• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS Fun with peppers in 2021 GLOG

And so it begins, another year of growing some peppers. This will be a sort of continuation of last year

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/73129-skullbikers-roaring-into-the-twenties-glog/page-1

as several of those plants are still going(and many got whacked and ended up on the burn pile). 

Anyway, I have 3 trays of peppers sown and many have germinated already(mostly annums). I wanted to compare several different jalapeños for taste in real time. This tray is all jalapeños, ten types from 7 different vendors. The seeds in block 3 are from 2014.

DD790B1D-46C2-42E6-821B-35E0A56AED83.jpeg

Another tray with annums at each end and mostly rocotos in the middle(and they're taking their sweet time).

DFD905E8-004B-41CA-9450-5D6CC853DA56.jpeg

Biker Billy plants lookin good SB!

BBJ is one of the very few hybrids I grow, and I've grown it for at least 10 years.

Great pepper.

skullbiker said:

It's looking good now. Tomorrow morning may look different!

I guess that's a major difference between the tropics and the subtropics... The coldest here that I can remember (over a 2 year period) is 16°C (at night), during a five-day hurricane, though 20-24°C (night) is pretty standard.

Glad to see you keep on producing year-round :)

dragonsfire said:
-10c right now during the day, -17c tonight. Yesterday was +10c lol
I haven't been away from the cold so long that I don't remember it. But, I really am trying to forget it! [emoji3063]

We haven’t had a deep freeze yet this winter, but the weather man is saying it’s coming ,supposed to get down to 20* below normal. I guess we’re due for it. [emoji3063]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a bit of frost damage this morning. Ten rocoto plants were the victims, Damage was quite strange as it only affected plants on the east side of my house and only the area about 4 1/2 ft from the ground and upward. I had 2 other rocoto plants about 30 ft from these with absolutely no damage!‍♂️

That being said, there was a 42°f temp spread today so the parts of the rocotos and the ones with no damage should produce some pods.

C29F7B7B-7F27-4EA1-B689-496BC55FD39E.jpeg

skullbiker said:
I had a bit of frost damage this morning. Ten rocoto plants were the victims, Damage was quite strange as it only affected plants on the east side of my house and only the area about 4 1/2 ft from the ground and upward. I had 2 other rocoto plants about 30 ft from these with absolutely no damage!‍♂️

That being said, there was a 42°f temp spread today so the parts of the rocotos and the ones with no damage should produce some pods.

Sorry to hear about your loss  :tear:  In the wrong place at the wrong time... Hope your survivors manage the stress.

ahayastani said:

Sorry to hear about your loss  :tear:  In the wrong place at the wrong time... Hope your survivors manage the stress.

Nature always makes the big decisions, probably thought I should top those 6 & 8 foot tall plants so did it for me! I fooled it on a couple of them, I had not tied up some of the lower branches to the cage and had let them grow out radially so I'll tie those up have a couple more tall plants! 

Back