• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS 2019 Container and Kratky GLOG

I am starting an indoor grow experiment so I might as well start the new years glog at the same time. Today I threw 3 seeds in the dirt(hoping for 66% germination). I will keep 1 in dirt and 1 in Kratky. These will stay in my grow room under my 8000K T8 shoplights from the beginning through fruit.

2441CD6D-6E14-4A65-8556-A5716D050AEC.jpeg

DWB said:

Naw man, I know moving is hell but I'm thinking about your plants. I get so many good ideas from you I thought I'd share the alabammy ventilation kit with you. Easy way to get some flow through ventilation to them there HOT pepper plants in that nasty uhaul.

+1 on the ventilation kit!  Add a roll of Gorilla tape to that! 

I'll bet good money no one's going to be crawling around on the roof of that box in August in Florida.

Another quick pick on the Rocotos. I think they sense the big whack job is near, they are looking a little droopy and pale...............or it could be me neglecting them. Anyway, in this order, first pic: Rocoto Montufar, Rocoto Guatamala Orange, a few Sri Lanka Chili Red, Gelbe Riesen Giant Yellow Rocoto, Rocoto Rio Haullago. Second pic: Rocoto Monzano Orange, Arequipa Giant Rocoto, and Orange Giant Rocoto.

62318E92-4BCF-47D6-B54F-D4273733B8B4.jpeg

3D49BDBD-00A5-48DD-B89F-5D62FBBBB662.jpeg

skullbiker said:
Just what a person would suspect would happen......................ERNEST Borg 9 just started making a ton of pods just before he gets whacked to near nothing!

attachicon.gif
C6C332B2-6352-4CF8-86B3-A66FACA1639E.jpeg

attachicon.gif
96BCCD8C-FA8D-43DD-8F17-CD962166F4C3.jpeg

How large is Ernest? Please consider using an elastic strap or pantyhose and begin pulling his branches inward to form an  upright cylinder shape. Certainly you can find a spot in that big ol' truck with a few feet of headroom to accommodate a distinguished gentleman like Ernest in a newly compacted but upright form.

I've been a major slacker this year on the THP. Mainly because it's my escape from work year, just a ton of shit to get done before I leave the workforce. I see I've been missing a great glog here, and want to wish you the best with your move.

Such a climate change! I escaped split from NY 40 years ago and never looked back on the snow and cold weather. Just be careful of the heat, you will now be known as a "Damned Yankee" ;) That first summer is one to be reckoned with!

So now you will be able to start growing seedlings in November :shh:

Good luck!

DWB said:

How large is Ernest? Please consider using an elastic strap or pantyhose and begin pulling his branches inward to form an  upright cylinder shape. Certainly you can find a spot in that big ol' truck with a few feet of headroom to accommodate a distinguished gentleman like Ernest in a newly compacted but upright form.
Good ole Ernie is in a 2 gal pot. Right now from the bottom of the pot to the tippy-top is about 4 1/2 feet. I really dont think the pods or leaves will survive the heat in the box. When unloading the last load over the 4th of July I touched the roof with the back of one shoulder and got a hell of a burn. I think the best bet may still be as a chopped off cross country plant. This last load is going to be really tight and I already know that some things will have to be left behind.

Devv said:
I've been a major slacker this year on the THP. Mainly because it's my escape from work year, just a ton of shit to get done before I leave the workforce. I see I've been missing a great glog here, and want to wish you the best with your move.

Such a climate change! I escaped split from NY 40 years ago and never looked back on the snow and cold weather. Just be careful of the heat, you will now be known as a "Damned Yankee" ;) That first summer is one to be reckoned with!

So now you will be able to start growing seedlings in November :shh:

Good luck!
Been going down there at times for years and have been there in the hot season. I will take the heat over the cold anytime. Im guessing I will be the Damned Yankee with the loud motorcycles! lol. And, seedlings will likely be started in August!

skullbiker said:
I just cut open one of my Arequipa Giant Rocotos. Really juicy! I am getting a good supply of seed for next season.

Now that's the kind of pepper I would love to be able to grow. Not a single pod set on any of my rocotos - plenty of flowers though. I'm hoping that fall will bring better luck. It's far too hot at the moment in Texas with daytime temps in the mid 90s.

I hope you're ready for Florida - you'll get loads of growth and a supoer long season but your rocotos are going to be a challenge - I'll be very interested to see how you get on.

Siv said:

Now that's the kind of pepper I would love to be able to grow. Not a single pod set on any of my rocotos - plenty of flowers though. I'm hoping that fall will bring better luck. It's far too hot at the moment in Texas with daytime temps in the mid 90s.

I hope you're ready for Florida - you'll get loads of growth and a supoer long season but your rocotos are going to be a challenge - I'll be very interested to see how you get on.
I am not so sure the heat bothers them as much as some think. Mine are all in the greenhouse and its been over 100f every day in there for the last month with a few days hitting 110.

skullbiker said:
I am not so sure the heat bothers them as much as some think. Mine are all in the greenhouse and its been over 100f every day in there for the last month with a few days hitting 110.

I have no idea - I'm just a beginner! I think maybe your nighttime temps are what helps - some periods of cool - whereas mine are on the Texas boil with lows around 80 which is not enough to chill the plant. How cold does it get at night for you?

Back