• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

SKULLBIKER'S 2023 FLOG(food log)

As with my GLOG, I'm getting started a bit late with this thread!
I'll start out today with my simple lunch.
A peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

6DB4DB5D-56FB-4BF6-903C-7313B55B208E.jpeg

Using this jelly.

497A1758-2884-43D1-A4C6-3DF00CF93E7E.jpeg

All I can say is that it is wonderful.

Whoa!!!!

What kinda sorcery is upon us?

That is bad to the ass. I always wanted one. Iโ€™m sure I could justify buying one. Iโ€™ve been clean and sober for the past 15 years. How much money did I save not drinking? See, Iโ€™m already in the process. Thanks for getting the wheels turning. The little tread mill mice in my head will thank you later. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Whoa!!!!

What kinda sorcery is upon us?

That is bad to the ass. I always wanted one. Iโ€™m sure I could justify buying one. Iโ€™ve been clean and sober for the past 15 years. How much money did I save not drinking? See, Iโ€™m already in the process. Thanks for getting the wheels turning. The little tread mill mice in my head will thank you later. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

When you calculate the money you saved by not drinking, donโ€™t forget to figure in inflation over those years. We have never regreted buying that piece of equipment. I have 35 years now of sober and non-smoking living. I have justified buying many things because of that.๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, I buzzed that 100+ grams of 7 Pot BubbleGum pods less stems but including seeds and placentas and ended up with just slightly shy of (2) 1 1/2 pint jars of pure pepper mash. Into the freezer and waiting for it's turn in the freeze dryer.

9BDFC1F3-5C30-465D-9055-F07EBD3FE7FE.jpeg

This is why I cut every single pepper pod that I process. Looked great on the outside, not so great on the inside!

6C6495A8-7BFB-4923-9E35-CA26766A2CD8.jpeg

As with my GLOG, I'm getting started a bit late with this thread!
I'll start out today with my simple lunch.
A peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

6DB4DB5D-56FB-4BF6-903C-7313B55B208E.jpeg

Using this jelly.

497A1758-2884-43D1-A4C6-3DF00CF93E7E.jpeg

All I can say is that it is wonderful.
I love hot pepper jelly but it's so hard to get. I used to get some from someone over in FL but the drive to his house was a real PITA. Then he quit making it. I'm too lazy to ever bother with making my own. Seeing this gave me an idea. I have an infinite supply of delicious superhot pepper powders. Next time I go to town for shopping I'm gonna get a jar of blueberry jam and try mixing some of my sweetest powder into it. I hope it works.

I love hot pepper jelly but it's so hard to get. I used to get some from someone over in FL but the drive to his house was a real PITA. Then he quit making it. I'm too lazy to ever bother with making my own. Seeing this gave me an idea. I have an infinite supply of delicious superhot pepper powders. Next time I go to town for shopping I'm gonna get a jar of blueberry jam and try mixing some of my sweetest powder into it. I hope it works.

I haven't tried that but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I haven't mixed a batch with any fruit "yet". Mine is basically sugar, pectin, and pure pepper juice. Hot pepper jelly on heavily buttered sourdough toast or a PJ&B sandwich is just one of the good things in life.

I haven't tried that but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I haven't mixed a batch with any fruit "yet". Mine is basically sugar, pectin, and pure pepper juice. Hot pepper jelly on heavily buttered sourdough toast or a PJ&B sandwich is just one of the good things in life.
Couple weeks back we made strawberry pepper jelly for the first time. Absolutely fantastic flavor, we must make another batch soon. Are you blending the peppers for the juice? What is your process please?

I think it's gonna work. My wife got me a small jar of Wally's best Blackberry Preserves. Measurement were not measured but maybe I put a couple Tbsp in another jar and shook in enough YNBS powder to add up to ยผ tsp. Stir well with a table knife and taste. I like it. I'll wait for melding of flavors before pass judgement and add more but I do believe it's a winner.

Thanks for the brain stim bro. Seems like that's happened before.

Couple weeks back we made strawberry pepper jelly for the first time. Absolutely fantastic flavor, we must make another batch soon. Are you blending the peppers for the juice? What is your process please?

Sorry for the delayed response. For the last three years I have juiced my peppers with a stainless steel single screw masticating juicer(technically a wheat grass juicer). Most pepper jelly recipes use the juice of bell peppers with chopped up bits of jalapeno or hotter peppers mixed in. Because I like a "clear" jelly I use the pure pepper juice for the liquid in the jelly recipe. I have done this with jalapenos, Rocoto Montufar, Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto, PeppaPeach, and Sugar Rush Peach peppers. This way I get the true pepper flavor of each type not masked by any fruit flavor. I can tell you that each type of pepper has a unique flavor. I have liked them all but red ripe jalapeno is always my favorite go to on a PB & J sandwich(heavy on both the jelly and peanut butter on thick sliced sourdough bread).

926B2432-D0CB-41EE-8ED9-2C26FB5C1D36.jpeg

Sorry for the delayed response. For the last three years I have juiced my peppers with a stainless steel single screw masticating juicer(technically a wheat grass juicer). Most pepper jelly recipes use the juice of bell peppers with chopped up bits of jalapeno or hotter peppers mixed in. Because I like a "clear" jelly I use the pure pepper juice for the liquid in the jelly recipe. I have done this with jalapenos, Rocoto Montufar, Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto, PeppaPeach, and Sugar Rush Peach peppers. This way I get the true pepper flavor of each type not masked by any fruit flavor. I can tell you that each type of pepper has a unique flavor. I have liked them all but red ripe jalapeno is always my favorite go to on a PB & J sandwich(heavy on both the jelly and peanut butter on thick sliced sourdough bread).

926B2432-D0CB-41EE-8ED9-2C26FB5C1D36.jpeg
Thank you for the details. We have only started to explore making jelly and this sound delightful.

I got some duck eggs from my neighbor the other day. Can you guess which one it is? It was part of my scrambled egg breakfast.

3F59857F-6F37-479E-932A-4F4837A5CA58.jpeg

Next up, pickled eggs done in the left over brine from the pickled beets.

32A7CCDA-09F6-4CC4-8AE3-644779B556D8.jpeg

And they turned out perfect.

0D8216EF-0550-4350-A17B-9CC8420EAAF4.jpeg

And, last but not least..............and since I have all these mangos right now and a Ninja Creami(see Tictok if you don't know what this is) and voilร ............."Mango Sorbet". ๐Ÿ˜‹

6063A95D-D0C1-495B-BBF0-777630FE8C53.jpeg

And it was wonderful. Infact, they all were. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Back