• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Smut Poppers

There was a thread on Huitlacoche here recently.I ran across some at the Latin Grocery and grabbed a couple cans to experiment with.It's known as Mexican Truffles.I figured it's hard to go wrong with peppers,cheese and bacon...
pix0464.jpg

Standard popper technique,split 'em,seed 'em and stuffem.
pix0465.jpg

The Smut is not a pretty site,but in the interest of stuffing my face during a football game I persevered.
pix0468.jpg

I was right,hard to go wrong with Cheese,bacon and peppers,Not bad but not the next great thing either.Be sure to brush your teeth after this one it's pretty black!
2 thumbs up!:hell:

Didn't really suck...Definately not in the class of Truffles.I have a lot of this stuff left,and will be experimenting further!

Man up IGG!Its really not gross unless you smile into a mirror after eating it!It really had a kind of different flava...ya gotta try it I can't explain.My wife gave it very high reviews.Of course she is Special!!!!I will be using this up in the near future and will keep y'all posted on results!It's really not bad...I mean there was a cat who ate the first raw oyster...WTF was he thinking?

scoville said:
It's really not bad...I mean there was a cat who ate the first raw oyster...WTF was he thinking?

Probably "Damn I'm hungry". It does look messy Scoville but you have to be willing to try anything.

Back