• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

smokers, anyone do this ?

ok I've smoked tobacco many many years ago, & quit smoking for 10+ years. then had a craving for them for a time, see people enjoying some smokes in real life & TV, then BAM I go to the store & buy a pack one night. now I'm a little under a pack a day :banghead: :mope: :crazy:

never did will never do things like that .... i like my health for one , i can enjoy burninig my money , i also cant see my self wih yellow teeth and bad breath .... on top of all that nothing i miss if i live smoke free life

good luck with you trying to quit

I hear ya chilehunter. I gave up smoking for about a year then about eight months back I had a craving and thought I would be fine if I just had one for old times sake....... now I'm back on a pack a day! :banghead:

I'm told by a bloke who gave up 30+ years ago that the cravings never really go :scared:

That's right cravings come in waves and for reasons. One can think of cravings as triggers. I bet it by refusing to be a slave to the ciggies.

You should switch to home grown tobacco. I'd be happy to trade you some tobacco seeds for some chili seeds. Takes about 400 plants for a years worth of tobacco if you smoke 2 packs a day.

ok I've smoked tobacco many many years ago, & quit smoking for 10+ years. then had a craving for them for a time, see people enjoying some smokes in real life & TV, then BAM I go to the store & buy a pack one night. now I'm a little under a pack a day :banghead: :mope: :crazy:

I understand my friend,
I am a smoker and I understand your vice, we should not smoke because it hurts us and for our chili :think: .

CH:
I understand...and remember all too well.
I quit smoking for nearly 10 years...then went through a divorce and passing of my Dad withing a month. I thought I deserved a smoke or two a day, and bought a pack. Within a week or so...it was like I had never quit.

So...some 20 odd years later, I decided to quit for good...once again.
This time around I got a script of Chantix from my Dr.,took those for a 60 days...and have been "smokeless" for 19 months-16days.(but who's counting...huh?)In fact...I've not had the first craving this time....and truly believe I have finally kicked the habit.

IMO...Pitch out the pack(s)you already have,today...and don't buy any more,for whatever reason....and as you already know....afterwards,you'll be glad you did.
CM

I smoked for 28 years and quit the end of April 2005. Haven't had one since and I hope I never do. I get cravings all the time and I know if I smoke one I just as well buy a carton. Wicked addiction. I still pat my pockets when I leave the house to make sure I have them with me--5+ years after quitting. I still reach for them when I'm driving and sitting here typing this I want one bad.

My dad smoked for 65 years and I watched lung cancer take him a few years back. It took cancer three long years to kill him and it was one of the most brutal things I've ever witnessed. He fought it for as long as he could. To all you smokers out there I wish each and every one of you the strength and willpower to throw the damn things away.

I usually only smoke a couple cigars when my buddy, Tim, comes out for some drinking and drunken chef antics. Other than that, I don't smoke at all....except for when I'm on my active duty time.

Smokers become addicted to nicotine. Therefore, they are drug addicts.
Anyone that smokes knows this intuitively.

The amount of cigarettes you smoke is the amount you need to maintain a maintenance level of nicotine in the blood.
Smokers that drink smoke more while drinking, because alcohol causes the nicotine levels in the blood to drop faster.
Overtime you smoke more and more to get the same effect. Smoking less causes feelings of withdrawl.

If you manage to go 3-4 full days without... the physical withdrawl will have ceased and then its psychological.

If you then pick up a cig at any point in time you will certainly return to your previous level shortly.

This is how it is even if you convince yourself otherwise. :crazy:

I've smoked for more than 40 years, but a couple of years ago, when the govs (state and fed) jacked up the taxes, I decided I was not going to take it anymore. I went from 3 packs a day to less than 1/2 of one. I also find I enjoy smoking more.

Mike

I used snuff for twenty five years. Snuff has four times the nicotine of cigarettes. I quit three and a half years ago and still miss it everyday. I will not go back. Good luck and keep trying to quit.

I just counted it up, 29 years smoking... and I've never even tried to quit..I know its bad but I love it.
I really feel for those that have struggled with quitting.My lovely wife quit to get pregnant.. then soon after the baby,, Back at it! She so regrets it!
Hell of a habit!

imagine trying to quit this habit when cigarettes here cost 50cents a pack. =D

me and my friends have a saying, "I quit quitting!". lol.

i haven't tried to quit. not that i smoke a lot. I maybe have 3 or 4 sticks a week the most.

Back