• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS 2019 Container and Kratky GLOG

I am starting an indoor grow experiment so I might as well start the new years glog at the same time. Today I threw 3 seeds in the dirt(hoping for 66% germination). I will keep 1 in dirt and 1 in Kratky. These will stay in my grow room under my 8000K T8 shoplights from the beginning through fruit.

2441CD6D-6E14-4A65-8556-A5716D050AEC.jpeg

Good luck getting your move finalized, SB.

Tough to leave something you know, but the
growing in Flo will be just too great for you!

Am looking forward to see what you can do
in a decent climate!

animal-cute-duckling-162140.jpg

skullbiker said:
SPARTAN MOSQUITO ERADICATOR ONE Acre Starter Pack (4 Tubes); Best Whole Yard Outdoor Killer Barrier Solution; More Effective Than ShortTerm Insect Repellent Trap Mosquito Free Backyard Garden Patio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NLJ3G99/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_nDz5CbDRDGHKV
I am one of those unlucky people who have an exaggerated reaction to just about any type of insect bite, so am giving it a try.

Recent development of a new neighborhood uphill from our home has altered the path groundwater takes, and it's now flowing across a low spot in the back of our next door neighbor's lot and creating a swampy area 30' from our deck. Hopefully, we are as happy with it as you have been.

nmlarson said:
I am one of those unlucky people who have an exaggerated reaction to just about any type of insect bite, so am giving it a try.

Recent development of a new neighborhood uphill from our home has altered the path groundwater takes, and it's now flowing across a low spot in the back of our next door neighbor's lot and creating a swampy area 30' from our deck. Hopefully, we are as happy with it as you have been.
We had way fewer mosquitos last year, we didn’t put them out in MN this year as we were already planning to leave, as of yesterday when loading another truckload the mosquitos were horendous and vicious. On our last trip to FL we put them out there so will see tonite.

skullbiker said:
We had way fewer mosquitos last year, we didn’t put them out in MN this year as we were already planning to leave, as of yesterday when loading another truckload the mosquitos were horendous and vicious. On our last trip to FL we put them out there so will see tonite.

I'll be awaiting the update with baited breath.  :P

I did a quick harvest of my totally neglected plants in the greenhouse. Surprisingly, the rocotos keep putting out the pods even though the greenhouse temps are 100+ many days and almost always 90+.
Anyway heres the pics of the pickin.

From top down, Rocoto Montufar, Rocoto Rio Haullago, Sri Lanka Chili Red, and Rocoto Guatamala Orange

4E92B81C-C46B-427D-9B4E-1C4F1506034E.jpeg

Rocoto Arequipa Giant, Rocoto Monzano Orange, Monzano Giant Red Rocoto, Gelbe Riesen Giant Yellow Rocoto

3DF1A452-42ED-454B-8181-EEC012B264FE.jpeg

skullbiker said:
I did a quick harvest of my totally neglected plants in the greenhouse. Surprisingly, the rocotos keep putting out the pods even though the greenhouse temps are 100+ many days and almost always 90+.
Anyway heres the pics of the pickin.

From top down, Rocoto Montufar, Rocoto Rio Haullago, Sri Lanka Chili Red, and Rocoto Guatamala Orange

attachicon.gif
4E92B81C-C46B-427D-9B4E-1C4F1506034E.jpeg

Rocoto Arequipa Giant, Rocoto Monzano Orange, Monzano Giant Red Rocoto, Gelbe Riesen Giant Yellow Rocoto

attachicon.gif
3DF1A452-42ED-454B-8181-EEC012B264FE.jpeg

those look great! good to see the weather isn't hurting them,

Today will be the last plant feeding out of my initial huge batch of FSST. A little boost this week and then in about a week and a half they get whacked down to over-winter size for the trip south. A true test to see if they live in the super hot box of a uhaul truck for 3 days/1650 miles with a lot of bouncing on the awesomly maintained roads. I think the FSST test was a success, in 7 months I went from germination to currently having harvested about 60 pods on my Rocoto Montufar and I have already picked a few Arequipa Giant pods with quite a few that look like they will be ready to pick within a week. Also got good early pod production on the Rocoto Haullago, Rocoto Guatamala Orange, and Gelbe Riesen Giant Yellow. Supposedly the Rocotos were supposed to be a difficult grow in Minnesota, but I didnt see it. Anyway, will see what happens going from frozen tundra to baked bug zone!

4390F8CC-B2D6-4C20-8719-039F578C0926.jpeg

skullbiker said:
Today will be the last plant feeding out of my initial huge batch of FSST. A little boost this week and then in about a week and a half they get whacked down to over-winter size for the trip south. A true test to see if they live in the super hot box of a uhaul truck for 3 days/1650 miles with a lot of bouncing on the awesomly maintained roads.

Good luck with the move!  It's been my experience that a constant light breeze is more important than light and will help, even if a little, with the extreme temps.  Hopefully, you won't have to deal with a heat wave when you do transport them and that box truck will have more than one ceiling vent. 

nmlarson said:

Good luck with the move!  It's been my experience that a constant light breeze is more important than light and will help, even if a little, with the extreme temps.  Hopefully, you won't have to deal with a heat wave when you do transport them and that box truck will have more than one ceiling vent. 
Will likely need more than luck on this final trip down. And, unfortunately the 26 ft uhaul trucks have zero vents in the box. It will get hot in there. Probably very hot. [emoji91][emoji3062]Anyway, by Aug. 11 I will know if I am starting all new plants or not! Hopefully it will not all turn to [emoji90].

skullbiker said:
Is that meant for my neck to end this moving HELL???

Naw man, I know moving is hell but I'm thinking about your plants. I get so many good ideas from you I thought I'd share the alabammy ventilation kit with you. Easy way to get some flow through ventilation to them there HOT pepper plants in that nasty uhaul.

Back