• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SineNomine 2023

IMG_20230303_145332 de coperta.jpg

In this picture are 2 Dwarf Chiltepin from seeds from Semillas that sprouted on February 15. One of them shows signs of starting to branch out. A very nice growth habit for this variety. One of them will turn into a bonchi.

Links to my grow logs:

Hanging pots:
From the varieties grown in previous years:
- Fatalii - V2 2022 (original seeds from Semillas) - 2 plants
- Fatalii - V1 2022 (original seeds from PaulG / Cane Dog) - 1 plant
- Papa Dreadie SB - V1 2022 (original seeds from Sawyer G3) - 2 plants

New varieties:
- Humble Servants Homestead SB - MarcV 2022 - 2 plants
- KS Lemon Starrburst - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- PI 215734 - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- Aji Dulce Peruano - Thegreenchilemonster 2018 - 1 plant
- Aji Dulce Rojo - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- Frontera Sweet - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants

Bottom pots.
Here I have only one variety already grown, namely Goliath Jalapeno from PaulG. I will have almost half of the pots filled with Annuum from Spain.
- Goliath Jalapeno - V1 2022 (original seeds from PaulG) - 2 plants
- Farmers Jalapeño - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- De Arbol - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- Tap de Corti - MarcV 2020 - 2 plants
- Ñora - MarcV 2022 - 2 plants
- Jaranda - MarcV 2022 - 2 plants
- Jeromin - MarcV 2022 - 2 plants
- Pimiento Piquillo - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- Piment d´Espelette - Semillas 2022 - 3 plants
- Piment d´Espelette - MarcV 2020 - 2 plants

An hour ago, I soaked the C. Chinense seeds in a solution of 2% saltpeter in distilled water.

IMG_20230303_203817.jpg

I will leave it for 2 hours, after which I will empty the saltpeter solution and put a solution of H2O2 0.3% plus Rhizotonic 1% for almost 24 hours..
Tomorrow I will put C. Chinense seeds in Root Riot cubes.

Last edited:
That's the best of mornings.
And the evening is the same. Another MSM SB has sprouted. 🙂

Great to hear the HSH finally made it. They tend to be a bit slower...
Next year I'll give your fatalii another try 🙂 yeah I know, that's still almost a year from now... 🙄 I have some other fatalli varieties I'd like to grow also...
Marc, it's never too early to start... 🙂
I want to grow Fatali White and Fatali Mustard in small pots at the office. I have never grown them so I am very curious.
You can try the option of growing in small pots. For CaneDog and others here it works very well.

Or buy a property in the southern hemisphere as well and live in each part for half a year 🤡
A single property between the two areas could work just as well. 🙂

Some statistics 18 days after sowing.
The biggest surprise is that the 2018 Aji Dulce Peruano seeds germinated 100%. I sowed 17 seeds because I didn't know what would happen.
This is the highest germination rate of all sown Chinense varieties.
Fatalii - 77.6%
PI 215734 - 55.56%
Aji Dulce Rojo - 66.67%
Frontera Sweet - 50%
KS Lemon Starburst - 55.56%
Papa Dreadie SB - 66.67%
Habanada - 66.67%
Aji Dulce Amarillo - 60%

Last edited:
I may just do that when the time is right for the others to go outside and I have a room for new seedlings available inside. I have for instance the orange fatalii that is sold by THSC 🙂
I didn't know about that. You made me curious and I searched at THSC. I read the description and feel that I must try it. Unfortunately next year...

Last edited:
I am very pleased with these cubes, they worked very well for me.
Only the seeds of Aji Dulce Peruano were from 2018. My seeds are from 2022, I received the seeds from Semillas in October 2022. I guess they are not very old but I will never know...

I transplanted almost all C. Chinense, except HSH SB because they are still too small.

Hooks started to appear in the second round, by C. Annuum. Some discussions on here about the germination of C. Pubescens made me curious so I put 2 seeds of Tatiana F6 received from CaneDog.
This is the picture before the transplant.
IMG_20230325_115342.jpg

This is the picture of the C. Chinense tray. I did the transplant earlier than in other years to give the plants more time to get used to the new substrate.
IMG_20230325_140538.jpg

Some discussions on here about the germination of C. Pubescens made me curious so I put 2 seeds of Tatiana F6 received from CaneDog.
Just 2 seeds, huh? No pressure 😅 Hope I sent you some of the good seeds... ;)

The Tatiana has been quite vigorous when I've grown it and I've seen nothing off-pheno since having received the original seeds as F4's. Looking forward to seeing how it does for you.

In my space, the number of plants is already at its maximum and I had already sown the C. Annuum seeds. I resisted the temptation to try several varieties.
I think next year will be CaneDog season at the floor pots of my balcony. And I think there will be new varieties for another year... 🙂

Last edited:
In my space, the number of plants is already at its maximum and I had already sown the C. Annuum seeds. I resisted the temptation to try several varieties.
I think next year will be CaneDog season at the floor pots of my balcony. And I think there will be new varieties for another year... 🙂
I was thinking that you planted just 2 seeds of the Tatiana and I'm hoping at least one of them germinates for you! If you'd planted 6 of the Tatiana seeds I'd feel much more confident in success :) I think they'll do fine though.

It's really amazing how full your balcony becomes by the end of the season!

Back