• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Smoked Chicken Alfredo Lasagna

Had a lot of shredded smoked chicken that needed using, so here I go with another family favorite.

Smoked Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
I sweated some chopped sweet onion, then added in chopped bell peppers, minced sundried tomato and minced garlic.

Fk7mOOq.jpg

While this was lightly sauteing,  I chopped some fresh Italian parsley and basil.
Added in my chicken and the parsley, basil, oregano and salt.

6GyYSR7.jpg

Let that slow simmer for a bit while I finished of my homemade Alfredo sauce.
Then I added a generous amount of the sauce to the chicken.

FI9rdGw.jpg

Ladled some sauce into the bottom of my pan, a layer of pasta, chicken, cheese, repeat and top with pasta and even more Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses and sauce.

OkgrxXo.jpg

CNILeVm.jpg

Dcg331L.jpg

Tightly cover with foil and into a 375° oven for 45 minutes, then uncovered and brown the top under the broiler.
Let cool a bit before trying to slice and serve.

aAEtAsr.jpg

Alfredo Sauce
This is a doubled recipe .
Melt butter, whisk in cream and bring to slow boil, reduce heat and add in cheese.
Salt and pepper to taste and Parsley if desired.
6c heavy cream
3 sticks of butter
6c freshly grated Parmesan
1/2c Chopped Italian Parsley (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Don't ever be shy about the cheese!

ICuUEEK.jpg

b9iVlKF.jpg

The Money Shot!

stettoman

Extreme Member
That's my sauce, 'cept for some minced garlic. I haven't had a store/restaurant alfredo in over ten years, they just don't measure up.

Love me the alfredo lasagnas! Yours looks rockin', man. 

stettoman said:
That's my sauce, 'cept for some minced garlic. I haven't had a store/restaurant alfredo in over ten years, they just don't measure up.

Love me the alfredo lasagnas! Yours looks rockin', man.
Thank!
I know,right.
Too easy to make great Alfredo sauce at home.