• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKER'S "Whats old is new for 22 glog"

I've put this off long enough and now it's time to start "gloging".
On January 1,2022 I picked the Brainstrains again.

40FCEB5B-090D-49ED-8260-B641AD88FBF6.jpeg

1423 grams this time.

FFC6D199-E99D-4418-A0BC-4EC03914B8B2.jpeg

And that means two more 1 1/2 pint jars for the freezer.

F1914795-09BB-4821-9C34-1966EA8CB525.jpeg

And they're still alive and producing.

CD66294B-7D9A-4793-AD60-7D9A16DFDE5A.jpeg

A2F33B6F-09AC-4A57-BA93-BEAA761A8329.jpeg

These are from seeds saved from pods of plants grown from your seed. I think I'm now on 3rd gen. and now getting the wide striped and also the darker solid color pods.
That's interesting. i'm still growing the peppapeach from my seeds and haven't seen any striping. Looks like you may have had come cross pollination?
I wouldn't mind trying out some of those seeds! Ummm......hint, hint.

Your garden is quite productive it seems. Those peppapeach will make for a lot of jars of nice eating peppers, but those borg peppers... o my god, what will you do with all of them? You must be able to fill a bathtub with borg mash by now. Lifetime supply of instant fire! :onfire:

skullbiker

Extreme Member
Your garden is quite productive it seems. Those peppapeach will make for a lot of jars of nice eating peppers, but those borg peppers... o my god, what will you do with all of them? You must be able to fill a bathtub with borg mash by now. Lifetime supply of instant fire! :onfire:
I've pickled up about 8 quarts of the PeppaPeach so far this year but just barely staying ahead as I consume about a pint a week. 😋
I have no idea what I'll do with all of the super hots, I already have a bathtub of Brainstrain mash in the freezer. I'm fairly sure that soon I'll start freeze drying it for long term storage. That way it can be reconstituted at any time for sauce or just buzz it into powder.

PaulG

Extreme Member
@skullbiker - The Katydids like to chomp
on rose buds, too. I guess it's dessert for
the aphid meal. Or is it the other way around?

Yeah Katydids are rather innocuous, as they are not present in large enough numbers to be an issue. They also don't eat a whole lot anyway and tend not to stay in one place for long.