a Sepia Serpent. Thanks for that contribution to the pepper community along with all the others you have supplied. Good growing to you my good man. And many a great harvest

Looking good SS! Glad to see you were able to overcome the soggy bottoms. I see you widened the rows some this year. Get tired of scooting through the garden on your back did ya? Good to see ya.

Bountiful harvest already! The Choco and Cream Fatalii look really nice and how about those El Jefe :lol: Did you try one already? Would like to know if it kept it's spicy flavor and nice kick ;)

Anyone heard from SS lately? Hasn't been on since the 3rd and that just ain't like him. Hope he's alright. I'm going to have to call him and make sure he's not Lost in the pepper patch

I talked to him over PM a while back about trading seeds. I sent him some MoA seed, and I haven't heard anything back. Sounds odd to me too. Hope he's alright. I thinks it's also around the 3rd, it was around that time he posted up pics of the SBJ7.

, Walter

patrick said:
Looking good SS! Glad to see you were able to overcome the soggy bottoms. I see you widened the rows some this year. Get tired of scooting through the garden on your back did ya? Good to see ya.
I also saw that. Make harvesting a little easier this season :)

Those SB7J's look positively wonderful! I would love to know what you thought of them.

Give us a shout SS and let us know how life is treating you buddy.

patrick said:
Those SB7J's look positively wonderful! I would love to know what you thought of them.

Give us a shout SS and let us know how life is treating you buddy.
Hey Patrick, I'm definitely not Silver Surfer, but I spoke to him again this week and he said he's done with growing this year. He's got too many other things going on. I'm going down again this week to strip his plants. If there's any plants alive that is. When I was there a couple weeks ago, he had let the garden go basically. Few dead plants, some alive but falling over and such. I'll let everyone know how he is if he's at home when I go down

coheed196 said:
Hey Patrick, I'm definitely not Silver Surfer, but I spoke to him again this week and he said he's done with growing this year. He's got too many other things going on. I'm going down again this week to strip his plants. If there's any plants alive that is. When I was there a couple weeks ago, he had let the garden go basically. Few dead plants, some alive but falling over and such. I'll let everyone know how he is if he's at home when I go down
We might need to talk pod swaps if you can score!

Back