• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

preservation Smoking Peppers?

DremoraLord said:
Your advice was great, I'll follow it, as I would have done anyway, but I was talking about texas's reply:

Hahaha ok, two TXs on here. Although his advice isn't bad either...it would make for a helluva night!

DremoraLord said:
Your advice was great, I'll follow it, as I would have done anyway, but I was talking about texas's reply:

Oh I think my response was right on the money. The ridiculousness of your initial question was beyond any sane persons comprehension. It was right up there with "Does anybody use 6 bullets when playing Russian roullette and if so what are the effects?" You asked a laughable question so I responded with a equally laughable answer. Nothing said here is intended to mock you personally.

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Oh I think my response was right on the money. The ridiculousness of your initial question was beyond any sane persons comprehension. It was right up there with "Does anybody use 6 bullets when playing Russian roullette and if so what are the effects?" You asked a laughable question so I responded with a equally laughable answer. Nothing said here is intended to mock you personally.

Cheers, TB.

Well, I knew from the start it was improbable, but I had no idea what effect burning it might have on the chilies, especially with using a proper filter, and I thought it could be vaporized. Did seem a bit silly and improbable, but I still thought there could be some truth to it, since there REALLY is a weed that uses some shit extracted from chillies...
Forget it though ...

texas blues said:

Cheers, TB.

:lol:
what he said !...

i thought it was quite funny

Its been done :)

Bong, drunk mate and dorset naga

Result

On the ground coughing up a lung and dry reaching for a good 15 mins

Toadaus bro did it after his first vid test.

trust an Aussie to try it......:lol:

All in all it's a bad idea.....No personal attacks, just people just trying to ensure you don't do something that we all know is extemely risky to your health.......

If you really want to find out some more, ask Armadillo. He is a doctor and will nicely tell you not to do it as death really is a downer on the night!!!!!!

What the f*** is wrong with you people? put the chiles down and step away. DO NOT SMOKE YOUR (or anyone else's) CHILES!

Hops does contain compounds that have sedative properties. Quoting this site

"The presence of a volatile alcoholic compound, known as 2-methyl-3-butene-2-ol (dimethylvinyl carbinol), has recently been isolated from the hops - this compound is believed to form some part of the plant's sedative properties - though requiring further studies. Fresh hops has very little of the alcohol and only small amounts can be detected in any single fruit, however the concentration of this alcohol seems to increase when the hops is subjected to drying and this volume reaches a maximum value within a two-year period at about 0.15 percent of the total volume - thus the sedative action of the hops may not be superstition at all."

All I know is IPAs and heavily bittered barleywines make me more drunk and sleepy than other beers with less hops but similar alcohol content. I've heard smoking them can give you a buzz, but I can imagine the taste isn't quite as pleasant as that of it's "sister" plant.

I'll stick to beer.

FiveStar said:
Hops does contain compounds that have sedative properties. Quoting this site

"The presence of a volatile alcoholic compound, known as 2-methyl-3-butene-2-ol (dimethylvinyl carbinol), has recently been isolated from the hops - this compound is believed to form some part of the plant's sedative properties - though requiring further studies. Fresh hops has very little of the alcohol and only small amounts can be detected in any single fruit, however the concentration of this alcohol seems to increase when the hops is subjected to drying and this volume reaches a maximum value within a two-year period at about 0.15 percent of the total volume - thus the sedative action of the hops may not be superstition at all."
Yep, the chemical developes in the lupulin glands.

Peppers should be smoked on the grill, period!

Txclosetgrower said:
MUST KNOW MOAR!

There is one bottle left in existence to my knowledge.
I will post a pic of it tonite.
It was called "Grain Damage - A Marley Wine". (It's a barley wine).
The label should be in the smithsonian, wait until you see it....

Back